Pohx's Dual Shock Wave Totems Build [ Budget ] [ HC ]

"
shia wrote:
Hello Pohx.
if I don't have Hatred.
can I use Anger and Added Cold Damage for this build?

if you don't have hatred, you need to purchase it. It's not an expensive gem and it's required if you want to achieve the maximum Dps for your character
"
woodyfly wrote:
I went witch so I lack %physical damage nodes. Might be a silly question but which gives more dps? 10% spell dmg or 10% phys dmg node?

They're pretty much the same, except Bear trap scales off Phys damage as well, if You had the choice between 2 of the exact same numerics I would go with %Phys

Pickup a basic Wand with 10-16% Spell Damage
Grab a Low Rolled Rustic Sash 16%

Equip and un-equip them and see the difference
Last edited by Pohx on Sep 2, 2014, 4:12:22 PM
"
Im stuck at 60 dex and cant level hatred or beartrap.. how did u get 160 dex?

Nodes on the Skill tree, Dex on rings, Dex on ammy, Dex on Chest if you're not using a unique one, many places for you to opt for dex
Hey Pohx

I did a dual shockwave totem build 5-6months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GNVaktO1k&list=UUJRq77ymJt5fxCyWdToikMw (could run maps)

This was before it scaled with spellpower, its obviously much stronger now.

However, there was still one big flaw with the skill, and that is the 2 diffrent aoe's for it.

1) We got the normal aoe of the dmg, which increased with increased aoe nodes/gear.

2) The important one. Atleast it was before. The big issue and so on.. The "See Distance" of the totem. This distance wasnt increased by increased area before, is this changed?

Meaning: ranged mobs could still hit the totem without it hitting back, unless a melee mob stepped into its "See distance/aggro range" -- Then the waves it self would hit the ranged mobs.
Only ranged mobs would not trigger the totem tho.

TLDR: Is the issue with "See distance / Aggro distance" not scaling with increased area nodes, still around for this skill? Cant find any notes on a update for this.

// Armleg
Last edited by Armleg on Sep 3, 2014, 5:13:38 AM
Hello. Nice guide, thx for sharing.
What is better to pick if i have to choose : spell damage or physical damage nodes?
"
Armleg wrote:
Hey Pohx

I did a dual shockwave totem build 5-6months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GNVaktO1k&list=UUJRq77ymJt5fxCyWdToikMw (could run maps)

This was before it scaled with spellpower, its obviously much stronger now.

However, there was still one big flaw with the skill, and that is the 2 diffrent aoe's for it.

1) We got the normal aoe of the dmg, which increased with increased aoe nodes/gear.

2) The important one. Atleast it was before. The big issue and so on.. The "See Distance" of the totem. This distance wasnt increased by increased area before, is this changed?

Meaning: ranged mobs could still hit the totem without it hitting back, unless a melee mob stepped into its "See distance/aggro range" -- Then the waves it self would hit the ranged mobs.

TLDR: Is the issue with "See distance / Aggro distance" not scaling with increased area nodes, still around for this skill? Cant find any notes on a update for this.

// Armleg

I'm quite sure it's fixed now, i've never had a problem with ranged mobs ever hitting it and out scaling the AoE.
"
oztaahh wrote:
Hello. Nice guide, thx for sharing.
What is better to pick if i have to choose : spell damage or physical damage nodes?

Phys, since it scales with bear trap as well
Hey Pohx, I just recently purchased and bought a carcass jack in Rampage league. Made it into 5L. My dilemma at the moment is getting 2R 3B sockets, tried Vorici's 25 RGBs at least 2R but no luck. What do you suggest me to do? Since it is really hard to roll having a dex int chest piece. Thanks!
"
Armleg wrote:
Hey Pohx

// Armleg

This appeared to be the case to me aswell the aggro range is shorter than the damage range.
IGN: CritLAMETotem

"
Hey Pohx, I just recently purchased and bought a carcass jack in Rampage league. Made it into 5L. My dilemma at the moment is getting 2R 3B sockets, tried Vorici's 25 RGBs at least 2R but no luck. What do you suggest me to do? Since it is really hard to roll having a dex int chest piece. Thanks!

2 off isnt hard to do ... how many chromes in? i mean there is RNG
IGN: CritLAMETotem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info