[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE]The Ultimate Beginners Build: The Double Searing Bro Totem[HC/SC Viable]

"
That is completely fine. I didn't get a Searing Touch until about level 70 :)

Wouldn't a mace with increased fire skills lvls + added fire damage be what you are looking for? Spell damage doesn't scale searing bond right?

Also what is your dps? My tooltip is currently 6612 with a lvl 21 searing bond and lvl 69 toon. You mentioned that the tooltip isn't reliable if I remember correctly.

These are the maces I'm using currently (the second mace is for the added fire - not the added spell damage).

Thanks for the fun build!
Last edited by ViceCityMayor on Dec 30, 2014, 11:09:35 PM
"
ViceCityMayor wrote:
"
That is completely fine. I didn't get a Searing Touch until about level 70 :)

Wouldn't a mace with increased fire skills lvls + added fire damage be what you are looking for? Spell damage doesn't scale searing bond right?

Also what is your dps? My tooltip is currently 6612 with a lvl 21 searing bond and lvl 69 toon. You mentioned that the tooltip isn't reliable if I remember correctly.

These are the maces I'm using currently (the second mace is for the added fire - not the added spell damage).

Thanks for the fun build!

That can definitely work as well, but I prefer Searing Touch because of the 70% increased burning damage and 50% increased fire damage. Spell damage doesn't work as you say though.

My tool-tip dps is around 8k if I remember correctly :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
for max damage a +2 fire +1 all gems scepter with empower, even a level 1, will outperform a searing touch.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
for max damage a +2 fire +1 all gems scepter with empower, even a level 1, will outperform a searing touch.

I haven't tested this, but I would assume that a Searing Touch with 50% increased fire damage and the 70% increased burning damage + empower would be much stronger. I can be wrong though of course.
+2/+1 is by far greater. I tested both and adding in the empower even at level 1 provides higher damage. And since empower can gain levels, level 2 being easily attainable, it surpasses Searing Touch by quite a bit. I am pushing about 12.5K tool tip without my pyre rings using a +2/+1 with a level 2 empower. About 1.2k or so less if the empower gem was level 1.

Not the best +2/+1 by far but its what I use
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 3, 2015, 8:30:08 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
+2/+1 is by far greater. I tested both and adding in the empower even at level 1 provides higher damage. And since empower can gain levels, level 2 being easily attainable, it surpasses Searing Touch by quite a bit. I am pushing about 12.5K tool tip without my pyre rings using a +2/+1 with a level 2 empower. About 1.2k or so less if the empower gem was level 1.

Not the best +2/+1 by far but its what I use

That is good to know man, thank you for sharing! :)
I want to ask does added chaos dmg work on searing bond? and with the talk of having +1/+2 being better than searing touch I was thinking a staff still for the extra sockets and have searing bond, burning dmg, chaos dmg, empowerment, item rarity. Also how important is blood magic?

Thanks for the great guide =D
Lifting,

Thanks for the great guide. I've really enjoyed playing this cool build up to Level 64 but now I'm kind of stuck. I'm hoping you or someone else can help me get this build back on track. The last couple levels have been increasingly hard and just now it was time to do Piety in Merciless and she kicked my ass. I only managed to eventually kill her by dying and coming back a dozen times.

This is my first character and I'm not very experienced. I've been self-found only and my gear isn't very good. RNG has not been my friend.

My Searing Bond is doing 4720 dps. Lvl: 64 Life: 2423 Arm: 1659 Str: 268 Int: 155 Dex: 82. My resists are all 75% except for Chaos at -60%.

Passive skill tree build

I did the skill tree following your 1.3 video with only one substantial variation. I skipped the trip down to Iron Reflexes and kept going with your later recommendations. I haven't taken EE yet but now have Lightning Trap and Chain and am leveling them in my alt-hand to prepare. My play style has been solo, exclusively SB backed by Fire Traps with Ele Weakness and Flam. I use some minions to help keep crowds off me but they don't help for bosses. Also, it's probably useful to admit I don't get a lot of play time and when I do I'm not super fast or skillful (just being brutally honest). I've never crafted, though I just started reading to learn about it.

First Question: I have the two skill points from Piety to spend. Where should I put them?

Second Question: It's going to take me roughly forever to get more skill points in my current condition but I have a bunch of respecs I could use and I could start trading for gear (note: never traded before, so should start simple). What should I do to get through Dominus and get back on track for end game? I really appreciate any advice.

