[LVL 100 - Beyond Rank 4] 10.3k Hybrid Life/ES Flameblaster - 50/52 Block - LVL 22 AA w/ no EB

Would running aegis + lazhwar be worth it for some pseudo regen?
"
calze6 wrote:
Would running aegis + lazhwar be worth it for some pseudo regen?

Hi Calze,

Aegis would be hard to work with this build because this build runs with no armor. The mechanics of aegis require a good bit of armor for ES restoration. Also your losing out on good stuff like %max life/%spell damage and would have to give up some really good stats on your neck to replace the spellblock on rathpith with lazhwar instead.

I cant say ive tried this build with aegis+armor setup but because of ES start time nodes I feel its not much needed. There are few times my ES actually depletes in combat and when it does I use vaal discipline to bring it back up.
ign: Vexcid
Hey Vex, what ya think about my more softcore'ish tree?

ZO/BUFF/softcore'ish Tree
EXALTS>EXAMS
I'm following your guide thoroughly and I'm loving the gameplay style!

However, if I may, I have one doubt:

Why did you go for Flamesurge instead of Fireball with Greater Multiple Projectiles?
I heard that Fireball had more damage than Flamesurge, and has chance to Ignite.
And Fireball with GMP would have more AOE and clearing speed than Flamesurge?

Thanks in advance for the awesome guide! :)
"
skieZ wrote:
Hey Vex, what ya think about my more softcore'ish tree?

ZO/BUFF/softcore'ish Tree

Looks good.

Zealot's Oath isn't a bad idea but keep in mind you wont have life regen to help mitigate against chaos degen which is one of the disadvantages of this build. I would first try going without it and get more damage or life depending on how comfortable you are with your damage vs health in softcore.
"
FightMen75 wrote:
I'm following your guide thoroughly and I'm loving the gameplay style!

However, if I may, I have one doubt:

Why did you go for Flamesurge instead of Fireball with Greater Multiple Projectiles?
I heard that Fireball had more damage than Flamesurge, and has chance to Ignite.
And Fireball with GMP would have more AOE and clearing speed than Flamesurge?

Thanks in advance for the awesome guide! :)

Hi FightMen,

Awhile ago I used fireball with this build for cleanup but since switched to flamesurge when it was released because I could benefit from spell echo, faster casting and conc effect all in a 4L. If it was possible to get a 5th link say with a SC searing touch then I would probably go back to fireball but the purpose of the ability is a really fast casting cleanup ability. The bulk of the damage is reserved for flameblast.

I think this will help alot with the chaosdmg problem.
ZO for Energyshield and life on kill on life for chaosdmg.
Plus a instalife-flask.
Should keep me alive.
EXALTS>EXAMS
Last edited by skieZ on Nov 22, 2014, 7:32:06 AM
"
Vexcid wrote:

Awhile ago I used fireball with this build for cleanup but since switched to flamesurge when it was released because I could benefit from spell echo, faster casting and conc effect all in a 4L. If it was possible to get a 5th link say with a SC searing touch then I would probably go back to fireball but the purpose of the ability is a really fast casting cleanup ability. The bulk of the damage is reserved for flameblast.

I'll follow your lead then, Master.
So, in short Flamesurge cleans it up as fast as Fireball?

Another doubt, this time regarding the PST:
Why didn't you went for Fire Walker points?

This is a general doubt:
What are your thoughts on the best defense whether for maps and to have some fun in PvP?
ES > Armour > Evasion?

Many thanks again! :)
What would you change for 1.3 Vex ?
I am also waiting for new 1.3 tree :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info