[LVL 100 - Beyond Rank 4] 10.3k Hybrid Life/ES Flameblaster - 50/52 Block - LVL 22 AA w/ no EB

Hey vexcid this is brisk!

You planning on doing a 1.3 update?
Hey Brisk, I probably will start playing again soon to check out the changes and try a couple new builds. Im going to be moving pretty soon so things about to get crazy IRL.

For those that were looking for an updated tree for this patch, I plan to test out my 100 templar with the following build next time I log in:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAQ8hPBKdVW6B8Dmjy8B-iAASzwGaf3-98PAWCm5o71abtPOw4kFUnLxo4wBqxQvMRcYVG1-NqFm826SSq6-64k6cIU1JFnZrgrJgulJeFNPchsPFs7FUqjUkbNtiD21XGOlgEB0yzUlOXlT1fl_RtGacrNbkRUGpDwFQI9EuuGyXZW-kC34q86h1P-eiCxyj68kX-Crc-QYfYvf6PNZJN4zrhpldCS9--hcWdrhps2CQ2xRJpGGVxeRccHwKvtzI0h2UQWCycw21ca4RI99d65mP9jHa3MVcrvYL-s3RVXyr53YuMDXxXyeQi2t0=

This may change especially since the build is missing a lot of block nodes that were taken out/moved.

Moving Zealot's Oath north of the templar tree makes it an option for those who feel they are not in danger of dying to chaos dmg/degen. I felt when leveling to 100 having hp regen over es regen was more helpful in avoiding deaths to not paying attention to chaos dmg/degen. Last patch, a mixture of high block and es start time nodes was sufficient to keep ES regenerated 95% of the time. With the reduction of block node passives this may change in favor of Zealot's Oath for the increased ES sustain.

Any suggestions or criticisms are welcome especially since I havent been able to dedicate as much time to the changes as I had hoped.

More to come with testing..
ign: Vexcid
Last edited by Vexcid on Dec 20, 2014, 5:02:01 AM
Can't wait for the 1.3 updated tree

i'm really lost without the block nodes, will my templar turn into paper? :'(

Great build and guide, thanks a lot!
i played this build in the last 1 week. had to work the entire week 60+ hours and still made it into the top 15.

this is the tree i would do for 1.3

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcEswj0DXwQWBFQEmkWbxccGjgabBslHwIhsCSqJy8o-iqNLJwulDI0NPc1kjW5NsU22DbpOlg64T1fQYdCS0WdRtdJG0uuTLNN41JTU1JVxlfJXGtj_WjyakNtGXF5cYV65oKbgseD24RIhcWHZYx2kFWXhZeVl_SaO5rgna6ePJ_fogCmV6cIpyusmK-3sUK3Mbc-uJPAGsBUwGbDbdWm2CTYvdlb2rnfit--4XPjauQi6QLr7uw47FXtPO988B_xbPJF99f56P4K_o8=
Last edited by shnurr214 on Dec 30, 2014, 11:36:38 PM
"
shnurr214 wrote:
i played this build in the last 1 week. had to work the entire week 60+ hours and still made it into the top 15.

this is the tree i would do for 1.3

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcEswj0DXwQWBFQEmkWbxccGjgabBslHwIhsCSqJy8o-iqNLJwulDI0NPc1kjW5NsU22DbpOlg64T1fQYdCS0WdRtdJG0uuTLNN41JTU1JVxlfJXGtj_WjyakNtGXF5cYV65oKbgseD24RIhcWHZYx2kFWXhZeVl_SaO5rgna6ePJ_fogCmV6cIpyusmK-3sUK3Mbc-uJPAGsBUwGbDbdWm2CTYvdlb2rnfit--4XPjauQi6QLr7uw47FXtPO988B_xbPJF99f56P4K_o8=

Hey Shnurr,

Grats on top 15 with that kind of schedule..Very impressive.

