More Forsaken Masters Information

"
Route1 wrote:
"
chosk80 wrote:
"

I farmed 2000 fuses in 1,5 month. The problem with you is that you want your 6L yesterday. You can trade , farm dominus and vendors are there.. what else you need? Its ARPG game the phylosophy around it is based on grind , dont w8 for santa claus.. GRIND!

You must be joking.

That can be done in a fucking week or two at max after you get a high magic find char up and safe enough to redo dominus over and over again.

I average about 15 to 20 alts selling off all the rare items per run.

takes me 2 days of intense playing to fill up a whole stash with jewellers

converting jewellers to fusings id 4 : 1 ratio thats not very hard.

not to mention that you might pick up fusings and jewllers along the way and maybe an exalt or 2 and other currencies plus very sellable uniques which you can resell easy for fusings.

pretty sure it doesn't take 1.5 months to get 1500 fuse.

what if I simply dont want to do this? Why and I forced to do this?

Sorry man but is that simple. Grind to get your loot. If you dont want to do this you are playing the wrong game cause the game is all about grind. If you dont want to grind then why you playing a grinding game?
"
Chris wrote:

New Challenge League Durations
We typically run four-month challenge leagues because our expansions take four to five months to make. The next big slice of content is due in approximately March, so rather than running six-month challenge leagues, we're going to do two sets of three-month leagues. This is partly because we have so many cool ideas for challenge leagues and starting new ones in December for the Christmas period is a convenient possibility.

Players often report that the last few weeks of the four-month leagues are somewhat stale as people wait for them to merge with Standard. We were initially concerned that shortening them to three months would just move the stale period, but we're now relatively confident that this effect is because players have become better at playing Path of Exile efficiently since release (reaching higher levels and end-game content/crafting more quickly). We'll keep a close eye on how these leagues go and will plan our next challenge leagues around the data and feedback we receive.

If you think the reason leagues become stale is because people have completed all the content then you are not listening. Many including myself have posted several times explaining that the issue for many people who do not have time to log in for dozens of hours each day is that the leagues are in fact TOO SHORT. After a high level death or two there is no point continuing because the league will be ending by the time you get back to where you were. Shortening leagues will only compound this problem.

Once again you are catering to the few players who are completing the end game content and not the majority who do not. Take a look at your own statistics for further proof. How many completed all the challenges? How many defeated Atziri? How many reached level 100? They are minuscule compared to the total players competing in the challenge league.

We need 6-8 month leagues not 3 month leagues. I was looking forward to this league and now I am thinking of skipping it altogether since it will probably not be worth my time.
"

No i am dead serious. Not everyone 24/7 and for sure i am not a bot. Need sleep , food and real life. You do it in two weeks (which is impossible), i do it in 1,5 month.

Impossible to get 1500 fuses in 2 weeks? You got to be kidding.
A quick dominus run drops between 3-6 rare helmets, and a dominus run takes between 3-5 minutes for my character.
From the helmets alone, utilizing the alch recipe, i get 1-2 alch orbs from a dominus run.
Utilizing the chaos orb recipe, i get between 0.5-1 chaos per run, consistently.
Selling the rest off, i get about 3-4 alterations per run (a little less than other people, since i am utilizing the chaos and alch recipe aswell).

All in all, i get about 6-9 alchemy (depending on the chaos to alch conversion ratio) orbs worth of currency per dominus run, just from using the recipes for the rare items and selling the rest.
This does not even include the amount of currency that i make off of selling uniques from dominus, and for the sake of argument, im gonna ignore that currency income.

If the conversion ratio between fusings and alchs is 1:1 (which it usually is), i basically get around 7.5 alchemy orbs per dominus run, ill round that down to 7 for your convenience.
I basically make atleast 7 fusings per 5 minutes of farming dominus.
In order to farm 1500 fusings, i just need to farm 17 hours total.
Even if i play only 2 hours per day, i can easily farm all the 1500 fusings in just under 9 days, just from the crafted currency alone.

