[2.2 updated, sub 5 min lab run video] low life kinetic blast by ddddddddddddddddddddime

"
aGnosticc wrote:
Looks like a nice guide, but how is a 5 min lab run a benchmark for anything xD.

I mean you have like 500ex+ gear and my 2 ex build can do 5 min lab runs.

Well I uploaded that video pretty much 1 day after the expansion was released, and around that time GGG expected labyrinth runs to take 30 minutes +. GGG also mentioned in a post that the were impressed with a player running the lab under 10 minutes, so I decided to make one in half that. It was never intended to be a benchmark anyway; the lab layout changes everyday so comparisons are futile.

@Edzilla: You could try a CI version like forum user "inashestheyshallreap" has been playing, he has a guide on the scion forum as well.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
So this build has caught my eye on several occasions and once again most recently. And I've been turned off by it just as quickly due to all the Super Expensive and Mirrored Gear.

I've recently started playing PoE exclusively and playing the game at 'higher levels' getting better each league and I'm looking to take something like this on.

Unless I/someone gets crazy lucky there's not gonna be any mirrored gear in temp leagues, but in all of your opinions/experience is this viable w/o the mirrored gear and such?

Any help is appreciated.

If you have any leveling advice it is also appreciated (do you level as wander or just w/e works then respec?)

"
Grownupfun wrote:
So this build has caught my eye on several occasions and once again most recently. And I've been turned off by it just as quickly due to all the Super Expensive and Mirrored Gear.

I've recently started playing PoE exclusively and playing the game at 'higher levels' getting better each league and I'm looking to take something like this on.

Unless I/someone gets crazy lucky there's not gonna be any mirrored gear in temp leagues, but in all of your opinions/experience is this viable w/o the mirrored gear and such?

Any help is appreciated.

If you have any leveling advice it is also appreciated (do you level as wander or just w/e works then respec?)

Required items include at least a 5L shavs, a crown of eyes and a decently high pdps and crit imbued wand. Unless you can afford these items, I don't recommend trying the build.

However, if you can afford them, there is a more budget version that can be found here : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1643151. While I may not agree with the usefulness of using grace aura, the OP uses non-mirrored gear to good extent. I would recommend using life leech gem at all times though. Also, you need at least a level 85-90 character, so level with something else and then switch. Hope this helps.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
"
stzbttln wrote:

However, if you can afford them, there is a more budget version that can be found here : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1643151. While I may not agree with the usefulness of using grace aura, the OP uses non-mirrored gear to good extent. I would recommend using life leech gem at all times though.

Thanks for the referral :)

Was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on my thread. About using Grace, why do you not feel that it's useful? In particular, how do you ensure you don't die to high bursts of physical damage, like large packs of Porcupine Goliaths in an ailment-immune ++damage high level map?

I died to those several times when levelling from 97-98. Ever since I incorporated Grace they turned into a non-issue.

Also, honest question here: why do you feel the Life Leech gem is recommended? Sustain while mapping is good enough without it, it's only a marginal improvement in boss fights, and it doesn't counter oneshotting yourself to elemental reflect. So, where does it help?
"
acme_myst wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:

However, if you can afford them, there is a more budget version that can be found here : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1643151. While I may not agree with the usefulness of using grace aura, the OP uses non-mirrored gear to good extent. I would recommend using life leech gem at all times though.

Thanks for the referral :)

Was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on my thread. About using Grace, why do you not feel that it's useful? In particular, how do you ensure you don't die to high bursts of physical damage, like large packs of Porcupine Goliaths in an ailment-immune ++damage high level map?

I died to those several times when levelling from 97-98. Ever since I incorporated Grace they turned into a non-issue.

Also, honest question here: why do you feel the Life Leech gem is recommended? Sustain while mapping is good enough without it, it's only a marginal improvement in boss fights, and it doesn't counter oneshotting yourself to elemental reflect. So, where does it help?

It's a nice guide, you put a lot of effort into it and you are using a good skill tree as well.

About grace : I simply feel we don't have enough increased % evasion on the tree/gear to make grace worthwhile. In high level maps, mobs also have better accuracy, though I'm not sure if the porcupine spikes' chance to hit is based on the monsters accuracy.

There is also an interaction with reflect and poacher's mark which I am unsure of : The curse decreases the mobs evasion, thus increasing its chance to be hit. I am not sure if this also means that we are more likely to be hit by the reflected damage, as I know that it is calculated off of our accuracy and to some extent, our evasion. I know from testing that reflect maps are harder to deal with with CoH + poacher's mark, but this could simply be due to the fact that I miss fewer shots and the result is that I am reflected damage more often. Some clarification about these interactions might convince me that grace is more useful than I thought.

