[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE]The Ultimate Beginners Build: The Double Searing Bro Totem[HC/SC Viable]

Thanks wanted to ask though does chaos dmg effect searing bond? and can empowerment hit rank 4 with boost on gear or it stays 3 no matter what? Also I understand why cast when dmg taken is kept at a low lvl but why is enduring cry and immortal call also? whats the reason behind it?

Last edited by RexZShadow on Jan 11, 2015, 7:23:11 PM
"
RexZShadow wrote:
Thanks wanted to ask though does chaos dmg effect searing bond? and can empowerment hit rank 4 with boost on gear or it stays 3 no matter what? Also I understand why cast when dmg taken is kept at a low lvl but why is enduring cry and immortal call also? whats the reason behind it?

Chaos damage does not influence the damage of searing bond.

If enduring cry and immortal call exceeds the level breakpoint of cwdt, they wont be able to proc, that is why :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
RexZShadow - thanks for the advice. To answer your question, some of gems I'm using are simply there to level them up as I don't have anything better to put there at the moment. Should have mentioned that.

BTW, the faster casting does increase the speed of my totems appearing (according to the tooltip) and that really helps. Though, if I had something that added to damage I would use it there instead.
Last edited by MARKRAND on Jan 16, 2015, 11:02:09 PM
Based on the advice in this thread I just did my first trade and it was for a Searing Touch. I got this for 1 Exalted.

How'd I do? I don't know much about prices but it seemed more than fair to me.

BTW, for others who haven't traded, it wasn't hard once I figured out one thing. Since I don't play that often it was nearly impossible for me to connect with someone selling the item when we were both online. I discovered that poe.trade has an option to search only for items from people who are online right now. I found several Searing Touches available and was able to do an immediate deal with the first person I messaged.
"
MARKRAND wrote:
Based on the advice in this thread I just did my first trade and it was for a Searing Touch. I got this for 1 Exalted.

How'd I do? I don't know much about prices but it seemed more than fair to me.

BTW, for others who haven't traded, it wasn't hard once I figured out one thing. Since I don't play that often it was nearly impossible for me to connect with someone selling the item when we were both online. I discovered that poe.trade has an option to search only for items from people who are online right now. I found several Searing Touches available and was able to do an immediate deal with the first person I messaged.

You did pretty well mate. A decent price. Congrats :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
ty for the guide till now i hit 78 and i love this build :)

i am doing allmost 7k dps

here is what i have for now

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
IGN : DEDOROGA
Funny Story, I got a searing touch and noticed no damage increase and was saddened and confused at the same time. Then just last night I realized that when i swapped gems into the searing touch my other quality searing bond I was leveling was put into the old button location. Now I'm melting through stuff like a hot knife through butter (literally doubled my damage). Also explains why I didn't feel like my Item Rarity gem wasn't doing anything...
BEST GOOD TEMPLAR BUILD :)

my templar stats
http://imgur.com/sXGnzWi&A3X7aLU#0

deals 7.8k dps :)
http://imgur.com/sXGnzWi&A3X7aLU#1
Last edited by magaslt on Feb 28, 2015, 5:47:15 AM
Hey LiftingNerdBro, just wanted to say that I'm fairly new to path of exile and tried your build as a first go and am totally loving it! I'm nearing level 60 and have a few questions for you about the setup:

1. In the guide you state "For additional defences we incorporate Cast When Damage Taken linked with Enduring Cry, Immortal Call and Increased Duration." But When I go look at the gems in the equipment, you're running Molten shell, enduring cry and enfeeble? So i'm wondering why the discrepancy, and which setup is better overall for survivability?

2. As I'm fairly noobish as stated above, I know that CWDT can only support certain level skills. At my level (58, Merciless act 2) what level would you recommend my CWDT, and any gems linked to it be?

3. I'm thinking of grabbing a couple pyre rings to help boost damage. If I understand correctly though, doing this will make ice nova traps useless :(. Is there anything I can replace this skill set with to still be able to activate EE.

Thanks!
Hey, i'm the guy who wrote on Reddit. So basically this is my stuff right now. I'm missing out on Lighting Resistance a bit, but right now i have the flask. Also i don't have any added fire damage on my stuff. But i hope the rest of the gear is pretty decent.

Last edited by AFKGecko on Mar 16, 2015, 8:48:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info