[2.2 updated, sub 5 min lab run video] low life kinetic blast by ddddddddddddddddddddime

"
stzbttln wrote:

Yeah that's the whole point of it. With crown of eyes, modifiers to spell damage also apply to attack damage. This build is low life, you reserve just enough life to get the attack speed from blood rage. Not quite sure if you had a question about that?

I don't know if you plan on doing this build, but if you are asking these questions you probably don't have the gear to run it, so I would recommend you check out something else before investing anything into it.

Okay, so I am curious why you didn't take Pain Attunement which triggers on Low Life for the extra More Spell Damage(?). The second thing I noticed could be seen as a question, yes. Very nice build and interesting.

Ok, so thanks for clarfying and the recommendation.

edit: thanks
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Sep 27, 2014, 1:50:32 PM
"
rusher21 wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:

Yeah that's the whole point of it. With crown of eyes, modifiers to spell damage also apply to attack damage. This build is low life, you reserve just enough life to get the attack speed from blood rage. Not quite sure if you had a question about that?

I don't know if you plan on doing this build, but if you are asking these questions you probably don't have the gear to run it, so I would recommend you check out something else before investing anything into it.

Okay, so I am curious why you didn't take Pain Attunement which triggers on Low Life for the extra More Spell Damage(?). The second thing I noticed could be seen as a question, yes. Very nice build and interesting.

Ok, so thanks for claryfing and the recommendation.

Since patch 1.2, crown of eyes no longer applies the multiplicative bonus from Pain Attunement or the bonus spell damage from righteous fire. Basically anything that says "more spell damage" does not affect attacks when wearing crown of eyes. It used to be possible and was pretty damn OP, you could get insane dps.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
Are you using vitality with this version?
Nah vitality is pointless in my opinion, I'd rather have 400+ unreserved mana than like 220 with regen. I still pick up the shaper node though.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
small gearing update : added perfect shavs.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
"
stzbttln wrote:
"
fidwin wrote:
i finally got the 6l shavs in rampage now, but ofc no acuities. what do you think would be the best variant to play without those ? Do i have to go vaal pact? and is the blood magic variant even viable then without acuities?

If you don't want to ever rip to reflect I would suggest investing in vaal pact definitely. Alternatively, you could go evasion, don't take vaal pact and go for ondar's guile, and run grace on top.

how do we run blood rage with vaal pact/shav? linked blood magic gem still runs off ES and i don't see anyone with zealots oath.....
Last edited by Sh0wt3k_aus on Oct 28, 2014, 8:12:27 AM
"
Sh0wt3k_aus wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:
"
fidwin wrote:
i finally got the 6l shavs in rampage now, but ofc no acuities. what do you think would be the best variant to play without those ? Do i have to go vaal pact? and is the blood magic variant even viable then without acuities?

If you don't want to ever rip to reflect I would suggest investing in vaal pact definitely. Alternatively, you could go evasion, don't take vaal pact and go for ondar's guile, and run grace on top.

how do we run blood rage with vaal pact/shav? linked blood magic gem still runs off ES and i don't see anyone with zealots oath.....

Errr...what? Blood Magic/Enhance/Blood Rage works and casts BR out of life, giving the BM q bonus permanently. You have potions instead of using the carnage wheel that fyndel uses.
LVL 8 master service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1047720
I've been getting questions about the build recently, mostly regarding the new herald of thunder gem. If you are using blood magic, you have the choice of running 2 heralds and have a bigger life pool to cast attacks, or use 3 heralds and have less life. I personally think most people are fine with only 2 heralds, so pick whichever you prefer out of the 3 available. If you have low phys damage, consider dropping herald of ash and use ice + thunder because ash scales off of your phys.

Also wanted to say I'm running a little combo deal for the end of rampage league. I don't even know if low life builds are still popular, but in any case, the deal is you get a copy of gloom call and 2 copies of maelstrom grasp for a total of 100ex fee (bring your 3 mirrors, pretty obvious). You save 30ex this way.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
just few questions...

-how much strength makes iron grip worth??
-why isnt pain attunement worth and why??
-how much % increased physical damage is needed to be convenient instead of critical strike chance??

ty
"
mne wrote:
just few questions...

-how much strength makes iron grip worth??
-why isnt pain attunement worth and why??
-how much % increased physical damage is needed to be convenient instead of critical strike chance??

ty

Hey,

Iron Grip is never really worth it because picking up crit damage or spell damage is generally better. This build already stretches far enough to try and grab a lot of stuff, so Iron Grip is kind of a waste. We'll see next patch, maybe if it's not too far it might be worth picking up.

Pain attunement doesn't work with crown of eyes anymore since patch 1.2, so we don't pikc that node anymore.

You can't really compare phys damage with crit chance, really. Always try to cap out crit chance (95%) and then try to get as much physical damage as you can, so you can handle reflect and leech well.

I'm not sure how geared you are but I wouldn't recommend this build unless you have at least a 6 link shavs. Hope this helps.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info