More Forsaken Masters Information

Very Nice
Thank's
"
Exile009 wrote:

The problem with both your answer and dandan88s' is that you're both talking as if this is "work". Your argument makes sense in the context of a job or project. But this isn't work. This is a game! Its' entire purpose is for people to have fun! Applying a work attitude to a non-work context is just silly. Games should be challenging, sure. People enjoy that. But they should be challenging upto the point and in a way that they are still enjoyable. Beyond that makes no sense because then they cease to fulfil their primary function. Then they becomes another responsibility. And, unlike our other responsibilities, we can choose to abandon this one. We don't want to because there's so many other things about PoE that we love. We just want the game to become better at fulfilling its' primary function - to entertain us. We want this to work as a GAME, not as a TASK/JOB. And that means doing what we love here - slaying monsters, NOT endlessly trading or crafting. The latter two firmly belong in the 'Task/Job' category cos I've literally never heard anyone say that they enjoyed either of them.

Well, the problem is that the game, from the beggining, makes you work a lot.

Here is a list:

-You have to plan a build.
-You better know economy, and not for the trading, for the mapping (resources management!).
-You have to study the complex mechanics in the game.
-You'd better know some mathematics.

Some people have fun doing complicated tasks, to feel they achieved something. And this game caters to this people. 6L is not probably the better example of something to feel achieved, but it works.

Some people enjoy to start and make their own projects. In this case, builds. It's the same enjoyment you could get doing an engineering project or solving math/physics/economic problems. Yes, it's a job/task, but you can grow proud because of your actions.

The problem with 6L wasn't that it was hard work to get one, it was the insane risk obtaining one if you wished to craft it.

And 6L was always used as an ultimate upgrade to a build anyway.

So, if you think is too much work to farm the currency, save it during a long, long time, when you are doing other things. Or start some kind of service. It's intectually stimulating to read about that player that started a 5L service. Not your common kind of RPG, but it can be fun on its way to find new ways to play the game. This game has become a Diablo/Eve Online hybrid.

Divide the task to not become insane. This will take time, but the game offers you lots of tools to make the grind fun (and with the expansion, the grind will become a lot more varied!). People literally grinded Diablo 2 many years, this game offers more variety to play.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Aug 2, 2014, 11:10:26 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

The problem with both your answer and dandan88s' is that you're both talking as if this is "work". Your argument makes sense in the context of a job or project. But this isn't work. This is a game! Its' entire purpose is for people to have fun! Applying a work attitude to a non-work context is just silly. Games should be challenging, sure. People enjoy that. But they should be challenging upto the point and in a way that they are still enjoyable. Beyond that makes no sense because then they cease to fulfil their primary function. Then they becomes another responsibility. And, unlike our other responsibilities, we can choose to abandon this one. We don't want to because there's so many other things about PoE that we love. We just want the game to become better at fulfilling its' primary function - to entertain us. We want this to work as a GAME, not as a TASK/JOB. And that means doing what we love here - slaying monsters, NOT endlessly trading or crafting. The latter two firmly belong in the 'Task/Job' category cos I've literally never heard anyone say that they enjoyed either of them.

Well, the problem is that the game, from the beggining, makes you work a lot.

Here is a list:

-You have to plan a build.
-You better know economy, and not for the trading, for the mapping (resources management!).
-You have to study the complex mechanics in the game.
-You'd better know some mathematics.

Some people have fun doing complicated tasks, to feel they achieved something. And this game caters to this people. 6L is not probably the better example of something to feel achieved, but it works.

Some people enjoy to start and make their own projects. In this case, builds. It's the same enjoyment you could get doing an engineering project or solving math/physics/economic problems. Yes, it's a job/task, but you can grow proud because of your actions.

The problem with 6L wasn't that it was hard work to get one, it was the insane risk obtaining one if you wished to craft it.

And 6L was always used as an ultimate upgrade to a build anyway.

So, if you think is too much work to farm the currency, save it during a long, long time, when you are doing other things. Or start some kind of service. It's intectually stimulating to read about that player that started a 5L service. Not your common kind of RPG, but it can be fun on its way to find new ways to play the game. This game has become a Diablo/Eve Online hybrid.

Divide the task to not become insane. This will take time, but the game offers you lots of tools to make the grind fun (and with the expansion, the grind will become a lot more varied!). People literally grinded Diablo 2 many years, this game offers more variety to play.

