Why don't YOU play HC?

"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
Because when I tried SC after HC I felt like I abandoned my elitist hardcore gamer image.

In all seriousness though, I just find SC straight up boring.

4274 billion damage? Noone cares.
Uber gear? Noone cares.

SC completely removes ANY bragging right over gear. I consider SC to be practice league.

Your playing PoE because you care what other random internet people think about your HC performance? Just LOL.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 27, 2014, 4:15:51 PM
Standard leagues are an amazing way to explore a lot of the game, and to really be able to push your own unique build to its limits without having to worry about losing most of your progress.
Reason i didnt play HC in invasion league... -> invasion league Content...
Reason i hate the new HC league (beyond)... -> invasion league Content...
Reason i will stop playing PoE in 3 months... -> invasion league Content...

After that i would like to say, how i think it's f*****ing awful from GGG to FORCE this shity !!!!NOT OPTIONAL!!!! Content into our face!

When ever a new league ends 2 new Keys get added to the "Keychain" that is the "poe core-game"
a few years and this game looks like the keychain of a f*****ing prison guard!

Instead of having a HC league you have a HC league of all previous leagues +1 that suxx!

Now in beyond i am worried 100% of the time, that is a situation i never been into, now its just a matter of time until you forget something and get wrecked!

Damn man i ripped to invasion content 4 times this league, bc i have had no clue of it...
Bc i didn't played invasion... bc i hated it... could i please get the old game back?

I mean now with the new masters we have a possibility to play through old league content in maps so why do we get force feed with "not optional content" (like corrupted areas, strongboxes usw.) while lvling? :/

Whats next? beyond & rampage in the new HC league afterwards? i am not gonna play that! xD

Thanks for reading my angry rant. ^^
Desync, lag, rubberbanding, damage spikes, etc...die too many times through no fault of mine. Add in all my mistakes and I wouldn't get to act 2 and if I did I'd probably get killed by the first monkey I came across!!
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on Aug 27, 2014, 7:16:50 PM
there are lots of external factors that can kill no matter how well you play. tack on to the fact that I don't have much time to play. I would rather have fun and not worry about time lost.
I found HS to be far too boring for me. Due to mentioned issues and situations you have to build a tanky character which is just not fun for me. Honestly it takes a different kind of style of play, not really a more "skilled" player. Most HC players I played with followed a similar build / play style.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
I prefere SC because SC allows more builds and a more challenging style of play. HC is simply to slow paced compared to a more rewarding fast paced SC build.
Desync and/or lag.

It happens sooner or later. I'd rather not HC too much.
desync and internet anomalies (whether its the ISP of GGG's servers)

or when my computer just pukes on itself for no apparent reason
Last edited by AridZephyr on Aug 27, 2014, 8:32:16 PM
Truth is alt+f4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info