Game looks great on youtube but I will never be able to play it

I have to ask the OP. How old are you? I am not asking to be a dick, and make fun of you for your answer.

I am wondering if you grew up on punishing Nintendo games. Nintendo games all have one thing in common. They are all hardcore. Game Over meant just that, starting over. You had to learn all the patterns and movements of everything you came across to make it to the end. For most people that grew up on games like that newer games feel too easy. Failure is always an option when it brings you right back to the last checkpoint. That's why we love POE.

I am not going to hurl insults, or say "Learn to play" because clearly you have tried, you keep coming back. Maybe this game isn't right game for you, not because it's designed for hardcore, but because it has a steeper learning curve than most ARPGs. Some of the other comments suggest other games to try. If you find them easier, and start to understand the genre maybe one day you will come back and find you appreciate all the things that feel overwhelming now.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
for your information I am 28 years old and doing a Bsc in Computer Engineering. But I can't get this game I usually play counter Strike GO

I will have to try TL2 I suppose.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Aug 26, 2014, 4:39:15 PM
theres no reason why you shouldn't be able to understand this game. You cant go into it expecting to know everything but you don't need to know everything. The fun of this game is learning new shit and trying new things. Just start playing and you'll begin to understand it. Right now your quitting before you even start trying.
I tried to quit but cant

I seem to be enjoying it more now, not sure why. It gets a lot better as you level up

This game is actually not that hardcore. Both my parents play it. My mother is 57 and is useless when it comes to making a build. Yet she has several hardcore characters that died around lvl 40-50. My father is 69, and is a complete compruter illiterate, barely knows how to open the computer :P Yet he has a lvl 74 character in standard. Legend has it that his death count is in the 4 digits lol.

And the game does cater a bit to the casuals, the devs have made many efforts to make it more casual friendly over the years. Noticable example of this are the small tutorial windows they implemented last big patch, and the fact that your character initially has a choice between 2 passive slots in the tree when he hits his firts level, rather than 5!

Maybe its your expectations that are too high. You look at builds on youtube. Do you expect to do the same thing they do, and be as good as they are? If so, then your expectations are too high. This game does not hold your hand and walk you through the story, with mechanics naturally leveling your character, untill its climactic end where you defeat the boss in an orgy of flashy explosions, like what happends by itself in most other games. What you see on youtube is not the natural, normal end of the game that everyone always reaches. Its the real hardcore no-lifers, the professionals. You dont need to do as good to have fun, beat the game, and massacre legions of monsters :)
Last edited by Dreamer000 on Aug 26, 2014, 5:24:25 PM
Deleted
Last edited by Venix212 on Aug 26, 2014, 9:20:17 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
I tried to quit but cant

I seem to be enjoying it more now, not sure why. It gets a lot better as you level up

try to hold up a bit till hit lvl 65 on merciless
that where the real fun begins
"
Hyaon wrote:
I play on average 3 hours a day. Is that HC?

I beat you by 30 mins sir :D

I'm hardercore than you?
I need more purple titles
"
Xalmaren wrote:
I have to ask the OP. How old are you? I am not asking to be a dick, and make fun of you for your answer.

I am wondering if you grew up on punishing Nintendo games. Nintendo games all have one thing in common. They are all hardcore. Game Over meant just that, starting over. You had to learn all the patterns and movements of everything you came across to make it to the end. For most people that grew up on games like that newer games feel too easy. Failure is always an option when it brings you right back to the last checkpoint. That's why we love POE.

I am not going to hurl insults, or say "Learn to play" because clearly you have tried, you keep coming back. Maybe this game isn't right game for you, not because it's designed for hardcore, but because it has a steeper learning curve than most ARPGs. Some of the other comments suggest other games to try. If you find them easier, and start to understand the genre maybe one day you will come back and find you appreciate all the things that feel overwhelming now.

Wario Land ftw. Never die or see a game over just lose some coins. :)
"
leftyZX wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
I tried to quit but cant

try to hold up a bit till hit lvl 65 on merciless
that where the real fun begins

I see

Ok I shall make that my new goal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info