Farming 1500 fusings in 2 weeks is not only possible, i dont see how it is possible to NOT farm 1500 fusings in 2 weeks, if you specifically farm currencies with a dedicated farming character.
Even in maps, farming 1500 fusings in 2 weeks is the norm i think, as long as you use the currency recipes.
A no lifer will farm 10k fusings in 2 weeks, as i have done myself in the past.
Even more tbh, since the amount of uniques that dominus drops is extremely high, netting you exalts every now and then.

On top of this, i know of people that farm dominus a lot faster than my main character (those 5 minutes include selling time).
I have seen people that need only 30-45 seconds to reach dominus, and only another 30-45 seconds to kill him off. They stash the rares for later inspection and go for another dominus run.
Those people can make 1500 fusings in less than a week easily, even if they only play 1 hour per day.

The people that usually complain about the slow farming rate are usually people that just dont know how to farm efficiently, such as yourself.
Its not about the hours invested alone, its about how efficiently you invest those hours.
If a dominus run for you takes 15 minutes and you dont utilize any of the rare recipes, you will be looking at a farming rate of 3-4 alterations per 15 minutes, which just doesnt cut it if you are aiming for the 6linked items.
The majority of the playerbase does not have a dedicated farming character than can farm so fast. On top of that, they usually dont even use the rare recipes to gain pure currencies, thus they should not expect to be able to farm as much as the people that do have dedicated farming characters.
Last edited by gh0un on Aug 2, 2014, 2:36:05 PM
poe kicking d3 on the right spot...

nice work ggg...
"
gh0un wrote:
"

No i am dead serious. Not everyone 24/7 and for sure i am not a bot. Need sleep , food and real life. You do it in two weeks (which is impossible), i do it in 1,5 month.

Impossible to get 1500 fuses in 2 weeks? You got to be kidding.
A quick dominus run drops between 3-6 rare helmets, and a dominus run takes between 3-5 minutes for my character.
From the helmets alone, utilizing the alch recipe, i get 1-2 alch orbs from a dominus run.
Utilizing the chaos orb recipe, i get between 0.5-1 chaos per run, consistently.
Selling the rest off, i get about 3-4 alterations per run (a little less than other people, since i am utilizing the chaos and alch recipe aswell).

All in all, i get about 6-9 alchemy (depending on the chaos to alch conversion ratio) orbs worth of currency per dominus run, just from using the recipes for the rare items and selling the rest.
This does not even include the amount of currency that i make off of selling uniques from dominus, and for the sake of argument, im gonna ignore that currency income.

If the conversion ratio between fusings and alchs is 1:1 (which it usually is), i basically get around 7.5 alchemy orbs per dominus run, ill round that down to 7 for your convenience.
I basically make atleast 7 fusings per 5 minutes of farming dominus.
In order to farm 1500 fusings, i just need to farm 17 hours total.
Even if i play only 2 hours per day, i can easily farm all the 1500 fusings in just under 9 days, just from the crafted currency alone.

Farming 1500 fusings in 2 weeks is not only possible, i dont see how it is possible to NOT farm 1500 fusings in 2 weeks, if you specifically farm currencies with a dedicated farming character.
Even in maps, farming 1500 fusings in 2 weeks is the norm i think, as long as you use the currency recipes.
A no lifer will farm 10k fusings in 2 weeks, as i have done myself in the past.
Even more tbh, since the amount of uniques that dominus drops is extremely high, netting you exalts every now and then.

On top of this, i know of people that farm dominus a lot faster than my main character (those 5 minutes include selling time).
I have seen people that need only 30-45 seconds to reach dominus, and only another 30-45 seconds to kill him off. They stash the rares for later inspection and go for another dominus run.
Those people can make 1500 fusings in less than a week easily, even if they only play 1 hour per day.

The people that usually complain about the slow farming rate are usually people that just dont know how to farm efficiently, such as yourself.
Its not about the hours invested alone, its about how efficiently you invest those hours.
If a dominus run for you takes 15 minutes and you dont utilize any of the rare recipes, you will be looking at a farming rate of 3-4 alterations per 15 minutes, which just doesnt cut it if you are aiming for the 6linked items.

How i got into this? :O I was arguing with people who complain about 1500 fus are too much. Anyway as i said i dont 24/7 and i am not a bot. I enjoy the game with my own way. I am not configuring a programm in my brain and saying for 2 weeks i will farm only dominus for recipes or some shit , i want to play the actual game too instead of spending my time to flip those alchemies.

