[LVL 100 - Beyond Rank 4] 10.3k Hybrid Life/ES Flameblaster - 50/52 Block - LVL 22 AA w/ no EB

The clarity and reduced mana nerf hurts alot though.
Aura reservations got nerfed for sure. Probably wont be able to run the 3 auras without picking up some reduced reservation nodes but even with the clarity base mana nerf, it isnt enough to make this build obsolete. Adding the 3 base mana regen jewel will make clarity pretty close to what it is now.
ign: Vexcid
Last edited by Vexcid on May 16, 2015, 6:27:26 PM
Is it still possible to get 50% chance to block attack. And where does it come from? I mean the build gives 25 % from the shield and nothing from the tree. I cannot figure out where the 25% left comes from. Can you enlighten me a bit on that matter?
This is an old build that used to work extremely well in Beyond but got nerfed. I just havent cared enough to update the entire post. There is an updated skill tree with what I thought would work best after the nerf. Thats probably what your looking at.

After big patch and act 4 hits ill put some more work into this thread and give it a full update.

Even though block isnt as good as it was. Hybrid playstyle is far from dead and is currently very strong in the beta due to energy shield start time.
Yes that's what I found by looking at the new skill tree from the beta. This is why I am looking at your old build as a reference to build my own hybrid flameblast for 2.0. I did a rough skill tree of what I think would work. If you have time to look at it, it would be very appreciated. I have a lot less experience in this game than you so I am really open to criticism. I don't have access to the beta currently, therefore I cannot test it out and adjust it.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA3UEBwSzCPQNfBFQEmkWbxccFy8YPBhWGjgabBslHNwdFB1PJKonLyj6Ko01kjW5Ntg26TpYOtg64TwFPV9Bh0JLQ8hFnUkbS65Ms03jTwRSU1NSVcZV1lfJWHdboFxrXwRfKmTnZlRo8mpDbRlxeXwOgKSCm4LHg9uESIUyhXuFxY8aj0aQVZErl5WX9Jo7muCboZ2un9-iAKZXpwinK6dVrJi3PriTvSfAVMBmw23QH9Wm2L3ZW9rd34rfvuNq5CLpAuvk6-7sOOxV7TzvfO_r8B_xbPJF99f53fno-tL-Cv6P

I decided to drop some mana regen nodes due to the new AA requiring no mana regen. Problem is I have no idea of the minimum mana regen I need to cast fireblast without running out. Maybe you can help me on that.
Last edited by Bouakasha on Jun 7, 2015, 4:55:43 PM
Tree looks good. Few things I would point out:
- Its nice that MoM is near the spec now but since we wont be stacking mana anymore with AA change, I think it would serve as an annoyance more than it does good. It might mitigate a little bit of damage but you will constantly get slowed down charging your flameblast if your getting hit.

- Base energy shield start time got doubled in the beta. I have tested it with all the ES start time nodes and it is extremely powerful. Definitely worth testing before you decide to take the scion life wheel.

The hybrid spec ive tested in the beta looks something like this:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAA3UEswceCPQRDxFQEmkUsBZvFxwYZRpsGyUdFB1PHdkhsCSqKo0ulDT3Nbk22DbpOlg7DTwFPV9DVEPIRZ1JG0lRS65MLUyzTwRSU1NSVcZYd1ugXGtfBF8qaPJqQ20ZcXl0VXwOgh6Cm4PbhEiIQo9Gj_qRK5Uul4WXlZf0mjua4Juhna6f36IApwinK6dVrJi86sBUwGbBxcNt0B_Vptlb2t3fiuNq5CLpAuvu7BjsVe0873zv6_Af8NXxbPRx99c=

From that point I would either go crit which is very easy to do since most of the caster crit is already in the spec path, or I would continue to get more life/reduced mana nodes.

I would probably run clarity/discipline/arctic armour as mandatory auras and then run a 4th damage aura with reduced mana nodes if that was the route I wanted to take.

Still have much testing to do especially since flameblast numbers just recently got adjusted again and going crit may not be necessary unless your grouping.
Yes, I was not sure about picking up MoM. I figured out I would try it and see if it is more of an annoyance than an additional defense.

When you say the start time got doubled, does that mean that is now 3 seconds before the recharging starts?

If the start time is reduced by half does that mean that the delay period before recharge is now as follows?

300 / (100 + faster start time nodes)

You also say that you took all the ES start time nodes. However, I am only seeing the essence surge as the sole start time node available since they changed the other ones from 1.3 to increased recharge rate.

Last interrogation that I had in your tree, is it really worth it to travel 6 intel nodes to get essence surge, especially considering the fact that start time is already stronger than before.

My true last question is, do you think the build will still be safe against chaos damage without the life nodes from the scion wheel?

Thank you for your help kind man.
"
When you say the start time got doubled, does that mean that is now 3 seconds before the recharging starts?

If the start time is reduced by half does that mean that the delay period before recharge is now as follows?

300 / (100 + faster start time nodes)

Yes, you are correct.

"
You also say that you took all the ES start time nodes. However, I am only seeing the essence surge as the sole start time node available since they changed the other ones from 1.3 to increased recharge rate.

Last interrogation that I had in your tree, is it really worth it to travel 6 intel nodes to get essence surge, especially considering the fact that start time is already stronger than before.

Both the ES start time and recharge rate is very good together. Even when your recharging in less than 3s, the rate at which your ES charges is somewhat slow and essence surge makes a noticable difference. I however dont think its worth going that far to get it unless you are going crit (doom cast right next to the es/hp nodes). I had been testing crit flameblast on the beta when it was at its lowest point. Its been changed a couple times at least since then.

"
My true last question is, do you think the build will still be safe against chaos damage without the life nodes from the scion wheel?

Even though my lvl 100 had quite a bit of chaos res, I never really got chaos res anytime I made this build in a 1mo/2wk race because it wasnt needed with the scion life wheel (easily able to get 5k health). If the scion life wheel is ignored however, I dont think this build is safe against chaos damage without a decent amount of chaos res. You can probably get away with it for awhile, but mid to late maps would be brutal.
Vexcid, if you (or anyone else) is working on updating this build to 2.0, I would definitely be interested!

I used this build to take my first character up to level 71 (in the past SC challenge and now Standard league), and would love to keep leveling it, but am really uncertain on how I should respec it, at this point.
Last edited by Hastibe on Jul 12, 2015, 1:16:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info