Pohx's Dual Shock Wave Totems Build [ Budget ] [ HC ]

So Hatred will no longer buff this correct? according to patch notes.

Am i reading that right?

thanks!
Last edited by Reddog1966 on Dec 11, 2014, 11:31:59 PM
"
Reddog1966 wrote:

Am i reading that right?

thanks!

Nope, you read that wrong.
The old function of buffing totems via the application of auras to the summoner of the totem (your charachter) still applies:
"
Summoned totems still use their summoner's skills. In order for an offensive aura to have an effect, it must affect the summoner, not the totem.

So: hatred still works, like before

All Defensive Aruas are now directly applied to your totems instead of not ^^
"
Summoned totems are only affected by auras that affect defensive properties.

So overall a slight totem buff.
This build will be updated?
Ign: Rezev
Pohx can we please get some love on the new skill tree :) Phys to ele loos sweet but a skill tree would be better :)
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
thorloph wrote:
"
Reddog1966 wrote:

Am i reading that right?

thanks!

Nope, you read that wrong.
The old function of buffing totems via the application of auras to the summoner of the totem (your charachter) still applies:
"
Summoned totems still use their summoner's skills. In order for an offensive aura to have an effect, it must affect the summoner, not the totem.

So: hatred still works, like before

All Defensive Aruas are now directly applied to your totems instead of not ^^
"
Summoned totems are only affected by auras that affect defensive properties.

So overall a slight totem buff.

Isn't hatred an offensive aura? How is it a defensive aura? I don't think hatred works.

Here is the passive tree i had in mind for this build. Felt like starting as witch would be best.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 13, 2014, 12:34:59 PM
The change to offensive auras actually helps, Inner Force does affect totems now.

http://poeurl.com/y8FGD8U
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Dec 15, 2014, 5:31:45 AM
plz updated
am at level 85 with this build and now updated for 1.3

its going very well. it's very good for farming fragments, dominus etc.
i have changed a couple things though:

i am using arc + curse on hit to apply vulnerability and temp chains, dual curse with doedre's damning ring.

i am running L19 arctic armour at the moment, and i'm using a legacy cloak of defiance which i conveniently dropped a few days before 1.3.
i use vaal discipline a bit like a flask to give more mana through the additional energy shield. this can mitigate a lot of damage through the mind over matter of the cloak.

i Don't need clarity atm to have enough mana regen, just use a hybrid flask quite often to keep my mana topped up.
if you place your totems well, you hardly ever get hit anyway.

i'm running added cold instead of added fire on my SWT only as i had superbad RNG on the chrome rolls.

i need a little bit more mana and haven't got the all the phys damage nodes near the shadow start yet, but my damage is pretty good. it's a great build.
also my resistances aren't capped and i have no chaos resist. but for how it is it works really well.

gear

rainbow strides aren't necessary.

Last edited by monosama on Jan 16, 2015, 4:56:56 AM
I did this build in torment at lvl 77 I had 11k dps each totem with conc and without it 7 or 8k. 4link.
How can I see the old skill trees?

Do you think its still viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info