[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE]The Ultimate Beginners Build: The Double Searing Bro Totem[HC/SC Viable]

THE BUILD IS NOW UPDATED FOR THE NEW PATCH 1.3 !

Check out my 1.3 video-guide. This video will explain the details and help you get a better understanding of how this character works as well as showing in-game footage of how the build performs.

NOTE: If you watched the previous 1.2 video build-guide, then simply skip to the part where I cover the skill-tree progression in the new video.

The video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdB-tcxw-Mg&list=UU8tUILPcQ2y58pbumazRayA

What's up my exiles!?
This is my official thread for my "The Double Searing Bro Totem" build. In this thread I will cover the most basic requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation on how the build works and needs to be set up, check out the link to my video-guide above.

This build is incredibly solid compared to the currency you have to invest into it. Searing Bond is one of those skills that scales so well with just more levels. To begin with it requires nothing more than being linked with Increased Burning Damage to start doing lots of damage.

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. This build is designed for beginners to Path of Exile. It is very cheap, simple and effective. This build is able to effectively farm Piety and Dominus and doing end-game maps.

2. Players who seek a simple and easy build to understand and play.

3. Fans of "Lasers"

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Build mechanic introductions:

In short this build utilizes iron-reflexes, a CWDT/Immortal Call setup, smart use of flasks and auras. The finished build has a total of 160% increased total maximum life and an additional 1% extra fire resistance. That combined with mobs typically attacking your totems makes us very tanky and safe - as long as you use your head when playing.

This build further utilizes the power of the Elemental Equilibrium keystone(see explantion in the video) to make our searing bond deal even more damage.

Since we are using totems as our primary way of killing reflect damage is never a problem.

Skill-gems and setups?:

For your main attack you will be using Searing Bond linked with Increased Burning Damage, Blood Magic and Increased Rarity.

To trigger Elemental Equilibrium we are using Ice Nova linked with Trap, Multitraps and Increased Area of Effect

For additional defences we incorporate Cast When Damage Taken linked with Enduring Cry, Immortal Call and Increased Duration.

For farming level 70-74 maps I have found that I prefer my CWDT to be leveled as such. CWDT level 10, Enduring Cry level 11, Immortal Call 10, and Increased Duration 20+.

For lower level content such as Piety farming I prefer CWDT at level 4, Enduring Cry at level 7, Immortal Call level 5 and Increased Duration at level 20+

For auras we will be running Vitality/Purity of Elements and Grace linked with Reduced Mana.

For extra mobility we are using Lightning Warp linked with Faster Casting and Blood Magic.

Our curse of choice is Flammability, and for lack of more space I have linked it together with my auras and Reduced Mana skill-gems.

Passive Skill-tree:

Leveling skill-tree, 27 points:
http://poeurl.com/y8oYCQq

Leveling skill-tree, 45 points:
http://poeurl.com/y8oYKLS

Leveling skill-tree, 78 points:
http://poeurl.com/y8oYZoT

Finished build 115 points:
http://poeurl.com/y8oY8M3

Bandit Quest Rewards
- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point
- Merciless: Kill them all for 1 extra skill point

Gearing and stat priorities

When you are resistance capped, this is the stats you should aim for

For defence: (Number 1 being the most important and number 5 the least important)

1. Life
2. Armor/Evasion
3. Strength
4. Chaos resistance

For offence:

1. Increased Burn damage
2. Increased fire and/or elemental damage
3. Increased Cast Speed

This is my current gear:

Awesome, but not required uniques that greatly benefits this build:

Weapon: The Searing Touch

Spoiler

Helmet: Alpha's Howl

Spoiler

Body armor: Belly of the Beast (Will make you super tanky!

Spoiler

Boots: Atziri's Step
Spoiler

None of these uniques are required, but they can greatly increase the power of the build if you are willing to invest the time and currency

This is of course no longer "cheap gear". Unfortunately I don't have the bare minimum gear that got me to end-game maps any more. Suffice to say it didn't cost me more than about 10-15 chaos orbs. The gear you see here has cost a lot more.

The above information serves as a rough guideline to get you started with the build. I recommend watching my video-guide, especially if you are new to the game, in the video I will explain some of the skills and how they work and how you should spend your skill points while leveling.

The video-guide can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdB-tcxw-Mg&list=UU8tUILPcQ2y58pbumazRayA

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Anyway, thank you for reading guys. I'll see you for my next beginners guide!

Stay safe!

Kind Regards
Lifting
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 12, 2014, 11:45:17 AM
By the way. If you notice any typos or anything that looks odd, please let me know and I will correct it asap :)
Adding a list of recommended uniques tomorrow or the day after tomorrow :)
Looks great, definitely going to try it out!
Nice spell damage on the touch dude......, I only got 37% on mine:(, but the +2 to Fire Gems is an ... OMG moment :)

For the cost, Searing touch will set you back around 2EX alone.
Last edited by iamnotspock on Aug 26, 2014, 7:15:39 AM
"
HD4K wrote:
Looks great, definitely going to try it out!

I am glad to hear that mate, let me know how it goes!? :)
"
iamnotspock wrote:
Nice spell damage on the touch dude......, I only got 37% on mine:(, but the +2 to Fire Gems is an ... OMG moment :)

For the cost, Searing touch will set you back around 2EX alone.

Yea I originally bought that staff for a flameblast ignite build so the spell damage was important to have for that as well :)

I have seen The Searing Touch as low as 7-10 chaos orbs with a low roll of spell damage, so it shouldn't be too hard to obtain for this build :)
Adding uniques later tonight :)
"
Adding uniques later tonight :)

A few unique items have been added to the build. This items are recommended and fits nicely for the build if you want to invest the currency it requires to get them :)
thanks for the guide, I just have a question about DEX for the grace / trap / multiple traps. I see grace needs 136 dex on your gear? I don't understand how you support all of these and I see no dex nodes taken? Maybe I'm blind.. what level do you keep grace / trap / multiple traps at?

edit: I see the dex nodes in the 81 point tree you linked. What level do you go for these / IR?
Last edited by thewolp on Aug 30, 2014, 2:46:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info