Why don't YOU play HC?

^
Not to mention flasks, the whole point of boxes is that you can prepare however you like, I still havent seen a single box where someone would die if he prepared, hell going town to get a swap its much less time-expensive than RIPing because you wanted to risk it and lose no time.

So much bait in this thread, Jeebus. (well the thread itself could not go any other way)
Or maybe some people actually think they are right in what they are saying.
Poor internet/pc/desync/time seem to be the only real answers.
Either way hope you guys have fun with the game, regardless of league.
Oblivious
Even though I consider the HC ladder leagues to be much more fun,my main issues as a ladder player are these:

1. Desync: No matter how much you try to sugar coat, it does happen and there is always the chance it will kill you. You can say that you know it's there and you have to take it into account and you would be right, but it's still a valid reason. I already have to avoid it in order to save 1 whole day of farming, I don't need more consequences for it.

and, main reason #2:

Hardcore contect is generally being balanced as things go: I haven't put much time into knowing what's going on in the current league, but back in Ambush/Invasion, for over half the ladder period, around 1/3 of the invasion bosses were instant alt+f4 just because you realised they spawned in your instance. That's not something that attracts me really. That's not a bigger challenge in any way or form either.

Maybe now that health got buffed and resistances got shuffled a little ggg can stop overtuning everything into 1 shot power level in merciless. That might make hardcore a bit more alluring.
"
polimeris wrote:
I don't play HC because I consider the challenge the game has to offer is not HC worthy.
I play HC when I reckon what's the game has to offer and I accept to tackle it fully.
Playing HC in this game is mostly about avoiding the challenges the game has to offer.

Also, there is absolutely not a single difference between playing 'hardcore' in HC mode and playing 'hardcore' in SC mode.
Zero.
A smiley face on the character sheet of chars who never died would serve the same purpose than the current HC mode.

Ladders, community, economy.....everything is the same, right!
I DO play some HC. But as a completely different game. My focus on progression and wealth accumulation and build creation is all done in SC standard. I see no point in resetting my progress in the game, just because some other people does that.

As for the HC, I dont trade, dont party, dont accumulate wealth or anything at HC. I play it with a single char that I know WILL DIE, just for the thrill of it. I find trying to accomplish anything in HC is silly, as it just requires to skip the challenge, not fulfill it.

If I want some grind and progression I go to standard.
If I want some thrill I log to my HC till he dies to some BS.
If I want some real challenge I play LoL.
I would love to play HC but this stops me:

Lag spikes - The game has improved, but there are just still too many situations where desync and FPS lag spikes occur.

Damage spikes - I can literally run around and not die for an hour and then get 1-shotted out of nowhere.
I used to solely play HC. And then 3 deaths in a row at 85+ forced my hand to solely play Standard and I don't regret my decision.

Disconnect death. Yes just like the poor blonde in the matrix, and sadly still to this day you can disconnect from the server and it does not remove you from the instance. So you will kill your POE process after a while( because you can't logout ) come back and you are sitting in standard, without even a hint as to what happened to your character....other than it got killed of course.

All in all HC is fun as hell until the server decides you are dead, sometimes when you aren't even connected to the desync'trix

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
this thread is like asking people "why aren't you religious?"

the only answer i can get is " why the fk should i?"

[Removed by Support]

so why would i waste my time in HC? the frustration you get when you die, the frustration you get because you are forced to go for a specific build with specific items.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Sep 1, 2014, 6:57:09 PM
Oddly enough, I don't HC because i like a challenge. Allow me to explain:

I roll a crazy roll on a map, one I think I might not be able to handle. (Everyone rolls one of these, even if your insane pro).

On HC i would say "LOL NO!" to the map since i think i could die, and I'd really not want to remake my lvl 60-80 char again because i was stupid and did this map.

On SC however, i can be like "FUCK IT LETS TRY!", and proceed to somehow pull through and live and feel awesome, or die and laugh at myself and roll a diff map.

So in HC I only find myself playing as safely as possible, which can be quite boring.

I also have a really hard time paying COMPLETE attention to the game sometimes (like playing while watching a movie), so i'll not notice a puncture or corrupted blood or some other crap.
Desync
"
mazul wrote:
"
ntall1 wrote:

4. Poorly balanced 1 shot mechanics like Ice Nova on strongboxes.

Ice nova is balanced. It is intended as an evadeble 1-shot mechanic.

Lightning Warp,Leap Slam, Smoke Mine and Flicker Strike are all enough to avoid it.

Ice nova is a spell. Evasion only works vs attacks. Thus ice nova cannot be evaded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info