Game looks great on youtube but I will never be able to play it

"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Hey, TriniGamer :)

Here are some answers to your questions, and I will try to make this as simple and understandable as possible. Lets start:

1. Spectral Throw is the starting gem for the Scion class. This class is unlocked when you complete Act 3 for the first time. There's no other way of getting it, than either buying it from another player (or getting for free, it's not hard for a player getting it for you if you ask in Global Chat) or waiting for it to sometime drop, if you're lucky.
2. CoC is a gem you usually get at level 40-60, if you go for it.
3. The Ball Lightning gem you get at Cruel difficulty (this difficulty is reached after you complete Act 3 for the first time) but when in this difficulty, I'm unfortunatley unsure. Arc gem is gotten in about the same time as far as I know.
4. The golden "saber" throwing is a microtransaction effect for Spectral Throw, bought in the microtransactions store.
5. All gems can be placed in all sockets. The only requirement is that the colour of both the socket and the gem is matching. Yes, it's not very intuitive.

The problems with your gameplay I encountered countless times, when I first started playing, usually I hit a wall at about level 50-60, but I'm beginning to succeed. The only solution to this is that you, firstly:

1. Stop overestimating what you have to achieve to "succeed" in this game ... Just play for fun :)
2. To make an effective build, you need a thorough understanding of the skills in the game, both passive and active. This is only achieveable by experience, which is best gained by playing, but it's also recommended that you check out the unofficial PoE Wiki. Taking notes is recommended.
3. Join Public Parties, as these can help you getting on your feet greatly. To find Public Parties, when in-game press "s" and click at the fourth button from the left and begin browsing, to see if there's a party that's right for your needs. Don't be afraid, they're mostly nice people.

I hope this was all you needed to know.

Sincerely ...

Thanks so much buddy you hit the nail on the head perfect you answered all my questions perfectly and I even got the lightning arc gem today aswell.

Now I know whats happening here now. I just wish this game made it easier to teleport to other players its somewhat very difficult to ask someone to open a portal for you either they won't spend a scroll or they don't even read your chat. In Diablo 3 its really convenient just clicking on the banner.

I wish GGG could atleast take a page from their book D3 might be the opposite of this game but there are a couple of things they do have right and better if you are willing give jack his jacket.

No problem :)

Also, the Teleport To Player will probably not ever be implemented in this game ... At least not the way it's implemented in Diablo 3. This particular Diablo 3 mechanic has been criticized due to various reasons, which you can find by checking the Diablo 3 forums.
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Aug 28, 2014, 7:35:52 AM
Basically, for F2P games of this genre: Marvel Heroes for casual, and PoE for hardcore. TL2 for people who like to mod their games. D3 for people who likes Blizzard.
Absolutely no pages should be taken from D3! If you want a casual, shallow, "everyone is a winner" experience, you can play D3. There is no need to alter PoE to be more like it when what you want already exists.

PoE isn't as hardcore as it may seem, unless you play it competitively. You can play it at your own pace, repeat areas for as often as you want, overlevel to trivialize content, etc. Any game is hardcore if you play it with ambition. Don't, have fun, take your time, and PoE can last you a long time.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Now I know whats happening here now. I just wish this game made it easier to teleport to other players its somewhat very difficult to ask someone to open a portal for you either they won't spend a scroll or they don't even read your chat. In Diablo 3 its really convenient just clicking on the banner.

Hi there :) I'm happy to see that you've been able to get some answers, despite the ruckus in this thread.

You'll have to look at the portals and the portal methods like cars in real life: if you ask someone to come get you with a car, there will be a higher chance that they'll do it if they're your friends/coworkers than some random dude. If you called someone to get you with a car and they don't answer the phone, they might just be AFK and you'd have to try again a bit later or they're busy and don't have time to get you with their car. Or they don't have a car or they are low on gas and can't come get you.

I'd advise you to befriend a couple of players from this thread or even join a guild for beginners, you'll get lots of help and gear that way. Otherwise, i don't know if you already know ZiggyD, but his beginners guide playlist helped many beginners to get started, me included, so i'd suggest you take a look there as well.
Games like this are not hard. Until maps you can use one skill to plow most content.

But the game on the surface looks overwhelming. It's not. Spend 15 minutes reading the mechanics thread, go play for a couple of hours. Experiment, and expect a few failures before you have a solid toon.

Op sounds like he would be better off playing flash games on his phone.

My gf was terrible at Warcraft, and it basically holds your hand. But here, she impresses me with her creativeness.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
For some reason, I have Lorde - Royals stuck in my head... stupid VMAs

Spoils
______

I've never played an MMO,
I cut my teeth with online FPS that play like movies
And I'm not proud of my nerdiness,
No beefed up rig, no GPU envy

But POE is like orb stash, mirrored gear, flavour of the month build,
Point packs, MTX, buying from the RMT guild,
We don't care, we're killing Atziri in our dreams.
But everybody's like Buzzsaw, Crit Chance, Loath Bane on your low life.
Kiwi Pet, hideouts, 500k+ DPS.
We don't care, we aren't playing your endgame love affair.

But we'll never get spoils (spoils).
The passive tree looks too hard,
That shavs just ain't for us.
We have RNG and drops that suck.
Instead I'll be your veiwer (veiwer),
You can link me to your stream
Then Chris will nerf, will nerf, will nerf, will nerf...
Your OP build is fantasy...

Pure gold, Jerry, pure gold!
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
too hardcore and caters way to much for the hardcore nerd market.

No room for noobs like myself.

Graphics and artwork looks great in this game I must hand it to them. But just not for me I have no idea where to go and what to do and how to even get those builds and do the things those guys on youtube does

I am beyond lost in this game. I tried since beta to play this game coming back every year but to no avail its just too hard

I know the devs made it clear they don't care about noobs and they never made this game to cater to a wide audience and they only made it to cater to old school hardcore arpg veterans but I return every year just in case they changed their mind.

Hi Trini,
I read all the posts, and I would like to point out one more thing, some POE streamer have pretty fancy builds that can be hard to understand as a new player. One streamer who actually shares a lot of noob frendly builds is ZiggyD, if you find a basic build from him it should help you.

I would also not advise doing a cast on crit as your first build, it can be tricky for a new player.

POE caters to both the casual and the hardcore, you should just not expect to play a fancy build without the dedication of a hard core player.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
too hardcore and caters way to much for the hardcore nerd market.

we are all hardcore nerd

/thread.
"
Dreamer000 wrote:
This game is actually not that hardcore. Both my parents play it. My mother is 57 and is useless when it comes to making a build. Yet she has several hardcore characters that died around lvl 40-50. My father is 69, and is a complete compruter illiterate, barely knows how to open the computer :P Yet he has a lvl 74 character in standard. Legend has it that his death count is in the 4 digits lol.

Video, please.
This is not a game you can just drop in and begin having fun with no knowledge. The amount of info you have about game mechanic, the more fun you will have as you can come up with your own build and play it.

Knowledge abt how gems interacts and the passive skill tree give you a better idea of wat you can do with ur build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info