About life leech gem : The player will be using non-mirrored gear, so he is likely to be missing quite a bit of physical damage, which is crucial for leeching. The balance of his damage will be tilted towards elemental more-so than towards physical, so I would recommend life leech gem to make gameplay safer. It also comes from my personal preference of being used to play in poe 1.2 where we had ridiculous amounts of leech. Ever since the nerf, I have always tried getting back to as high leech as possible. My interpretation of low life attack builds has always been around having the highest damage and attack speed possible with the highest leech one can manage, and the philosophy of killing/freezing anything before it even gets close/has a chance to attack.

In the case of newer players trying this build, I would recommend a GGRRBB shavs, as those colours are fairly easy to achieve and allow to use PCOC gem for players without skyforth. For endgame players, I recommend GGGRRB.

About the setup you use for your guide, the inclusion of CWDT + IC reduces your clearspeed by quite a bit IMO without giving much more defense. Doing high level rotations without a movement skill like phase run means you probably miss out on some xp and are left behind sometimes. I would recommend having phase run - vaal haste - increased duration in either the shield or wand, as it will give you better movement speed and a 10 second vaal haste, which is easy to keep up almost permanently. You could also easily pick up the dual curse node and include a second curse in your helm, most likely assassin's mark, which would improve your DPS tremendously along with gaining power charges faster.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
this is a really nice looking build.

well i'll be a good guy and say thanks for the guide. but i have to say i believe it's worth like 600ex items you have there and showing as a guide is not cool. i'm a poor guy and looking for a nice kinetic blast build. lol
"
Chebudeeh wrote:

well i'll be a good guy and say thanks for the guide. but i have to say i believe it's worth like 600ex items you have there and showing as a guide is not cool. i'm a poor guy and looking for a nice kinetic blast build. lol

There are plenty of other guides that show what can be done with budget versions of wanders, especially since mathil has been popularizing it after discovering how good it is.

The gear displayed here is indeed expensive, much more than 600ex in fact, but the purpose is to show what kind of numbers people should be expecting to reach by investing into their gear and their character.

I would recommend that you start with a life version as those are generally cheaper to gear. Try mathil's version here at the bottom of the page : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
"
stzbttln wrote:
"
Chebudeeh wrote:

There are plenty of other guides that show what can be done with budget versions of wanders, especially since mathil has been popularizing it after discovering how good it is.

The gear displayed here is indeed expensive, much more than 600ex in fact, but the purpose is to show what kind of numbers people should be expecting to reach by investing into their gear and their character.

I would recommend that you start with a life version as those are generally cheaper to gear. Try mathil's version here at the bottom of the page : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189

thanks for the recommendation. i'll look onto it. this is my second league in the game and i'm trying to discover other skills / builds except what i played. but to be honestly what i'm seeing around is gear showcase on std ( mostly ). i don't even think i can afford anything displayed on guides in standart. because i have played talisman only to removed to standart.

i want to try some chaos conv. builds. a coc build. some looking nice spellcasters and (also what i want most ) a low life build. but there is no way i can afford even a 5l shavs ^^ mathil's one probably something that i can afford. i really wonder how people start a league with coc discharge / or low life builds. second thing that i wanna try is especially something with blood magic node so i can run 6 auras ^^

anyway as i said nice guide nice build and nice gear ^^

gl on your other builds.
Hey man, thanks for such a great guide. Probably the most tuned out of the LL wanders out there. Decided to consolidate a few big items I had leftover in Standard to have some fun as Perandus has burnt me out a little bit.

Was originally doing Deadeye, but I'm feeling that getting over to the other side of the tree to cram in Hatred is probably worth it.

Spoiler

Just got my Skyforth then in a trade, after a day or two trying to swap a legacy Windripper, and it's a pretty big change of lifestyle, haha.

Also have a Headhunter coming from Perandus as well as Shadows and Dust - I'll decide between them, Facebreakers and ES gloves when the leagues merge I guess.

I'm hurting for Accuracy though. 82% Chance to hit, christ. Guess I need to look into some rings to boost that up. I have
in my stash which could possibly do with some %ES crafting. But yeah, getting that Accuracy is damn hard whilst trying to maintain ES and Resist.

Oh and this shield coming over from Perandus, which will be very very nice.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Last edited by ElPuppet on May 3, 2016, 6:54:09 AM
Hello,
I like your guide, I'm wondering what is the lvl minimum that we need on a Scion in the idea to have your gear and use it?

Hope you will see my post
Last edited by Chuck1664 on Jul 2, 2016, 5:50:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info