[2.2 updated, sub 5 min lab run video] low life kinetic blast by ddddddddddddddddddddime

"
swib wrote:
He use GMP, so it lower the dps and reflect. The dps are mostly because attack speed.

Thing is if he can evade a little he can refill a lot. Whereas when he cant evade anything he will always drop the ES.

I think it dont matter if he cant evade a lot, just if he can, because when he can, he refill.

Just my 2 cents.

Sure, there's a big difference between 0% chance to evade and 15% chance to evade.

My only point is that the 40% increased block from Rumi's heavily outclasses any advantage evasion will give you when it comes to reflect (my understanding is that stzbttln doesn't use Rumi's co-currently with his Jade flask). Regardless of whether you would RIP with another Foe Eye ring or not, I believe dropping Jade/EV for Rumi's is better overall. The only drawback is that Rumi's would take longer to refill because of the lack of a Surgeon mod. But the entire point of this build is to kill everything you see (and can't see) so I imagine refilling Rumi's doesn't take particularly long either.

And I think I need 6% block chance for the shield :/

WTB 6 T1 Spell/%ES/Flat ES/Mana Regen/Spell Crit/Block Chance Titanium Shield lol. Wish people would stop rolling random T2s ;)
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Aug 26, 2014, 6:29:15 PM
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
swib wrote:
He use GMP, so it lower the dps and reflect. The dps are mostly because attack speed.

Thing is if he can evade a little he can refill a lot. Whereas when he cant evade anything he will always drop the ES.

I think it dont matter if he cant evade a lot, just if he can, because when he can, he refill.

Just my 2 cents.

Sure, there's a big difference between 0% chance to evade and 15% chance to evade.

My only point is that the 40% increased block from Rumi's heavily outclasses any advantage evasion will give you when it comes to reflect (my understanding is that stzbttln doesn't use Rumi's co-currently with his Jade flask). Regardless of whether you would RIP with another Foe Eye ring or not, I believe dropping Jade/EV for Rumi's is better overall. The only drawback is that Rumi's would take longer to refill because of the lack of a Surgeon mod. But the entire point of this build is to kill everything you see (and can't see) so I imagine refilling Rumi's doesn't take particularly long either.

And I think I need 6% block chance for the shield :/

WTB 6 T1 Spell/%ES/Flat ES/Mana Regen/Spell Crit/Block Chance Titanium Shield lol. Wish people would stop rolling random T2s ;)

Yes I really appreciate your point of view because it might make me change my flask set up. I will try to get a good roll rumi's and try it out. The fact that block is RNG based though means I could get a bad streak and fail to block many attacks in a row.

About the shield, why don't you go blood magic like all the cool kids are doing right now? Sticking with a CI build? Also, if you want block chance on shield, I'm guessing you will be using rumi's concoction as well. Is the jump from 70% to 75% important enough to drop a resist?
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
"
stzbttln wrote:
About the shield, why don't you go blood magic like all the cool kids are doing right now? Sticking with a CI build? Also, if you want block chance on shield, I'm guessing you will be using rumi's concoction as well. Is the jump from 70% to 75% important enough to drop a resist?

The buff to Mortal Conviction was a "last minute" change in the most recent patch. In conjunction with Chris' stance on snapshotting auras, I don't think what is currently happening with auras and blood magic is intentional (and I think it will inevitably get nerfed).

I can cap my resistances without putting it on the shield. I PvP a lot and the sword + gem block reduction makes every block % count, especially since Rumi's isn't a sustainable option in PvP.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Aug 26, 2014, 7:29:40 PM
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:

The buff to Mortal Conviction was a "last minute" change in the most recent patch. In conjunction with Chris' stance on snapshotting auras, I don't think what is currently happening with auras and blood magic is intentional (and I think it will inevitably get nerfed).

I can cap my resistances without putting it on the shield. I PvP a lot and the sword + gem block reduction makes every block % count, especially since Rumi's isn't a sustainable option in PvP.

