Why don't YOU play HC?

I would love to play HC, but when I see how terrible is the desynchronization and the ping I have lately with the release of the new expansion, that would be a complete waste of my time because my character would die in no time.
I have no interest in playing more than just one character. And I don't want to have to worry about losing it if I die. Thinking that I won't ever die seems foolish to me. It seemed so when I'd never played the game before, and it seems even more so now that I've played it for a while.

If I just want to finish a map without dying, I can challenge myself to do that - I don't need hardcore to "force" me to do so in order to keep on playing with my character. I've always played games where I try my hardest not to die, but don't have a problem if I do. Knowing that you can "try again" makes it much more interesting to me, and lets me try some crazy things on the off chance they might work. If they don't, it's no big deal.

I'm a casual, solo player - and I don't interact with anybody else in the game. I don't collect equipment, or do any trading. I'm not interested in racking up challenges or achievements. I like the steady progress of things I've done on my own, and if I was forced to start over again (against my choice) I'd likely give up the game as I wouldn't enjoy it anymore.

So far, I haven't seen any arguments for playing hardcore that would make me want to do so in any way.
Last edited by Sintactical on Aug 27, 2014, 3:05:02 PM
I don't play HC when there's no HC content that's exciting to me or when the non-HC content is more exciting than the HC content. I'm currently playing Beyond. Beyond is exciting, while Rampage is concentrated anti-excitement.

Technically I prefer having the choice of continuing to play my characters in the same league again when they die. I think I'd play non-HC all the time if the leagues were both the same. Since they're not, and HC keeps getting cool new monsters to fight while non-HC gets gimmicks like loot boxes and kill streaks, I end up playing HC most of the time.
I don't play HC because it's so boring to have to focus only on making tanky characters.

Glass cannons are so much more fun. Plus there are so many bullshit deaths that are beyond my control, why would I ever subject myself to that?

Getting high level in HC does not make you more skilled, it just means you got lucky and don't have real life events to worry about while you play
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
I play this game to make interesting builds and relax. I don't like the early game much so starting over every death would lead to a lot of boredom. If I want to do something thrilling, I have other games for that.
I wish I could play HC. But I'm a very poor sport. I get overly angry when things don't go my way in a game, and can see myself overreacting upon the death of a lvl 50+ character.

I can't play competitive games like LoL for the same reason :)
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
...and for some levity, real life is already like hardcore. It's nice to be in a fictional world where your death isn't so life changing. LOL
Like many others...Desynch. I've had a few unsolicited deaths in SC due to rubberbanding and desynch. Had those deaths occurred in hardcore, I would have ragequit many months ago.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Because when I tried SC after HC I felt like I abandoned my elitist hardcore gamer image.

In all seriousness though, I just find SC straight up boring.

4274 billion damage? Noone cares.
Uber gear? Noone cares.

SC completely removes ANY bragging right over gear. I consider SC to be practice league.
Don't have an instant log out macro installed and the cat ate my F4 key.

You guys fill your boots :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info