+1. :)
You guys know how to keep us all excited. Good job.
"
Ascendic wrote:

Many including myself have posted several times explaining that the issue for many people who do not have time to log in for dozens of hours each day is that the leagues are in fact TOO SHORT.
We need 6-8 month leagues not 3 month leagues.

i'm too voting for the option of not having a item migration to permanent leagues between the coming 2 * 3 month temp leagues but a swap of properties of hardcore and non-hardcore versions.

i do recognize that temp leagues should be competitional and so a majority of players shouldn't get all challenges done but 3 months seem really, really short for occasional gamers.

it all depends on the challenges though.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Chris wrote:
Skill Balance and Mana Costs
We've rebalanced many skills in 1.2.0. Some of the less-frequently used skills have received power buffs

After having my best character nerfed a couple of times just as I'm getting used to the idea that I'll soon be able to do end-game content I now know that "less-frequently used skills have received power buffs" is GGG-speak for "the most popular builds have been castrated".

Popular doesn't necessarily mean bad - I'm familiar with the Kiwi tall-poppy syndrome but why must you nerf my toon every time I start to feel like I'm having fun? I'm not going to keep playing (and paying) if I have to keep making new builds - not because I want to but because the current ones are rendered impotent.

I pray that I'm wrong this time but you did feature a toon similar to mine in build-of-the-week a wee while back. That's often the kiss of death.

<fingers crossed>
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
"
Coolmer wrote:

You must be joking 15-20 alts per run, where your run starts (iin "The city of sarn"?) and how long you need for that run .... full inv of rares is about 2-3 alts

GGG needs to check your logs, i am rlly concerned that u violate game rules and duplicate your items at vendor.

If you recently downloaded Path of exile within the past 1 or 2 months, I would like to apologize for not explaining further.

However if you have been playing this game for more than 6 months and you still make such noobish statement , I seriously have nothing better to say.

Below is a short video which I made with my Arcer Witch.

I normally use my Dual Flame or Incinerate Totem witch to farm because I get way more items than my Arcer because I can easily stack more MF on cull.

I normally do not do videos because with Bandicam up, I lag like a freaking retard on my 7 year old Laptop.

I am doing around 186 MF on switch Cull, and I get an average of about 9 to 12 Alts on a half decent run. A good run would normally get me about 15 Alts.

My Dual Flame or Incinerate Totems do an average of 15 to 20 Alts per run conservatively
With about 250 MF on Cull.

My Arcer which is shown in this video has about 70 MF less. Lets not compare to those solo MF builds with 300 MF and up.

http://youtu.be/XECFKz07Biw
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
"
I pray that I'm wrong this time but you did feature a toon similar to mine in build-of-the-week a wee while back. That's often the kiss of death.

You should expect a heavy hit on Auras, they terribly failed to do so last time when they thought they have nerfed Auras. So if a build is only viable because it runs a lot Auras that build might not be viable anymore. Although that is pure speculation.

Although that would most likely just mean a bit of respeccing. And if it isn't a Ele-Lowlife char there should be no problems, because most other builds can go a new route fairly quickly exspecially with a full respecc.

"
Impossible to get 1500 fuses in 2 weeks? You got to be kidding.
A quick dominus run drops between 3-6 rare helmets, and a dominus run takes between 3-5 minutes for my character.
From the helmets alone, utilizing the alch recipe, i get 1-2 alch orbs from a dominus run.
Utilizing the chaos orb recipe, i get between 0.5-1 chaos per run, consistently.
Selling the rest off, i get about 3-4 alterations per run (a little less than other people, since i am utilizing the chaos and alch recipe aswell).

There are a lot of unhealthy assumptions. First the majority of players most likely take far more than 3-5 minutes for Dominus, if they can farm him at all. Second those amount of drops imply above average IIR as well which is unlikely for the average player. And last you seem to think that the average player enjoys running up to Dominus basically all day. 2 Weaks for an average player is most likely about 15-30 hours of playtime. Of course you could in theory do 180-360 Runs in this time, which would earn people by your math 1350-2700 Fusings. The lower end of this range doesn't even get the required amount in 2 Weeks, even with this incredibly unlikely values for the average player. So in sum thats just a very elitist oppinion that most likely doesn't hit the mark. I doubt that the average player who just can't invest so much time in PoE would want to use that time to do boring farming yet alone invest time to build a dedicated farming character, because thats requires a high investment in the first place.

"
Hmmm, we will see. But isn't 1500 fusions a little too much?
Something like crafting skill will be also awesome in near future.

"
1500 is for a casual player still a long way so we should respect that there are different opinions on that meta. but even for them - at the end you have the six linked item you want so simply choose wisely which one you will link.

but hopefully they dont make it harder to six socket (i have the feeling after using like 1500 on one of my "crafting" tries and no six socket but i guess its just bad rng...)

