Pohx's Dual Shock Wave Totems Build [ Budget ] [ HC ]

Updated with IR / MOM Version
"
greensunggwa wrote:
First of all, I've watched your stream for a quite a while. Thanks for the awesome stream and build! :)

I know you are working on that EB+MoM version of this tree, but I just couldn't wait :)
What do you think about the EB+MoM take of the tree?

Level 85 tree :

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34pVrkSrj6aCEN-wLJwtix_HK3htGWpDwFQI9D1fUlOX9JeV2wuCHsHzlSBrF7zqJpVh4lVLjDZQQi1HHNx_xqKjyBT1b2qMFr-i2bDY-wkZipu1UzUPq_baGo8qTX1brEdRTMpKwzqFMnTxGNtbr90NLOkVIKQ50IFH4iLi2L01krXybqpKyD8n-ehBh7c-_gqHGWwW_Esn7cT2PC3GrqPyLKdaKyoTWfOsqho4p4SQVcAa73yDOBRNogDwH69sxYpM__JFOuG1SG1snYCf3zwF

The tree does lack more damage than your scion version of the tree, and also lacks that increased aoe nodes from the scion starting point. Honestly as a HC solo player, I think having 10k dps (X2 = 20k) for my totem is enough, I would rather focus on my defensive stats (but that's just me)

The tree does have MoM and more mana regen to increase the effect of MoM. 15% more life.

Would this tree worth playing? I want to try this build in Beyond, but I'm not sure if this build would have enough dps to kill the beyond monsters and have good clear speed. As of now I don't have any dual shockwavetotem char, so I have no way to test the build out... Also, rip poebuilder with gears T_T

Yeah, the tree looks fine. I pretty much use the same outline as you for the beginner friendly build which you can find at the top of the guide
Aww yeah, thanks for updating the tree Pohx.

Will definitely start beyond with your tree.
"
Pohx wrote:
"
greensunggwa wrote:
First of all, I've watched your stream for a quite a while. Thanks for the awesome stream and build! :)

I know you are working on that EB+MoM version of this tree, but I just couldn't wait :)
What do you think about the EB+MoM take of the tree?

Level 85 tree :

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34pVrkSrj6aCEN-wLJwtix_HK3htGWpDwFQI9D1fUlOX9JeV2wuCHsHzlSBrF7zqJpVh4lVLjDZQQi1HHNx_xqKjyBT1b2qMFr-i2bDY-wkZipu1UzUPq_baGo8qTX1brEdRTMpKwzqFMnTxGNtbr90NLOkVIKQ50IFH4iLi2L01krXybqpKyD8n-ehBh7c-_gqHGWwW_Esn7cT2PC3GrqPyLKdaKyoTWfOsqho4p4SQVcAa73yDOBRNogDwH69sxYpM__JFOuG1SG1snYCf3zwF

The tree does lack more damage than your scion version of the tree, and also lacks that increased aoe nodes from the scion starting point. Honestly as a HC solo player, I think having 10k dps (X2 = 20k) for my totem is enough, I would rather focus on my defensive stats (but that's just me)

The tree does have MoM and more mana regen to increase the effect of MoM. 15% more life.

Would this tree worth playing? I want to try this build in Beyond, but I'm not sure if this build would have enough dps to kill the beyond monsters and have good clear speed. As of now I don't have any dual shockwavetotem char, so I have no way to test the build out... Also, rip poebuilder with gears T_T

Yeah, the tree looks fine. I pretty much use the same outline as you for the beginner friendly build which you can find at the top of the guide

About how much DPS do you lose using the tanky tree do you think?
"
Ezink wrote:
the crit damage doesn't affect to totems so they are not necessary

How about not spreading false information? His build is just not a crit build.
"
fadekill wrote:
"
Ezink wrote:
the crit damage doesn't affect to totems so they are not necessary

How about not spreading false information? His build is just not a crit build.

haha, and i believed that post :)

Last edited by daimi on Sep 9, 2014, 9:34:57 AM
Phox LOVE the build, but you should give us the lev 81-100 skill tree point's update on what you plan on doing PLEASE!!!
"
Hydrokugal wrote:
Hello Pohx,

im lvl 85 SWT with a 6L Carcass Jack and i have serious Problems with incoming damage. I Know the build is squishy. but i drop like half or even more HP when hit once. my damage is high enough to clear maps 71-76 with ease. I got 4k HP and max resis. Any suggestions? what do you do about that. As you mentioned i try to get Arctic armor running and see how that will help. Any other ideas besides not getting hit? :)

Thanks

I use artic armor (it will help ALOT but you'll still get chunked) but the most important thing is having a good immortal call CWDT setup. I highly recommend using enduring cry separately from cwdt. I always keep 3 charges up and it gives me 4s immortal call when it triggers. I can use enduring cry again when my IC is counting down and chain it manytimes. Keeping enduring cry separately allows me to time my charges as best as possible. I can practically keep IC ready at all times.

The real danger is magic damage, shock stacks and such. You can use saffels but I m man up for dual wands, I've never had a problem with magic damage.
Last edited by woodyfly on Sep 11, 2014, 1:02:55 AM
Out of curiousity would a physical damage wand be useful for this build, something like this:

Or do you need spelldamage on your weapon?
"
Skrigg wrote:
Out of curiousity would a physical damage wand be useful for this build, something like this:

Or do you need spelldamage on your weapon?

Weapon DSP Does not affect SWT at all, Your goal is Spell Damage / Casting Speed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info