The new 1.2.1 Beyond mobs are bugged/over-tuned

Just encountered the beyond mob in question. The Barrage / (ice) storm call fellow. Something went wrong in this patch, that's for sure. Instead of casting 1-2 storm calls before they detonate, he now casts something along the lines of 8-10. It seems the damage per storm call wasn't changed at all, leading to a completely insane damage potential. Melee and minion characters have close to no chance at fighting against it.

At least I hope it's a bug. Go see for yourself. I won't play Beyond before they patch the game to revert this change, I can say that much.
Last edited by Khargan on Aug 28, 2014, 10:25:01 PM
"
Khargan wrote:
Just encountered the beyond mob in question. The Barrage / (ice) storm call fellow. Something went wrong in this patch, that's for sure. Instead of casting 1-2 storm calls before they detonate, he now casts something along the lines of 8-10. It seems the damage per storm call wasn't changed at all, leading to a completely insane damage potential. Melee and minion characters have close to no chance at fighting against it.

At least I hope it's a bug. Go see for yourself.

by chance were you recording? =)
yes im so happy to hear about this. goes rly well with u "hardcode"(not so much in this post)players saying Scrbcore noobs and such
its hardcore right?PLUS TIS GAME IS EASY AINT IT?????
"
Can you please upload the video along with your skill tree and gear so we can properly anaylze the situation?

By the way

So in no way shape or form are they going to give you back your chara :(

That isn't true.

About 6 months ago they restored ~100 characters because of a bug they introduced with a patch. The Queens (big bugs that spawn little bugs and sometimes have lmp/gmp fireball) were one-shotting anyone that touched them in all leagues.

They will restore characters if they introduce a bug that kills people.

That being said, I just watched a streamer RIP to the exact same thing. And they said they're gonna contact GGG. So hopefully something happens.
"
"
Khargan wrote:

At least I hope it's a bug. Go see for yourself.

by chance were you recording? =)

I don't record while I play, sadly. I encountered this phenomenon three times in the span of 15 minutes or so, playing on cruel act 3. The archer beyond mob is fairly common, given that the pool of mobs is rather small, so it should be easy to find them.
"
Clocksimus wrote:
"
inDef wrote:
"
Clocksimus wrote:
In this thread:

Dude gets shock stacked on a chain storm call and RIPs > proceed to blaming GGG for breaking the game because he couldn't face tank a stacking attack of potentially highest damage type spell(lightning damage highest top end damage) in the game.

This mob spawned with double haste or you deserved to die. Either ways, nothing to see here.

I recorded it. I had no shock.

It was 2 total storm call circles.

I was running around while my totems killed the mobs. I was at 100% HP and in 1 frame my HP was 0.

VoD please and thank you. Not calling you a liar, but a lot of "one shot" calls are just people begging for attention.

I promise you I'm not begging for attention. I've been playing PoE for 2.5 years and probably RIP'd in HC on probably 50+ characters.

I'm glad someone above commented on experiencing this also. I'm telling you, it HAS to be a bug. There's just no way. And if it isn't a bug, I'm done with the game. I don't enjoy standard leagues at all, so we'll see what happens with this.
"
Khargan wrote:

At least I hope it's a bug. Go see for yourself. I won't play Beyond before they patch the game to revert this change, I can say that much.

Thank you for posting this.

This is BEYOND stupid.
"
inDef wrote:
"
Can you please upload the video along with your skill tree and gear so we can properly anaylze the situation?

By the way

So in no way shape or form are they going to give you back your chara :(

That isn't true.

About 6 months ago they restored ~100 characters because of a bug they introduced with a patch. The Queens (big bugs that spawn little bugs and sometimes have lmp/gmp fireball) were one-shotting anyone that touched them in all leagues.

They will restore characters if they introduce a bug that kills people.

That being said, I just watched a streamer RIP to the exact same thing. And they said they're gonna contact GGG. So hopefully something happens.

I'm sorry let me correct myself*

after the last time when they were cheated by the players who rip'd and demanded they're chara's back I doubt they are going to reiterate what they did that one, rare, rare, occasion.
Last edited by chillchillchill on Aug 28, 2014, 10:31:36 PM
I want to live, I think I should make the fire witch like I told myself before my cool ice witch runs into something that will set my weekend off bad again.
Now the question of the hour is who read the patch notes? Answer, you did. Next question: Who tried to play hardcore anyway, knowing new bosses were added? Come on, look at their history. No balance, no beta, no testing worth a damn, oh and something else they don't have: anything to lose. So if you're sitting up there in your silly little docks with all your silly hardcore characters and you have any plans of taking the top spot on the ladder tonight, just remember what's standing in your way. Remember every bugged mob that ever ripped you. And then...AND THEN do the smart thing. Let somebody else try first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info