Why don't YOU play HC?

I take too many chances.

Also, my internet has issues and I have a toddler. I never want to be in a position where I lose all progress due to things outside of my control, or need to worry about going AFK to play with my daughter.
I just like to run in and not worry about playing it safe. Ambush box not identified? Who care's, I'm hitting it. It just isn't all that fun to me to play super carefully all the time.

Also, with this game's mechanics, you cannot play in a dangerous but skillful manner in hardcore. Good movement ability doesn't matter most of the time. You still get hit, even though nothing took a swing at you or the projectile missed by 10 feet. Avoiding things tends to be a dice roll. The game would be played much differently without these problems. Maybe I would also enjoy hardcore more if that were the case.

I don't believe desync has improved at all by the way. Gets worse every major patch. I don't think it is that their network and prediction that got worse. They just keep adding mechanics that are very prone to cause problems.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Sep 2, 2014, 3:30:17 PM
"
sharkh20 wrote:
I just like to run in and not worry about playing it safe. Ambush box not identified? Who care's, I'm hitting it. It just isn't all that fun to me to play super carefully all the time.

Also, with this game's mechanics, you cannot play in a dangerous but skillful manner in hardcore. Good movement ability doesn't matter most of the time. You still get hit, even though nothing took a swing at you or the projectile missed by 10 feet. Avoiding things tends to be a dice roll. The game would be played much differently without these problems. Maybe I would also enjoy hardcore more if that were the case.

I don't believe desync has improved at all by the way. Gets worse every major patch. I don't think it is that their network and prediction that got worse. They just keep adding mechanics that are very prone to cause problems.

<3 +100 ! So honest feedback like mine and yet we support the game.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
Farystar wrote:

<3 +100 ! So honest feedback like mine and yet we support the game.

I love this game very much and want it to succeed. I still think it has a lot of problems though. I just want it to be even better.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Sep 2, 2014, 3:33:53 PM
True, it is just pissing me off last 6 months, just can't get to end game and end game maps in HC. No matter how hard i try, feels like you can't keep HC Chars ever =/.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

"
Farystar wrote:
True, it is just pissing me off last 6 months, just can't get to end game and end game maps in HC. No matter how hard i try, feels like you can't keep HC Chars ever =/.

What kills you? I'd like the level 90 HC achievement one day, but so far I only got the 70 one. Only tried once, then died to a lag spike paired with playing recklessly, and not logging out when I realized that the ping had spiked to 2000+ (would really like an option to show just the ping in a corner, not the graphs). Working on the level 90 SC one (3 levels more, keep getting sidetracked by new leagues, new builds, etc), then I'll tackle that again. My only serious living HC char is the one from the charity race.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Farystar wrote:

What kills you? I'd like the level 90 HC achievement one day, but so far I only got the 70 one. Only tried once, then died to a lag spike paired with playing recklessly, and not logging out when I realized that the ping had spiked to 2000+ (would really like an option to show just the ping in a corner, not the graphs). Working on the level 90 SC one (3 levels more, keep getting sidetracked by new leagues, new builds, etc), then I'll tackle that again. My only serious living HC char is the one from the charity race.

I keep getting wierd hits i don't even see (than i see resurrect button), stutters all the time, occasional freezes and wierd Dc's.

Only minority of high end streamers enjoy this game, cause they live of streaming games, or are rich somehow and have time to play 24/7. Have nothing against them in fact i even watch some of them trying to figure out, how they always make it.

1 conclusion and only one i got is: They have perma Pro friend party plays, which helps them getting back up in HC after loosing their chars. Us normal people don't ever stand a chance and that is why i started to loose motivation for this game. I just want to relaxingly play HC and get to endgame like minor % of these players.

Last edited by Farystar on Sep 2, 2014, 3:55:34 PM
I feel this topic is troll bait, and I'm surprised it wasn't shut down. I would say a topic like "Why don't you put your hand into a running garbage disposal?" has about the same merit.

This is just a shallow way of telling the devs (as if they don't already know) that desync has a negative impact on the game, especially HC.

Unstable game with overpowered damage in some cases + boring builds.
and this is why im done playing path of exile, its to dogy for hc anymore and the base leagues are dull. time for a new game might buy risen 3 or do some divinity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info