Game looks great on youtube but I will never be able to play it

"

Wario Land ftw. Never die or see a game over just lose some coins. :)

I never played this one, clearly it was the beginning of the end for hardcore games. I never liked Wario anyway, especially once they put him on Virtual Boy and he nearly made the throw up. Go play Battle Toads and tell me you can honestly make it past the speeder level. If you do, you are The HardestCore.

Anyway, glad you are getting the hang of it Trin! I see now better advice to give you would have been, "Don't compare yourself to others" but hindsight is 20/20.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
"
"
TriniGamer wrote:
^^^ hey yes thats my main problem

I watch builds on youtube and I can't understand how they do it

Look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCEj091eia8

how does the guy get those fancy blue thingy? where it flies out like blue curved blades. I asked this a million times in the game and no one knows. Also the yellow circle thingies aswell

This is his thread also

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/992716/page/1

how does he get all those fancy stuff those skills and effects in the video?

That's Mathils new CoC Buzzsaw.

He is using the Seraph Spectral Throw MTX (applies to Gem, converts any spectral throw weapon into the flying banana) and is using the CoC gem to proc Ball Lightning/Arc (the funky blue things you see).

Nice cheap, high deeps build (apart from the 6link, but you can run this with 5link)

EDIT: (Wait until Seraph comes on special again, probably in a few weeks)

hey thanks man

One thing though where does one get a CoC gem? I am level 21 witch how long would it take to get that gem? and this ball lightning/arc thing you speak off how do you also get that? do you mean its a skill that comes out of the gem?

And spectral throw I assume its a gem in a weapon? how and where would I get that gem? and can it be any weapon?
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Aug 27, 2014, 11:26:01 AM
"
Hyaon wrote:
I play on average 3 hours a day. Is that HC?

Like wise is this game really that hard core I mean once you figure out the skill tree the game kinda a cake walk..
STMain: 150k dps GH Zerker
Hey, TriniGamer :)

Here are some answers to your questions, and I will try to make this as simple and understandable as possible. Lets start:

1. Spectral Throw is the starting gem for the Scion class. This class is unlocked when you complete Act 3 for the first time. There's no other way of getting it, than either buying it from another player (or getting for free, it's not hard for a player getting it for you if you ask in Global Chat) or waiting for it to sometime drop, if you're lucky.
2. CoC is a gem you usually get at level 40-60, if you go for it.
3. The Ball Lightning gem you get at Cruel difficulty (this difficulty is reached after you complete Act 3 for the first time) but when in this difficulty, I'm unfortunatley unsure. Arc gem is gotten in about the same time as far as I know.
4. The golden "saber" throwing is a microtransaction effect for Spectral Throw, bought in the microtransactions store.
5. All gems can be placed in all sockets. The only requirement is that the colour of both the socket and the gem is matching. Yes, it's not very intuitive.

The problems with your gameplay I encountered countless times, when I first started playing, usually I hit a wall at about level 50-60, but I'm beginning to succeed. The only solution to this is that you, firstly:

1. Stop overestimating what you have to achieve to "succeed" in this game ... Just play for fun :)
2. To make an effective build, you need a thorough understanding of the skills in the game, both passive and active. This is only achieveable by experience, which is best gained by playing, but it's also recommended that you check out the unofficial PoE Wiki. Taking notes is recommended.
3. Join Public Parties, as these can help you getting on your feet greatly. To find Public Parties, when in-game press "s" and click at the fourth button from the left and begin browsing, to see if there's a party that's right for your needs. Don't be afraid, they're mostly nice people.

I hope this was all you needed to know.

Sincerely ...

I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Aug 27, 2014, 4:02:32 PM
OP has a valid argument against the lack of information provided in the game and he gets charged by a bunch of white knights.

PoE isn't a game that you just play and get good at, you have to read forums and wikis and other crap. Apparently hardcore means tons of grinding and providing absolutely no basic information within the game. They really need to make an in game database for stuff like quest rewards and etc.

Since they will never do that, here you go http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards
Last edited by Mephasm on Aug 27, 2014, 3:28:38 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
too hardcore and caters way to much for the hardcore nerd market.

No room for noobs like myself.

Do you go to nascar races every year and complain that you can't race in the cars having no driving experience yourself?

What utter rubbish.

VI
"
Mephasm wrote:
OP has a valid argument against the lack of information provided in the game and he gets charged by a bunch of white knights.

PoE isn't a game that you just play and get good at, you have to read forums and wikis and other crap. Apparently hardcore means tons of grinding and providing absolutely no basic information within the game. They really need to make an in game database for stuff like quest rewards and etc.

Since they will never do that, here you go http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards

they dont need to make a database for the game cuz theres already a few wikis out there that have all the info that you would need. people just need to use some common sense and google things. also they actually added a small tutorial with 1.2. its very minimalistic but it does explain some things

the point of games like these is community interaction and figuring things out.
"
Mephasm wrote:

PoE isn't a game that you just play and get good at, you have to read forums and wikis and other crap.

Yes it is. Durp. And no you don't.

Hey I got a question for you, what guides did the first path players use? Oh right. They used their brains.

I got to endgame (unlike yourself) without stealing people's builds and having everyone else do the math for me.

If you're someone who DOESN'T like to think, Path (or any real RPG) is not the genre for you.

VI
"
"
TriniGamer wrote:

Do you go to nascar races every year and complain that you can't race in the cars having no driving experience yourself?

What utter rubbish.

Nascar is a sport that people compete in for money, PoE is what? a fucking video game, played for fun.

Your comparison is what is rubbish.
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
"
TriniGamer wrote:

What utter rubbish.

Nascar is a sport that people compete in for money, PoE is what? a fucking video game, played for fun.

Your comparison is what is rubbish.

Edit: Don't reply to stupid.

VI
Last edited by ConanTheGamebarian on Aug 27, 2014, 4:12:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info