[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE]The Ultimate Beginners Build: The Double Searing Bro Totem[HC/SC Viable]

How does this build work while in a party? just curious if it's better for solo, or can be useful in a team environment.

By the way, I loved your carpet bomber witch build!
"
spartacus0011 wrote:
How does this build work while in a party? just curious if it's better for solo, or can be useful in a team environment.

Hello,

I don''t run this build specifically though I am a searing bond user and I have to say Searing Bond works better in a non-party format.
Why? Monsters get huge HP boosts in party, especially in Merciless, which really slows us down as our damage is considered a DoT and does a fixed rate of damage (ie: no procs, crits, rng gods). We still do very good damage but the fight is almost over by the time you set down your totems on most trash mobs/weak packs.

Solo-wise, I can easily run all of merciless and 66+ maps (didn't try higher ones yet) and everything simply melts in under five seconds if they happen to be a boss or something, lol.

So, in a party, you're the slowest and odds you'll only really shine during drawn out fights with your massive and constant AoE, double/triple curse, and Elemental Equilibrium.

I do about 4.6k searing bond damage without accounting EE and my curses.
Lightning Warp totems bounce around the screen and spread the bond about while I stay back and curse.
Elemental Weakness, Flammability, and... Vulnerability(I think that's the one that increases Damage over Time danage).
However, I personally am a tad squishier as my build uses Soul Mantle for the third totem which does little to improve my HP though the curses it inflicts on yourself are really negligeable for the most part.

Pro-Tip - Gemcutter Prisms are very important for this build. They increase Totem HP which makes the difference between them staying up or getting bbbulldozed over against "spam" bosses.
"
demanicus wrote:
"
spartacus0011 wrote:

Hello,

I don''t run this build specifically though I am a searing bond user and I have to say Searing Bond works better in a non-party format.
Why? Monsters get huge HP boosts in party, especially in Merciless, which really slows us down as our damage is considered a DoT and does a fixed rate of damage (ie: no procs, crits, rng gods). We still do very good damage but the fight is almost over by the time you set down your totems on most trash mobs/weak packs.

Solo-wise, I can easily run all of merciless and 66+ maps (didn't try higher ones yet) and everything simply melts in under five seconds if they happen to be a boss or something, lol.

So, in a party, you're the slowest and odds you'll only really shine during drawn out fights with your massive and constant AoE, double/triple curse, and Elemental Equilibrium.

I do about 4.6k searing bond damage without accounting EE and my curses.
Lightning Warp totems bounce around the screen and spread the bond about while I stay back and curse.
Elemental Weakness, Flammability, and... Vulnerability(I think that's the one that increases Damage over Time danage).
However, I personally am a tad squishier as my build uses Soul Mantle for the third totem which does little to improve my HP though the curses it inflicts on yourself are really negligeable for the most part.

Pro-Tip - Gemcutter Prisms are very important for this build. They increase Totem HP which makes the difference between them staying up or getting bbbulldozed over against "spam" bosses.

That is some nice feedback you gave here Demanicus. Thank you for taking your time!

I agree Searing Bond is best in a solo environment, it is still viable though in groups :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hey man, great build you got there!
I read on the wiki that even though Ancestral Bond says that you can't deal damage with your own spells, you can still hit. So, can a normal Ice Nova linked to Curse on Hit proc EE and the curses?
I'm not on my house now so I can't test it...
Testing this baby out in beyond!

Started leveling today made a small vid with some tips;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPsg3K-_rro

Anyway can't wait to see how this turn out and if I die or not :)
Last edited by sklipnoty on Sep 19, 2014, 6:23:00 PM
i love this build, now im working to take the staff, but idk, im no so much tanky,
this are my stuff:
Spoiler

and this my passive skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbEMwSaRRNFSAXHBo4Gmwi4iftKU8qEypNK7YspyzpNZI8LT8nRtdH4kp9SsRKyFnzWitbr13GYG1khGegbBZuqnF5cql4aYKbgziHGYd2i4yMRpAKkFWdgJ2uogCj8qQ5p4SsqrUEtfK3PsAaxPbGrtCB2L3dDd3z4XPkIuoY7DjtIPAf9q73MviT-Ov8S_zF_go=

ps: ice snap isnt better then ice nova?
Skip this build, and totems/ Templars in general. This build, even when I specced into more fire dmg nodes, simply doesn't do any dmg. However, I don't take a lot of dmg, and can tank, but... it takes 5-10 as long to kill mobs as an arc witch or tornado shot build.

Until they revamp Templar nodes, avoid this build like the plague.
"
Skip this build, and totems/ Templars in general. This build, even when I specced into more fire dmg nodes, simply doesn't do any dmg. However, I don't take a lot of dmg, and can tank, but... it takes 5-10 as long to kill mobs as an arc witch or tornado shot build.

Until they revamp Templar nodes, avoid this build like the plague.

Not only is your comment wrong Kanossa, it is also misleading to new people.

If you take a look at my video you will see that this build deals plenty of damage, even to level 73 and 74 map bosses.

:)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Sep 21, 2014, 7:42:57 PM
"
bakakyo wrote:
Hey man, great build you got there!
I read on the wiki that even though Ancestral Bond says that you can't deal damage with your own spells, you can still hit. So, can a normal Ice Nova linked to Curse on Hit proc EE and the curses?
I'm not on my house now so I can't test it...

Thank you Bakakyo.

I am pretty sure you can't do that as the ice nova attack would have to inflict some kind of damage to trigger EE.

You can however use an ice-nova trap setup like I showed in the video :)
"
sklipnoty wrote:
Testing this baby out in beyond!

Started leveling today made a small vid with some tips;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPsg3K-_rro

Anyway can't wait to see how this turn out and if I die or not :)

Good job mate. Let me know how it goes :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info