Game looks great on youtube but I will never be able to play it

too hardcore and caters way to much for the hardcore nerd market.

No room for noobs like myself.

Graphics and artwork looks great in this game I must hand it to them. But just not for me I have no idea where to go and what to do and how to even get those builds and do the things those guys on youtube does

I am beyond lost in this game. I tried since beta to play this game coming back every year but to no avail its just too hard

I know the devs made it clear they don't care about noobs and they never made this game to cater to a wide audience and they only made it to cater to old school hardcore arpg veterans but I return every year just in case they changed their mind.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Aug 26, 2014, 3:58:00 PM
They wont change their mind, thank god.
There are a lot of casual games on the market. Its nice to have a rare game where you have to do more than just press x to win.
Frankly have you considered that maybe the whole genre isnt for you?
I mean... playing since beta and you still dont have a clue... I think the problem is indeed with you.
Oblivious
Thank god its not what you want it to be, I wouldn't be here. I hear TL2 is a little more accessible, maybe you could try that.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Your unwillingness to take the time to learn it is the only thing holding you back. There's nothing wrong with that but it has nothing to do with you not being a hardcore arpg veteran. If they catered the game to people like you, it would not be worth playing.
I agree with the above post. TL2 is a great game for entry-level ARPG players. PoE is NOT an easy game to get into. The major concepts that the developers used to form the game (skill gems, passive tree) are simply too complicated for a completely new player to understand without prior knowledge. That being said, it is well worth it to learn how to play because it IS a very fun game.
I play on average 3 hours a day. Is that HC?
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
"
TriniGamer wrote:

Graphics and artwork looks great in this game I must hand it to them. But just not for me I have no idea where to go and what to do and how to even get those builds and do the things those guys on youtube does

I am beyond lost in this game. I tried since beta to play this game coming back every year but to no avail its just too hard

I know the devs made it clear they don't care about noobs and they never made this game to cater to a wide audience and they only made it to cater to old school hardcore arpg veterans but I return every year just in case they changed their mind.

This post is stupid.

Sorry be being blunt.

I am as casual as they get but I manage to love this game. I play for maybe.... 10 hours a week? Maybe longer when kids are in school and managed to learn the game and learn builds. I currently have three powerful and fun characters. Am I hardcore? No. Do I have the best gear and most currency? No. Do I have fun? Absolutely.

GGG HAS made a game that is new player friendly. Sounds to me you are too lazy to learn it.

Not sure why but your post really aggravates me.

"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
TriniGamer wrote:

It's starting to sound like GGG paid you to say this. :p
"
txfirefighter wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:

This post is stupid.

Sorry be being blunt.

I am as casual as they get but I manage to love this game. I play for maybe.... 10 hours a week? Maybe longer when kids are in school and managed to learn the game and learn builds. I currently have three powerful and fun characters. Am I hardcore? No. Do I have the best gear and most currency? No. Do I have fun? Absolutely.

GGG HAS made a game that is new player friendly. Sounds to me you are too lazy to learn it.

Not sure why but your post really aggravates me.

he haven't taste Dark Soul's yet.....
For some reason, I have Lorde - Royals stuck in my head... stupid VMAs

Spoils
______

I've never played an MMO,
I cut my teeth with online FPS that play like movies
And I'm not proud of my nerdiness,
No beefed up rig, no GPU envy

But POE is like orb stash, mirrored gear, flavour of the month build,
Point packs, MTX, buying from the RMT guild,
We don't care, we're killing Atziri in our dreams.
But everybody's like Buzzsaw, Crit Chance, Loath Bane on your low life.
Kiwi Pet, hideouts, 500k+ DPS.
We don't care, we aren't playing your endgame love affair.

But we'll never get spoils (spoils).
The passive tree looks too hard,
That shavs just ain't for us.
We have RNG and drops that suck.
Instead I'll be your veiwer (veiwer),
You can link me to your stream
Then Chris will nerf, will nerf, will nerf, will nerf...
Your OP build is fantasy...
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info