Pohx's Dual Shock Wave Totems Build [ Budget ] [ HC ]

How viable would it be to use something like this but stacking MF?

Particularly in softcore, so the death wouldn't particularly bother me, so I don't mind being nontanky, like this build currently is.
wich class would be the most efficient for this? scions seems to have lackluster starting, did u take scion cause it was the best in terms of getting thru hardcore or is it simply the best, or would for example a witch be better in SC where u can skip the weak scion start and take totemic zeal?
"
wich class would be the most efficient for this? scions seems to have lackluster starting, did u take scion cause it was the best in terms of getting thru hardcore or is it simply the best, or would for example a witch be better in SC where u can skip the weak scion start and take totemic zeal?
There's a spoiler at the top of the first post with alternative start points. Scion is a nice balanced start for nearly any build, but of course if you want to fully min/max and optimize the spec some classes are better than others.

Plus they have the best character portrait!
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"

scion is the best at getting all the nodes Pohx wanted without having to do crazy routing all over the tree.
the other classes can do similar but dont have the ability to go through the scion class as really the scion has so much flexibility in this build compared to others so you can change it depending on gear or what you want at end game.
hey sooo I been tryin out cirt chance and cirt dmg. gems its working alright.. 22% cirt chance 360% dmg and when it hits man do they die fast have you tested this phox? thanks
i tested crit chance and damage and they both are subpar compared to just stacking cast speed > spell damage > phys damage > ele damage (for added fire)
IGN: CritLAMETotem

Will Be Leveling Again From Scratch After the RIP

Going Live Here Shortly, for all the players who keep asking how to level and when to transition to what this would be the best time watch

Hope To See you all there!

I'm level 72 and have been enjoying this so far, I just wish people weren't overcharging so much for a decent wand.
Last edited by shadowscion on Aug 29, 2014, 2:28:23 PM
Been playing this build on Rampage and I gotta say it's been a blast.

A few notes that Pohx might not have made 'cause they wouldn't have occured to him or might not even be worth mentioning.

Getting a Five Linked Carcass Jack on Rampage is gonna put you back a fair amount, the build is still great without it. Getting the colours isn't a cakewalk if you want to roll them yourself.

Once you have your 5L carcass your totem costs go up a fair amount (183 for me on 5L) so don't forget about that pesky mana regen. I'm typing this as I wait for a dude to trade me his mana regen + mana ring in fact.

Don't neglect your cast speed on curses! My clear speeds for maps went up drastically once I finally got vuln linked to faster casting.

Few things about mapping, I've found the only affixes that slow me down are: 50% regen, no regen, and pack size combined with physical reflect. I am constantly recasting totems in the pack size reflect maps simply because of how much damage they do. I don't think it's worth grabbing more totem life when you can solve the problem with a bit more mana regen on gear and simply casting more.

Build is loads of fun, highly suggest it to everyone else!

Spoiler
Gear for reference!
Pohx what do you think about addeding in the aura nodes on the shadow/Witch/scion part of the tree?

Like so:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABogDB83C7gwn-CtsLtAyCECoTyBRsFmsX7BhtGcAa2ROCHvAflSCHGZMneyBaKzwtvSeMNoM4kzoYPLc-GjhqQyY88kUtR1BCVUsUTVJTwFSQVaZX_EvbWSpT-WUIZ69sYG2ycEZx9W8reD1f73ydgKeEQYcti2qMsZD4kyaV_ofhiMWKLJwvnTGeL2-iowelLKctqKyqxq4Es0my2L0WvyHDvrzBxX_GH8cQzB2qYpWw2KLZHNy31jrhYeKQ1vnoV-G86gLjJ-2j8hbzl_TE9lnzCPRM_w==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info