Well right now you can get lucky with far more, but how it is worded it seems as if the average amount of fusings required to 6l isn't that much lower. So maybe it is 1200. There are a lot of 6l lotteries, which are mostly just a scam to get stupid people to link your item, but I assume that there are as much lucky people that get a quick 6l as there are unlucky that waste a lot of fusing without getting it linked. And there is also a number of people who used fusing but stopped and never got a 6l.

So this change helps exspecially for more casual players. Yes 1500 is a very big number, but its something you can work for. Its a very definite goal. A wealthy player should if he is smart still use the gamble. Because most likely he is aiming for several 6l items, which should average out more than the one a casual attempts. So he will hit the average fusing-consumption much more likely which is lower than 1500. We should also consider that getting a definite 5l is most likely a lot cheaper and a more likely goal for the average player as a goal.

Also this number seems easily adjustable, if there is room to adjust it. It should never get near or below the value of random fusing, because then wealthy players would benefit from it incredibly, because it is very unlikly for them to get lucky with many 6l attempts, so they will just pay the fixed prize.

"
I was wondering if there will be a way for the game to remember how many fusing u had donated to craft a 6L item? To have that 1500 fusing in your stash at one time seems a bit over the top to me anyways. I know some peeps will say "buy more stash tabs" and that my plan in the next month or so anyways. Just thought it would be nice if say u could donate say a minimum of 100 or so at a time. Just an idea

What I would really like is a stack-increase for some of the currency-items. Exspecially the Slot-related ones and alchemy orbs, maybe even chaos. It would be a small comfort-improvement.

"
GooberM wrote:
"
jaredh wrote:

Eventually GGG is going to come around on this, just like every other MMO/ARPG has. The elitist attitude that since a person plays all the time it means they are the only ones who should get to experience the ultimate game is a mindset that needs to be shown the door on every game ever created. There is no justification for someone who plays 16 hours/day to have any better experience than me in the end, or the new guy who just started who wants to go win the game.

Entitlement at it's best.

It's because of people like you, who want everything handed to them on a silver platter, that games are turning causal.

There is a very fair point with this. The game should be fun, regardless how much time you have to play it. If the game only is fun if you have a 6l thats something GGG has to address. Although its less about 6l than certain items. Exspecially having the totally OP items still in the game is a bad thing. The game is mainly balanced around standard, since most of the players play in this league (or well it should be). And a player in this league seeing other players running incredible builds with Legacy Shavs, Kaoms, Soultaker etc. of course wants something similar himself. With more and more legacy items we will come to the point where a completly legacy equiped character will be basically indestructible, because his power-level is so far above everyones else that either the game is balanced for such characters and basically unplayable for everybody else or it isn't and those character can destroy any content with easy and farm incredible amounts of currency, which some even now use to strangle the economy. There are people selling dozens of Atziris Acuity Gloves and while this is an item which amount is still increasing it might be fairly easy to control the market for certain legacy items later on. And as soon as they improve the difficulty because the content gets too easy for a few people it actually really hurts players that have less time to spend.
First off let me say that i'm a non-casual player who doesn't own a 6-link. I have used borrowed ones though and I would like to inform other players who don't own a 6 link that if you can not survive an encounter using a 5-link, getting a 6-link wont help you.

One thing I've noticed about all the posts concerning 6-link items is that everyone who is on the complaining side of things seems to think that 6-links are necessary for enjoyment/ access to the full game. This is not true. A simple youtube search will yield plenty of video evidence of this statement.

If GGG removed all 6 links from the game would you then be ok with only having a 5-link? Or would ppl with only 4-links then complain about 5-links being to hard to get?

How about having a third league called casual. Same rules as standard only every item in the game has maxed linked sockets and is available from vendors for 1 fusing starting at lvl 1. But you can only play in the league for 60 minutes each calendar day and then you get locked out. Casual players will then have their own message board where they can complain about things like not being able to get 1 fusing till lvl 10 even though the items are available from lvl 1, or how there's no 7 or 8 link items in the game and they really really need them. (BoR and the like of course being excluded).

Second item:
Spoiler
GGG - had you mentioned in the OP that you are increasing the stack size of some currency items you could have avoided the panic attacks some ppl are having over the 1500 fusing thing.
I'd just like to say I agree with Emphasy regarding the 1500 fuse for the average player. I don't have a dedicated MF Dom run character, I have toons that can farm her at will with a bit of MF and those what are lucky to kill her everytime w/o facing some deaths and then those that can kill her but it takes forever.

Not everyone has a pimped out IR/IQ toon that AFK Dom or wants to split farm this game.

That said, I don't know that I have a problem with the price tag of 1500, outside it really does punish playing this game freely. It's something anyone can work towards, so that's a good thing. It will define the value of a 6L as well, so prices should become more stable.

It is a large amount of currency for most players regardless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info