[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

Do have a modified tree for a dagger/shield flicker strike build?
"
Kedrak wrote:

The current build works great for that if you ask me. I'm using flicker strike when clearing most mobs, just using a 4L atm. You could just swap out the body armor sockets from reave to flicker strike if you want more links for it.
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
dmitriyh wrote:
The thing is, I CAN sustain grace and hatred, or grace with two heralds, but it's hard to say which option is better, no idea, what do you think? As for a curse, I run assmark with blood magic and fast cast, no prob at all. I'm thinking about swapping it with enfeeble, because I don't have problems with charges using pcoc gem.
Almost forgot, what do you think about Vaal pact? What life leech you need to have for it to be effective? You can remove Heart of oak and grab this one without losing points.

Grace is not really worth it. I would recommend Hatred + Herald of Ash + Tempest Shield.
I would remove the PCoC gem for another support since it will boost your dmg significantly and you can generate power charges via Assassin's Mark. You can still have Enfeeble on a CwDt setup for defences.
Vaal Pact becomes good when you loose regen due to the leech cap. The threshold depends on your pDPS and life leech %, but below 35k pDPS it is probably not worth getting.

"
xNuj wrote:
You should have enough mana to run hatred, herald of ice + herald of ash

I have a mana pool of 542. Herald of Ash + Hatred leave me with 222 mana, which is already hard to sustain reave without mana potion. Herald of Ice is not an option anyway, since it gives flat ice dmg bonus and does not scale of our phys dmg like Herald of Ash does.

So how do you generate PC against a single target boss, if there's nothing around to kill?
"
ClinchClonch wrote:
"
Kedrak wrote:

The current build works great for that if you ask me. I'm using flicker strike when clearing most mobs, just using a 4L atm. You could just swap out the body armor sockets from reave to flicker strike if you want more links for it.

Yeah it certainly seems to have a great foundation for flicker. Do you think getting those 2 frenzy charges on the way down to Ondar's is a good idea? (Probably not right when you go down, but later.) And if so, what would you give up? Also, would it be better to get a frenzy charge from the last bandit, or is the power charge still better?

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by Kedrak on Aug 30, 2014, 3:43:32 PM
"
Kedrak wrote:

This build is 100% useable for flicker strike.

"
dmitriyh wrote:
So how do you generate PC against a single target boss, if there's nothing around to kill?

If you mean bosses like Atziri/Dom etc. then power charges are irrelevant anyway, becaue you will have to dodge and run a lot as melee in those figths, so your charges will run out.

"
Kedrak wrote:
Yeah it certainly seems to have a great foundation for flicker. Do you think getting those 2 frenzy charges on the way down to Ondar's is a good idea? (Probably not right when you go down, but later.) And if so, what would you give up? Also, would it be better to get a frenzy charge from the last bandit, or is the power charge still better?

Thanks for the help.

I am not too familiar with flicker builds (only swap it in for pvp or when I want to have fun in low lvl maps), so I cannot really judge how many frenzy charges are neccessary. If your gear is weak and you have trouble oneshotting the mobs than you should definitely consider getting the +2 frenzy charges. The Aspect of the Panther node isn't really that strong and can be skipped for 3 more points. If you take the 2 frenzy from the tree, getting another one from bandits is overkill. If you don't get them, I would recommend to take frenzy from bandits instead of power charge. Power charge is more DPS. but the frenzy will help to sustain your flicker. I personally would probably skip the 2 frenzy from the skilltree and get it from the bandit quest instead, but as I already mentioned it depends alot on your gear.

Edit: I forgot that 20% quality flicker strike gives you an additional 80% crit and 20% add. accuracy support gem adds another 40% (afaik that one is commonly used in flicker builds). So I would definitely skip the power charge from bandits for the frenzy charge. 4 frenzy charges should be sufficient to sustain your flicker, so getting another two from the tree for four additional skillpoints seems very unattractive.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Last edited by candoerfer on Aug 30, 2014, 5:09:54 PM
Great build. I ran about 6 different variations for a crit spectral throw build and this one comes out on top as long as you value those hp flask nodes. Sucks because I'll have to spend 6 or 7 points going down the side to respec my path through the middle but it will improve the build a lot.
I'm trying to create a Shadow using Dual strike with Daggers. I haven't picked many crit nodes so I won't one shot myself to physical reflect and picked up as many dual wield block nodes as possible. I like life leech and picked up Vaal Pact.

It only has 140% max life and plan to try it in Beyond league..

What do you think?

"
くりす wrote:
I'm trying to create a Shadow using Dual strike with Daggers. I haven't picked many crit nodes so I won't one shot myself to physical reflect and picked up as many dual wield block nodes as possible. I like life leech and picked up Vaal Pact.

It only has 140% max life and plan to try it in Beyond league..

What do you think?

I personally don't like dual wield builds, since the small DPS increase doesn't justify the significant loss of defences in any way. If I were forced to go dual wield, I would do something like this.
This build is more tanky (174% life) than yours, however due to the absence of a shield it might still be to squishy for HC league.
For purely single target fights do you use anything other than reave? Or just reave all the time on everyone? If you could post some suggested gem link setups and options that would be fantastic.
"
Sarasin wrote:
For purely single target fights do you use anything other than reave? Or just reave all the time on everyone? If you could post some suggested gem link setups and options that would be fantastic.

I used Double Strike 4L at the beginning for single traget DPS. Once you have a 6L reave the damage difference is barely noticebale, so I dropped Double Strike since I needed the gem slots for other stuff.
Reave priority order: Reave - Mitlistrike - Inc Melee Dmg - FA - Inc Crit Dmg - Added Fire

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info