[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE]The Ultimate Beginners Build: The Double Searing Bro Totem[HC/SC Viable]

"
feffe2611 wrote:
i love this build, now im working to take the staff, but idk, im no so much tanky,
this are my stuff:
Spoiler

and this my passive skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbEMwSaRRNFSAXHBo4Gmwi4iftKU8qEypNK7YspyzpNZI8LT8nRtdH4kp9SsRKyFnzWitbr13GYG1khGegbBZuqnF5cql4aYKbgziHGYd2i4yMRpAKkFWdgJ2uogCj8qQ5p4SsqrUEtfK3PsAaxPbGrtCB2L3dDd3z4XPkIuoY7DjtIPAf9q73MviT-Ov8S_zF_go=

ps: ice snap isnt better then ice nova?

Dude you need WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more life on your gear. Most of your gear does not even have life on it. If you read the guide you will see that the number 1 priority for your gear should be to have life on it :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hi There, me again.

Just posting again to say that that my character is still trucking along in Beyond league and having a very easy time of it using this build.

I've swapped some gear around and have achieved over 11k DPS while being comfortably overcapped on resistances (except chaos). Map bosses drop like flies, and because i have a double CWDT setup going there isnt much that can insta-gib me at the moment (running 69-71 maps).

Looking to hopefully get 12k dps from this once my empower gem levels up.

Edit:

Instead of Searing touch (which i used for a long time while leveling) I have instead opted for a one hand + shield combo for added defences, and to be honest the damage decreased is barely noticeable due to the the +1 gems +2 fire gems.

Its not the ideal one-hander weapon, as a sceptre would be more beneficial since searing bond would work from the implicit, but i got this at a really cheap price.
Last edited by tdr3d on Sep 22, 2014, 2:32:19 PM
"
tdr3d wrote:
Hi There, me again.

Just posting again to say that that my character is still trucking along in Beyond league and having a very easy time of it using this build.

I've swapped some gear around and have achieved over 11k DPS while being comfortably overcapped on resistances (except chaos). Map bosses drop like flies, and because i have a double CWDT setup going there isnt much that can insta-gib me at the moment (running 69-71 maps).

Looking to hopefully get 12k dps from this once my empower gem levels up.

Edit:

Instead of Searing touch (which i used for a long time while leveling) I have instead opted for a one hand + shield combo for added defences, and to be honest the damage decreased is barely noticeable due to the the +1 gems +2 fire gems.

Its not the ideal one-hander weapon, as a sceptre would be more beneficial since searing bond would work from the implicit, but i got this at a really cheap price.

Very nice man! Empower makes a big difference.

Can I ask why you are using a jade flask instead of a granite? Granites are usually the better choice as they they cost less charges to use and can therefore be used more often :)
"

Can I ask why you are using a jade flask instead of a granite? Granites are usually the better choice as they they cost less charges to use and can therefore be used more often :)

Simply because I've had really shitty luck in finding them. I've found about 12 jades and 0 granites thus far, but will swap it out when I'm able to :)
"
tdr3d wrote:
"

Simply because I've had really shitty luck in finding them. I've found about 12 jades and 0 granites thus far, but will swap it out when I'm able to :)

Ahh yea ok. Making due with what we have available is the name of the game! :)
Pretty new to the game and i'm using this build at the moment.

I just found some deerskin boots and noticed it has +traps etc on it, would this be ideal for me to use with the ice nova trap setup you have?
"
V0LUM3 wrote:
Pretty new to the game and i'm using this build at the moment.

I just found some deerskin boots and noticed it has +traps etc on it, would this be ideal for me to use with the ice nova trap setup you have?

Hey man! Welcome to Wraeclast! :)

No, I am sorry but those boots will not be optimal for the build. Try to get some boots with lots of life, armor and movement speed + resistances if needed :)
Hello Bro!

Great guide over here, and extremely well presented. I really enjoy leveling this spec in Beyond - insane clear speed and easy boss fights (I use 2 pyre rings, no searing touch yet).

I have a question though - should we use blood magic gem? Character have reasonable mana regen from the tree - not hard to cast totems on mana at all.
Last edited by Stas88 on Sep 25, 2014, 3:24:43 AM
"
Stas88 wrote:
Hello Bro!

Great guide over here, and extremely well presented. I really enjoy leveling this spec in Beyond - insane clear speed and easy boss fights (I use 2 pyre rings, no searing touch yet).

I have a question though - should we use blood magic gem? Character have reasonable mana regen from the tree - not hard to cast totems on mana at all.

Hey man!

Thank you for saying so, I appreciate it! :)

I found that the blood magic gem became useful as I got into the later stages of the game (aura mana reservation etc) BUT it was by no means necessary. It should be considered as a quality of life improvement :)

Best of luck man! :)
Answering questions tomorrow guys. Good night :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info