[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

I've noticed a couple potential issues with the tree. One is that there seems to be a real lack of accuracy nodes and without a decent bit of accuracy on your gear you might need to switch that up. Also one potential issue while leveling up from the early 80s is that a huge amount of the life nodes are at the very end of the tree meaning you have to skip out on a huge load of important damage skills to tank up.
"
Sarasin wrote:
I've noticed a couple potential issues with the tree. One is that there seems to be a real lack of accuracy nodes and without a decent bit of accuracy on your gear you might need to switch that up. Also one potential issue while leveling up from the early 80s is that a huge amount of the life nodes are at the very end of the tree meaning you have to skip out on a huge load of important damage skills to tank up.

The position of the HP nodes makes me wonder if a Duelist wouldn't simply be more suited for this kind of build. I do not see many good alternatives for hp nodes in the early stage of the build otherwise...
IGN Essence: Shootyah
Last edited by Calden on Sep 4, 2014, 12:37:08 PM
"
Calden wrote:
"
Sarasin wrote:

The position of the HP nodes makes me wonder if a Duelist wouldn't simply be more suited for this kind of build. I do not see many good alternatives for hp nodes in the early stage of the build otherwise...

If you're worried about hp while leveling, I recommend starting from the scion tree. I just rerolled my scion with pretty much the same build and its amazing. Rolling through 78 maps like it's nothing and I just killed normal atziri for the first time.

Here's my tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAF4DlgSxBbUHHgguDkgRlhUgFr8ZjhutHoEi4iP2JP0mlSoLKk0s4SzpMHwxnjWSNdY4ljrhOyg94j8nQsNFCkcGR-JI7klRSn1KyEuNTGBNkk3jUUdVS1b1Vvpd8mBDYeJirGNDZ6BsjG49bqpwUnBWcNV4rn11feOA4YMJh3aJ04w2jX2Nv46KkBuVLpVml9CaE52qo4qkOaZXpn-nNKxmsbO0xbVItfK3F7fTuT6-vMLs0IHTftfL2HbYvdtu29Tb590N4l7nVO1B7YPuDvDV8kXy4fPq9Mb2_PzF_gr-j_66_xz_3g==

I haven't gotten the Written in blood, deflection, or fencing nodes yet because I am only level 86, but I have around 4600 hp and 97k dps.

Last edited by xNuj on Sep 4, 2014, 2:05:23 PM
"
xNuj wrote:
If you're worried about hp while leveling, I recommend starting from the scion tree. I just rerolled my scion with pretty much the same build and its amazing. Rolling through 78 maps like it's nothing and I just killed normal atziri for the first time.

Here's my tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAF4DlgSxBbUHHgguDkgRlhUgFr8ZjhutHoEi4iP2JP0mlSoLKk0s4SzpMHwxnjWSNdY4ljrhOyg94j8nQsNFCkcGR-JI7klRSn1KyEuNTGBNkk3jUUdVS1b1Vvpd8mBDYeJirGNDZ6BsjG49bqpwUnBWcNV4rn11feOA4YMJh3aJ04w2jX2Nv46KkBuVLpVml9CaE52qo4qkOaZXpn-nNKxmsbO0xbVItfK3F7fTuT6-vMLs0IHTftfL2HbYvdtu29Tb590N4l7nVO1B7YPuDvDV8kXy4fPq9Mb2_PzF_gr-j_66_xz_3g==

I haven't gotten the Written in blood, deflection, or fencing nodes yet because I am only level 86, but I have around 4600 hp and 97k dps.

Heh I am working on a DW Crit dagger build with double acrobatics and lightning coil at the moment... Not sure how to build it yet to be honest... I'm trying to work something with cando dual wield build to add Acrobatics and Ongar, but ends up way too high level

No shield :(
"
Sarasin wrote:

1) I have a 85% chance to hit, which is completely sufficient, with only two 260 accuracy rolls on my rings.

2) Even if you completely disregard the scion life wheel, you will still get 144% increased life what equals ~4.4k. This should be fine until late game (and by then you will have points for life wheel).
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
Calden wrote:
Heh I am working on a DW Crit dagger build with double acrobatics and lightning coil at the moment... Not sure how to build it yet to be honest... I'm trying to work something with cando dual wield build to add Acrobatics and Ongar, but ends up way too high level

This is my suggestion for dual wield builds.
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
Calden wrote:

This is my suggestion for dual wield builds.

Yes that is what I am working around... But your build doesn't have the acrobatics keystones nor Ondar... Since I plan to make a DW Crit dagger with Lightning Coil, those keystones would be very valuable no ?

Or maybe I shouldn't focus too much on Lightning Coil and avoid them altogether ?
Dual Wield buils already spend many points on offensive nodes (and if you don't take the dw nodes there is no much reason to go dw in the first place), so I got IR which gives insane defensive value for only 1 point. It is true that LC is very strong with acro/EV, however it also has good synergy with high armor: Your armor will protect you good against small hits, while the LC conversion will protect you against big hits that would pierce through your armor otherwise.
Can you educate me a little on how this build is supposed to survive vs a pack of high phys damage mobs? It has little leech, no IR and just a shield. What am I missing here? Does this build require any expensive gear?
"
Qwark28 wrote:
Can you educate me a little on how this build is supposed to survive vs a pack of high phys damage mobs? It has little leech, no IR and just a shield. What am I missing here? Does this build require any expensive gear?

The 3% life leech from crest of perandus combined with the 2% from Blood Drinker allow you to reach leech cap very easily, resulting in ~1k life/s. No expensive gear is requird for this.
Combined with a high life pool of 5.6k Hp, this will make you really hard to bring down. In case your Hp should drop low, you can also instantly go back to full life again thanks to the new Hp pots and the increased life recovery from the skilltree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info