Looks like you worked out the tree pretty much the same as I did only cut some points for a non-lvl 100 build which is ideal for most people trying it out. Only picky thing I would prefer is having the ES start time node and some mana regen nodes but if your already running a high enough level AA without the mana regen nodes then its no big deal.
What are your thoughts about Incinerate with "buffs" instead of Flamesurge with "buffs" too?

Not sure what you mean by "buffs"

Flamesurge has a 50% more dmg modifier built in and you can link it with conc effect for a really strong finisher to burning enemies.

Incinerate is nice but it requires a lot of conditions to get the most damage out of it and it is better used as a main ability rather than finishing off burning targets.
Last edited by Vexcid on Jan 10, 2015, 3:40:06 PM
I have been playing this build for a few weeks now. I must thank you for such an OP build. The survivability and the damage is impressive. I ripped at level 68 or so to a complete desync after opening a strongbox. I was a bit pissed. Oh well. I am playing it on standard right now. The only thing I changed was I am using a shav's since that was my only 6 link ES chestpiece and since I am using shav's I took zealot's oath. I am at about 5.2k ES and 3.4k life at level 91. Of course the health will go up with more health nodes as I level. Flameblast is OP :) I can't believe how much damage it does and how more people don't use it.

Here is my gear:

What I decided to try out was using dual curse instead of flame surge. I tried flame surge for a while but I felt like I never really used it. I mean the flameblast did so much damage that I didn't get a chance to normally. I was running curse on hit, arc, flameability and elemental weakness. The extra curses really makes the damage of certain bosses/rares melt a lot faster. I don't know if it is faster than flame surge and it probably isn't but I just like running dual curse. I have been using this build in pvp too and it is quite amazing with dual curse. It is hilarious to ignite someone and have someone else run by and get killed from the prolif :)

Edit: I am also running vaal cold snap, conc effect, and trap for strongboxes. It freezes everything when it opens. You don't have to worry about reflect since it is in a trap.

Oh and I prefer using inc area of effect for solo clearing maps. It kills everything on screen almost with one cast instead of multiple casts with faster casting
Last edited by Orbitalx on Jan 25, 2015, 6:01:20 PM
I am also leveling this build right now.

The only question i have is, if you should still go rathpith globe + block nodes, or consider a rare shield or even a rise of the phoenix to push your fire res even higher.

Is it still worth going for the block after the big nerf?

So far i am doing great with the build, doing <70 maps with a 4l +2fire staff. Soon want to switch to full ES gear and wand+shield.
@Orbitalx - Sucks for the RIP man. Ive died to many desync boxes myself and it can be frustrating. Glad you kept going with it in standard and looks like you have a nice setup going for you. Because of how much damage you have with doryani's and dual curse I would also agree that AoE is probably better than faster cast as getting high stacks wont matter. Nice gear and nice setup!

@Mechtl10 - I also leveled with this build for bloodlines as a witch because I was planning to respec to something else later and wanted to see how well this build does leveling and farming early maps. Before I switched specs I was farming with this build up to level 74 maps and had not attempted 75+ but I could definitely tell that I was getting less and less tanky as I was progressing.

I had also tried out the build on my 100 with the free respec and did a few 78 maps just fine however this character is very geared running level 22 AA (could be running higher if linked to empower).

I feel like this build still works but its not going to be "super" tanky like last league. You will have to rely more on getting your high level AA up and running with cwdt and quality immortal call + increased duration before safely farming 76+ maps.

As far as whether or not to get a rathpith is probably up to you at this point. Rathpith has a nice spellpower bonus with hp% which still makes it very good and used with rainbowstrides you will still notice a difference in the amount of spell damage taken. I dont think I would prefer rise of the phoenix over rathpith. The only time I would prefer rise of the phoenix is if for some reason I wouldnt be running level 20 purity of fire. Using both purity of fire and rise of the phoenix with high HP/ES is a bit overkill.
Last edited by Vexcid on Jan 26, 2015, 7:51:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info