[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
Paion wrote:
Thanks for the skilltree.

I am going to alter your version for a dual weild frenzy/flicker strike build.
Starting with dual Might Flay for now. See if I like it, play something new.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBsNii2VHZsJL_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDaxs-1Bpn-1SPPqKgtwUonTcNVd8g5IEZaQG3BWmhPb1AcelS7w1UlR44TAnPb8pzRHBth2VvXbbpfQjoq5PqxmLOF949vntMXC7AW1jb9RR-dUJP3_3jB8jX0j9k2So4pMYASxlWYDh3ByG63Tfn11_roAXhmO7YMILniuSO7uDlb6_MW3F4Dh4l44lt0NLOkVICLiR-LQgaQ5Kk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-CvJFOuGmV03j_o8xnn8r1opnoId2Sn1irGyMnaoM8qXLPs-95t3n5oiDvRv2

Me and a new guy to the game are going to give it a try.
He wanted to play dual wield shadow so here we go!

I removed some of the weak nodes that put the point requirement unecessary high and fixed a small pathing issue. Here you go.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
I love the idea of double dipping damage with chaos damge stacks, but of course 25% of a viperstrike is not physical, and you don't get life leech from it...

I'm brain farting and inbetween Reave and Viperstrike.

Reave it is. Nice tree ( final). The theory crafting behind Ondars and no IR makes sense.

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 24, 2014, 4:44:36 PM
"
I love the idea of double dipping damage with chaos damge stacks, but of course 25% of a viperstrike is not physical, and you don't get life leech from it...

I'm brain farting and inbetween Reave and Viperstrike.

I don't like Viper Strike for the following reasons:
1) Viper Strike is single target. You can make it an AoE attack with Melee Splash, however this costs you 1 additional gem slot and you still end up with less AoE compared to a stacked Reave.

2) The Debuff applies only with a 50% chance, meaning half of your attacks are essentially wasted. If you get unlucky and don't crit on the attack that applies the Debuff you will loose out massive DPS.

3) Chaos Damage is more difficult to scale compared to pure phys.

4) Crit builds are about one-shots. With Viper Strike you apply a Debuff that deals Damage over time and loose out on clearspeed as a result.
Hey, going good im lvl 72 but still have problems i know its mostly my gear. I was hopeing you can post your gear? thx man
"
noxyeah1 wrote:
Hey, going good im lvl 72 but still have problems i know its mostly my gear. I was hopeing you can post your gear? thx man

I am currently in the process of adapting my gear to the new skilltree and gems. I will post my gear and ingame stats when everything is set.
HI, thanks for the great build.I got a question here.
Could do viper strike with this build?
"
Lurgee wrote:
HI, thanks for the great build.I got a question here.
Could do viper strike with this build?

You can use Viper Strike with this build, since it scales of your phys damage. For my general opinion on the gem check my comment a few posts above.
Really like this build, playing it in Rampage. It's my first crit dagger build, and I advise it to anyone who hasn't played one yet. Using Reave for AOE and Double strike for single target. Only have a 4L chest, but it's fine even like this.
Which skill are you using for single target? And what are your other skills, besides CWDT and a curse (assassin's mark, I suppose)?
Another questin: how do you think Carcass jack will work with this setup?
"
dmitriyh wrote:
Really like this build, playing it in Rampage. It's my first crit dagger build, and I advise it to anyone who hasn't played one yet. Using Reave for AOE and Double strike for single target. Only have a 4L chest, but it's fine even like this.
Which skill are you using for single target? And what are your other skills, besides CWDT and a curse (assassin's mark, I suppose)?
Another questin: how do you think Carcass jack will work with this setup?

Once I got a 6L I dropped the Double Strike single target attack, because the dmg difference wasn't noticeable anymore and I needed the slots for other gems.
I use 2 CwDt setups(1 low lvl for Curse + EC and 1 high lvl for IC), 1 aura setup, 1 curse setup (3L) and 1 movement setup (3L).
I initially wanted to get a carcass jack because of the AoE and synergy with bino (more dmg means more regen), but the AoE is actually already big enough and you really don't need more dmg on crit builds, so I recommend to get a rare chest with good stats.
First of all; thanks for a great build.

What're your thoughts on converting your build to an acrobatics build utilizing lightning coil for added phys defense instead of armor? I've always liked acro and am intrigued by LC, although I've never used it. Would it need to be major changes to the tree for some reason I haven't thought of? Are there any massive weaknesses to it, like not being able to use some unique items you'd say are almost a necessity? If it's possible without a major build rehaul, what cluster would you say is the easiest to sacrifice for the 4 acro points?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info