Currency: Being a newbie I don't have a lot to work with (just to keep trading suggestions realistic): 1 Exa, 12 Chaos, 2 Regal, 2 Blessed, 12 Alch, 19 Fus plus a bunch of Chromes and Alts.
Last edited by MARKRAND on Jan 11, 2015, 12:50:04 AM
I'm pretty new but can give you some advice, first that staff is really really bad, there is almost no point in having it. You want to switch to a staff that give you +2 fire gem or +1 skill gem or both but those are hard to come by for more dmg. If not pick up a scepter (same thing with staff) and a def shield for the extra suriviability.

Since your dying a lot next you need to upgrade that boot, its way too weak get a higher def or def/eva one. Just remember if your picking up eva on gear pick up iron reflex it will help a lot. If want to live than you need to loss those item rarity for better defensive gear so you take less dmg.

Next your skill gem set up, why is vaal lighten warp linked with fire trap and increase burning dmg? why is multitrap by itself? remember support gem don't do shit unless its linked to the gem. So you want to 3 link fire trap, increase burn dmg, and mutli trap. Also with your current staff it already add trap to skill on it so you can run ice nova, mutli trap on that staff and use EE if you like but I still suggest you switch weapon out for 1h and shield if you dying too much.

Then your missing all the aura the build uses, look at the first page and see his gear and see his gem set up thats what you want to aim for. On his chest you see he running vitality (give you more hp regan) and grace (which give you eva which change to armor with iron reflex other reason to pick it up)

Finally your missing the def set up he has on his boots for when you take too much dmg. which is "For additional defences we incorporate Cast When Damage Taken linked with Enduring Cry, Immortal Call and Increased Duration."
This keep you alive during o shit moments, make sure you have enduring cry placed before immortal call.

Also the elemental weakness is pointless, you can only have 1 curse on enemy at a time and flammability is way better for pure fire dmg. And if you really want to boost your dmg try to buy a searing touch, think you should have enough currency to buy one that will boost your dmg greatly.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Forgot 2 more thing, one faster casting doesn't help searing bond, put it on lighten warp and get a normal one. Two if you want summon to help be fodder use skeleton as you can keep summoning them w/o dead bodies. You can put something like summon skeleton, faster caster, spell echo and that let you summon 4 really really fast.
Last edited by RexZShadow on Jan 11, 2015, 3:13:28 PM
"
RexZShadow wrote:
I'm pretty new but can give you some advice, first that staff is really really bad, there is almost no point in having it. You want to switch to a staff that give you +2 fire gem or +1 skill gem or both but those are hard to come by for more dmg. If not pick up a scepter (same thing with staff) and a def shield for the extra suriviability.

Since your dying a lot next you need to upgrade that boot, its way too weak get a higher def or def/eva one. Just remember if your picking up eva on gear pick up iron reflex it will help a lot. If want to live than you need to loss those item rarity for better defensive gear so you take less dmg.

Next your skill gem set up, why is vaal lighten warp linked with fire trap and increase burning dmg? why is multitrap by itself? remember support gem don't do shit unless its linked to the gem. So you want to 3 link fire trap, increase burn dmg, and mutli trap. Also with your current staff it already add trap to skill on it so you can run ice nova, mutli trap on that staff and use EE if you like but I still suggest you switch weapon out for 1h and shield if you dying too much.

Then your missing all the aura the build uses, look at the first page and see his gear and see his gem set up thats what you want to aim for. On his chest you see he running vitality (give you more hp regan) and grace (which give you eva which change to armor with iron reflex other reason to pick it up)

Finally your missing the def set up he has on his boots for when you take too much dmg. which is "For additional defences we incorporate Cast When Damage Taken linked with Enduring Cry, Immortal Call and Increased Duration."
This keep you alive during o shit moments, make sure you have enduring cry placed before immortal call.

Also the elemental weakness is pointless, you can only have 1 curse on enemy at a time and flammability is way better for pure fire dmg. And if you really want to boost your dmg try to buy a searing touch, think you should have enough currency to buy one that will boost your dmg greatly.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Forgot 2 more thing, one faster casting doesn't help searing bond, put it on lighten warp and get a normal one. Two if you want summon to help be fodder use skeleton as you can keep summoning them w/o dead bodies. You can put something like summon skeleton, faster caster, spell echo and that let you summon 4 really really fast.

Thank you for stepping in for me Rex, good advice :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info