[2.0] Crit Mjölner - Stupidly Expensive and Fun. **UBER DOWN**

"
Reoxy wrote:
Yes! Got it :)

pretty much perfect roll. Now I only need to vaal it for +1 lvl for gems...

I think saffels are better for me dunno why but i can face tan everything ;) and Atziri it self does less dmg than before with shield like yours.
Are rainbow-stride needed?

Couldn't I go with some badass 300ES boots with tri resist?

Spoiler
Was thinking of a few things on this build and thought of some different ideas. What if you cannot get your hands on a pair of Atziri gloves, or perhaps you don't want to always run the gloves but go for something else? I had an idea for something along the lines of these:

Granted, not the best pair of gloves for the stats compared to what they could be, but these would be a big boost to critical hit chance for Arc and Discharge, or any other spell that you're running around with. Obviously you wouldn't have the instant leech, but the other idea that came to mind was what about running a dual-curse setup on a Shav's that involved both Elemental Weakness and Warlord's Mark? Aside from gaining Endurance Charges, the leech is now not specific to just physical damage, which means that it will work with Arc and Discharge's damage, and you're getting close to 7% LL from the gem alone. This could offer a possibility of removing the LL gem from Arc/Discharge in Mjolner and allow for Iron Will to be slotted in there for extra damage.

Of course, you'd be losing the instant LL from Acuity, which is part of what this build centers around, but perhaps using Vaal Pact in the tree for that? You'd also be running 'Whispers of Doom' so you can double curse and get those up on enemies, and you can still swap out IW for LL when needed in tougher fights like the Atziri trio or Atziri herself, or tough map mods. I just figured the gloves might be worth going for since they offer a very nice chunk of spell critical hit chance and even some nice Energy Shield to boot.
In my opinion you can kill all mobs +map mods and bosses just with vaal pact but i wish you luck on Atziri with double curse :) casted>reflected>killed :);and this is the point where theory crafting ends. This build is around atziri gloves. Idea of having +crit chance for spells is good but first you would have to sacrifice atleast 10 passive points to get to vaal pact that means you sacrifice your dps or survi nods like block shield. If you can't put your hands on atziri gloves you can try vp build which been posted couple pages ago and then go kill Map Dominus with some sick rolls and tell me how was it :) Anyway its only a game and as far as you have currency to experiment you can do whatever you want. Im just curious about your idea maybe it'll work . Let us know :)
I have Atziri gloves so I can do the crit version of the build no problem with those in mind. The thing about double-cursing on Atziri is that it's not that big of an issue in my eyes because Warlord's Mark isn't going to be that much of a deal and the only one you have to worry about is Elemental Weakness. Even then the only real time where it's going to matter is when Atziri splits, or when she is launching a Flameblast, but that's easily mitigated. How you might ask:

Surgeon's Ruby Flask of Warding

Since Atziri has no issues with freezing, that means you don't need a chill-dispelling flask. In fact, I have run her with the Atziri gloves setup and have used these flasks:

Rumi's
Rumi's
Surgeon's Ruby of Warding
Surgeon's Ruby of Staunching
Surgeon's Topaz of Warding

You crit so much that it's very easy to keep the flasks going almost nonstop if you have to, and Rumi's refill quickly enough on their own during the 'healing phase' so that's never an issue. Split phase is simply switching out Arc for Concentrated Effect and running only on Discharge, which ensures more damage and lower AOE so you're not hitting too many of the clones and can stay away from the mirror one. Bleed is only a factor when she does her AOE projectile attack and you don't need more than one flask for that.

That all said, this is still just a bit of theory on my end as I'll need more fragments to try regular Atziri again, and still waiting on getting a double strength Heavy Belt so I can change some skill points around. That, and more Chromatics and an eternal orb or two to try and change the colors on my Shav's...no way in hell I'm giving up my RRGGBB on that without some protection when trying for RRRBBG. :\
You can get belts like
on poexyz for just a few exalts, just got to hound the check online button.
"
darkryus wrote:
Are rainbow-stride needed?

Couldn't I go with some badass 300ES boots with tri resist?

Spoiler

Well they arent needed but they are very good.
IGN: Reoxy
"
darkryus wrote:
You can get belts like
on poexyz for just a few exalts, just got to hound the check online button.

Yup, managed to find this one for 1 exalt:

Which is nice because Lightning and Cold were my weaker resists and now they won't be as much of an issue as they were before.
It's all fun and games until you make it to Uber Atziri and cannot dodge flameblast for shit :(
what do u mean cannot dodge? Did u try to facetank her or just failed to get out of the way when flameblast came? I dont even have balls to try her since im afraid ill fail and loose 20ex map :(
IGN: Reoxy
Last edited by Reoxy on Sep 10, 2014, 1:21:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info