Pohx's Dual Shock Wave Totems Build [ Budget ] [ HC ]

I have close to same spell DMG however my totem DMG is only 2k DPs at level 67
"
Pohx wrote:
Updated with IR / MOM Version

I like the more defensive look of the build.

Main question, which nodes to prioritize? Going MoM/IR and then totem would get you there around 45 like the normal build, but ignores witch tree (aka Eldrich Battery). Is it worth having MoM without that? Rushing MoM/IR/EB would probably be the most defensive but then you don't hit double totem until high 50's which seems a bit long for waiting.
Great build. I'm a new player and have been playing since the release of Beyond league, am lvl 86 with this build and things are going very nicely. Did Olmec's sanctum yesterday and Poorjoy's asylum today
SC legues V
Last edited by zaregu on Oct 13, 2014, 4:56:13 AM
The crafted "Increased critical strike chance" on your wands doesn't do anything for your damage, at least as far as I know. You need "Increased critical strike chance for spells".
running this build at the moment, i thought it would be a fun and interesting change, and i was not wrong.

i've followed Pohx's guide up to level 62 so far - and it is very easy and fun once you get your dual totems.

merciless bosses have never been easier. after some practice, it's possible to trap mobs so they can't get anywhere near you, either against a wall or between your totems.

he says it's not tanky, but that hasn't matter so much so far - with good placement and movement, you hardly get touched. if things get nasty, you can stand next to one shockwave totem for protection and drop a devouring totem which will heal you up pretty quick.

i'm diverting from the guide a little at this stage for more mana regen and reduced reservation so i can run determination for more armour or discipline for AA, not sure which will be best yet.

also i'm using a dual curse (using a doedre's ring, not keystone) on hit setup with vulnerability and temp chains through arc - this is a pretty good addition, not sure if it's better than CWDT/EC/IC though. we'll see once I hit end-game.

p.s. best 6th link support for your shockwave totem is Iron Will (50%+ phys damage)
Just swapped my 95 lightning strike to this build because I was bored. Awesome change, great build. currently at 18K+ dps with 4.2k life. Here is my gear:

Maps are easy, just did a couple courtyards no problem. With lvl 25 arctic armor, MoM, and 30block/35spell block (without rumi's) its super easy.

Last edited by hayze420 on Nov 23, 2014, 9:31:28 PM
Last edited by Zagdabrath on Dec 7, 2014, 8:01:15 AM
Yea I'm thinking of giving this a shot in the new leagues and hopefully can get an update to this build with the new skill tree....
Last edited by Sicmeth0d on Dec 8, 2014, 11:44:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info