I don't know about mortal conviction being nerfed, it's been useless for almost a year and it is finally getting some use. You still have to pick up like every aura node in the tree to make it work properly and run a decent amount of auras.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
You mirrored my shield for me so i felt like sharing what i have done which is a bit diff to your build but imo achieves the same result and can clear a little faster with HoA.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993799

build details are in there let me know what you think.
Is there a reason why most of thees builds I see are always going with Ambushers over slower dagger with higher physical, like Demon Daggers?
I understand Ambusher is very fast, but is that much speed really that much of a difference at this point? Plus with Acuity, wouldn't a higher Physical Damage Dagger that had slightly higher Crit chance also give you better return on your leech effects?
Or is the extra little bit of speed just that much of a difference?
"
tweakzero wrote:
You mirrored my shield for me so i felt like sharing what i have done which is a bit diff to your build but imo achieves the same result and can clear a little faster with HoA.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993799

build details are in there let me know what you think.

Is there any reason why you think your version does more dps? The 2 trees seem very alike, and I actually run 7 auras/buffs, with 465 life unreserved:

hatred
anger
haste
empowered discipline (lvl 26)
empowered wrath (lvl 26)
herald of ash
herald of ice

I think I forgot to mention how many auras and buffs i run in my OP, which may have led to some confusion.

From looking at your tree, I would drop the life/ES nodes and respec them into the witch ES nodes

"
Malaegys wrote:
Is there a reason why most of thees builds I see are always going with Ambushers over slower dagger with higher physical, like Demon Daggers?
I understand Ambusher is very fast, but is that much speed really that much of a difference at this point? Plus with Acuity, wouldn't a higher Physical Damage Dagger that had slightly higher Crit chance also give you better return on your leech effects?
Or is the extra little bit of speed just that much of a difference?

The speed makes a big difference because the bulk of our damage comes from elemental auras. Also, the more attacks you do, the more you crit, and you don't want to actually crit too hard since you might die to reflect, something you are edging on when you have every item best in slot. Ambushers are the best, there's no other way around it.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
Last edited by stzbttln on Aug 27, 2014, 3:33:19 PM
Ok no one said more dps. The reason I said faster clear and also the reason i didn take witch nodes was for the extra life and shield to be able to spam atks, being able to get more es and life seemed right . HoI doesn't do much for me I'd rather use a Vaal haste but the space to run it or 2x purity auras for uber is there. Just food for thought not looking to damage anyone e-ego here
Last edited by tweakzero on Aug 28, 2014, 8:25:22 AM
"
tweakzero wrote:
Ok no one said more dps. The reason I said faster clear and also the reason i didn take witch nodes was for the extra life and shield to be able to spam atks, being able to get more es and life seemed right . HoI doesn't do much for me I'd rather use a Vaal haste but the space to run it or 2x purity auras for uber is there. Just food for thought not looking to damage anyone e-ego here

I'm sorry if I came across as offensive, it wasn't my intention at all. My interrogation was when you said it can clear a little faster with herald of ash, something that I was already using. I have no ego in this I was genuinely intrigued by what you thought made it faster, since I also run herald of ash. I also use vaal haste with increased duration.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
Little update on double reflect:

I am now using my own crafted ring instead of the taming

Currently at 118k gmp dps, did a double reflect map from zana with life leech gem, and it went smoothly, same as before. That is still using my shitty evasion flask, I couldn't find a good rumi's concoction for a decent price. Never got reflected more than 1/3 of my ES.

Also, this ring gave me over 500 ES, so I'm now at 7.8k ES. I respeced 1 aura node (went from 465 life to 435 life unreserved) and used it for the normal bandit reward. Resists are 76/102/101. Had I rolled fire re son the ring, I would be at like 105/77/76, so i think all res was the right choice.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
Last edited by stzbttln on Aug 29, 2014, 2:01:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info