[Ripped] Sycho's Crit Chaos Spectral Throw/Viper Strike Shadow for 1.2 Patch

Chaos damage Crit dagger Spectral throw and Viper strike as single target.
___________________________________________________________________________________

The idea for this build came with the new viper strike change, getting chaos damage from
the tree would kinda be wasted if you're going to be using just normal phys scaled spectral
throw as your AOE, so why not throw in added chaos damage?
With a 20/20 added chaos damage linked with your Spectral throw, and this tree, it would add a top end of around 491~ chaos damage. If you have the new Cherrubim’s Maleficence chest, that would be a top end of 530. Obviously it will be reduced by LMP and 57% damage effectiveness of spectral throw but yeah.
Single target will be viper strike, because, lets face it, its going to melt bosses.

Vaal pact would be picked up if you get enough leech/use Life leech gem so reflect is less
of an issue.
The new chest in 1.2 (Cherrubim’s Maleficence) would be insane for this build.
I don't know how Vaal pact and the chest will interact, but I think you'd drop Vaal pact
if you get the chest and use life leech gem. (Not sure yet)

Mind Drinker is needed if you don't have mana leech on gear.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Gear/level and tree progressions

Level 71

Picked up a new dagger, really good helm, 5 linked my chest in 1 jeweler 32 fusings.
Was able to get a pair of gloves with 2% mana leech so able to spec out of Mind Drinker.
Current Spectral Throw DPS with 5 Power charges: 4.8k
Current Double Strike DPS with 5 Power Charges: 16k

Tree:http://tinyurl.com/kk6w36j

Ripped at 75

Died in a Zana daily mission maze map to the most retarded vaal smash ever
Wasn't desynced, because I walked away from the smash, didn't whirling blades.

Anyway. Heres the gear I had, and I'm pretty salty about dying that way.
BUT IT HAPPENS YA KNOW
Will be probably re-leveling this build in the future, but it was looking really good.

With this gear and all 5 power charges up I had 7k Spectral throw dps and 21k Double strike dps. /wrists

Tree: http://tinyurl.com/mv773aq

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP pic

Tree

Gem Links

Chest - 5L - Spectral throw, LMP, Crit Damage, Chaos Damage, Faster Attacks
6th Link is Faster Projectiles Or Life Leech

WED over Faster Projectiles if you're running in a party with wrath/anger, but you will probably kill yourself to reflect if you don't have life leech linked as well.

Helmet - 4L Power charge generator: Spectral throw, GMP, FA, PCoC.

Gloves - 4L Single Target - Viper strike, Multistrike, Crit Damage, Melee Phys

Boots - 4L CWDT - Immortal call, increased duration, enduring cry, CWDT.

Weapon - 3L Mobility/Curse - FA, Whirling Blades, Assassin's Mark

Shield - 3L Auras - Hatred, Reduced Mana, Grace

Bandits

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn or point. 8% Attack speed is so good though
Merciless: Alira for power charge

Good Gears

Chest: Best in slot will be the new Cherrubim's Maleficence coming out in 1.2
Belly of the best is going to be good as well, or lightning coil, or a good evasion piece.
Gloves: Maligaro's or a rare pair with attack speed and flat damage.
Weapon: Bino's would be good but a fast high crit and dps ambusher would be best.
Ring: Ming's would be awesome

Going to be trying this build out in the new HC Beyond league on the 20th and will be updating this thread as the build progresses.

Let me know what you guys think. Or have any suggestions for tree changes.

I will also be streaming at www.twitch.tv/pewxpew so come stop by to see the build in action, unless I die of course :^)

Also, this is a confirmed NiceBuild and all rights and reservations hereafter are owned by nicebuilds.com and affiliated partys.
Last edited by _Sycho on Aug 26, 2014, 9:26:44 PM
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2016, 8:40:25 PM
since you have ondars and you're going evasion wouldn't acrobatics be very good to pick up as well?
"
moodzy wrote:
since you have ondars and you're going evasion wouldn't acrobatics be very good to pick up as well?

That is a possibility I thought about, but 20% max life looked more enticing than the 4 points spent to get acrobatics. But I guess the change would be something like this
http://tinyurl.com/m7g3mme
Kinda like that more tbh
Updated with bandits and a few tree changes as well as progression passives
bump
Great looking build _Sycho, will most likely use it when the new league comes out, but was just wondering your thoughts on using Lightning Strike somewhere in the build because it's a personal favorite. And also what kind of flasks were you thinking about running with this build?

Also, do you have a character that is similar to this one at the moment? Would like to see the gear it has to gauge it for what I will be looking for.
Last edited by Gankker on Aug 19, 2014, 11:33:33 AM
"
Gankker wrote:
Great looking build _Sycho, will most likely use it when the new league comes out, but was just wondering your thoughts on using Lightning Strike somewhere in the build because it's a personal favorite. And also what kind of flasks were you thinking about running with this build?

Also, do you have a character that is similar to this one at the moment? Would like to see the gear it has to gauge it for what I will be looking for.

Thanks man.
I don't really like lightning strike, but you could use it in place of spectral throw. LS getting buffed and spectral throw getting nerfed this patch so it could work :^)
For flasks I think I'll run 2 seethings, or maybe even 1, because of the new level 65 and 70 flasks. 1 quicksilver, 2 atziri flasks, and 1 jade flask. Quicksilver isn't really needed due to whirling blades though.
I don't at the moment no, I respecced my spectral throw character from invasion.
But you basically just want high evasion gear, a good fast dagger, 1.8+ AS with good crit, 7.5%+ and decent dps 250+, which should be easy to get in the new league.
Last edited by _Sycho on Aug 19, 2014, 3:38:32 PM
w0w looks awful
"
Implosions wrote:
w0w looks awful

<3
_Sycho, I meant like could I use Lightning Strike just to gather charges? I would definitely still use ST because it's a fun skill and good for leveling even after the nerfs I would think.

Also could you give a small explanation on the passives while leveling? Do you take the dagger nodes early on and just keep a dagger on you the whole leveling process, or do you skip them until later on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info