Efficient or not i am not going to get a medal for the most effiecient player in PoE. Peace.
"
dandan88 wrote:

Trading simulator LOL almost fell out of my seat. What you want is what D3 is, so go play that. They're even trying to copy POE with ladders and realms or whatever they're called so you'll feel right at home. But when you inevitably come back to POE, don't try and impose your bullshit "i don't wanna trade or grind or earn anything I DESERVE A 6 LINK" attitude on the rest of us.

Oh stop it. No one here is even coming close to saying "I DESERVE a 6L". At all. In fact pretty much everyone here that have concerns say they're grinding and farming. They're PLAYING. We are earning our own things. All we're asking for are reasonable prices or even a crafting system that actually makes sense.

and sorry, but GGG said it themselves that the game economy is the most important part of the game to them. If you want to be truly decked out in this game most of what you'll be doing is flipping flipping flipping. It IS a trading simulator since trading and flipping is really the only way you're going to get *good* end-game gear outside of just buying it with currency.
"

That can be done in a fucking week or two at max after you get a high magic find char up and safe enough to redo dominus over and over again.

I average about 15 to 20 alts selling off all the rare items per run.

takes me 2 days of intense playing to fill up a whole stash with jewellers

converting jewellers to fusings id 4 : 1 ratio thats not very hard.

not to mention that you might pick up fusings and jewllers along the way and maybe an exalt or 2 and other currencies plus very sellable uniques which you can resell easy for fusings.

pretty sure it doesn't take 1.5 months to get 1500 fuse.

what if I simply dont want to do this? Why and I forced to do this?[/quote]

Sorry man but is that simple. Grind to get your loot. If you dont want to do this you are playing the wrong game cause the game is all about grind. If you dont want to grind then why you playing a grinding game?[/quote]

I *do* grind. I was saying that I simply do not have any interest in trading or flipping items or currency, which is the real path of wealth in this game.
"
Route1 wrote:
"
dandan88 wrote:

Trading simulator LOL almost fell out of my seat. What you want is what D3 is, so go play that. They're even trying to copy POE with ladders and realms or whatever they're called so you'll feel right at home. But when you inevitably come back to POE, don't try and impose your bullshit "i don't wanna trade or grind or earn anything I DESERVE A 6 LINK" attitude on the rest of us.

Oh stop it. No one here is even coming close to saying "I DESERVE a 6L". At all. In fact pretty much everyone here that have concerns say they're grinding and farming. They're PLAYING. We are earning our own things. All we're asking for are reasonable prices or even a crafting system that actually makes sense.

and sorry, but GGG said it themselves that the game economy is the most important part of the game to them. If you want to be truly decked out in this game most of what you'll be doing is flipping flipping flipping. It IS a trading simulator since trading and flipping is really the only way you're going to get *good* end-game gear outside of just buying it with currency.

What is reasonable?
You can actually work towards a 6-L. You could have one in a year or two months, depending on what you know about the game and the time you have.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:
"
dandan88 wrote:

What is reasonable?
You can actually work towards a 6-L. You could have one in a year or two months, depending on what you know about the game and the time you have.

The problem with both your answer and dandan88s' is that you're both talking as if this is "work". Your argument makes sense in the context of a job or project. But this isn't work. This is a game! Its' entire purpose is for people to have fun! Applying a work attitude to a non-work context is just silly. Games should be challenging, sure. People enjoy that. But they should be challenging upto the point and in a way that they are still enjoyable. Beyond that makes no sense because then they cease to fulfil their primary function. Then they becomes another responsibility. And, unlike our other responsibilities, we can choose to abandon this one. We don't want to because there's so many other things about PoE that we love. We just want the game to become better at fulfilling its' primary function - to entertain us. We want this to work as a GAME, not as a TASK/JOB. And that means doing what we love here - slaying monsters, NOT endlessly trading or crafting. The latter two firmly belong in the 'Task/Job' category cos I've literally never heard anyone say that they enjoyed either of them.
In addition to Hard core and standard, maybe there needs to be another league where the high level currency is nerfed and everything of value has be found by killing monsters or crafted. Perhaps by "destroying" rares a player could collect prefixes, suffixes and traits to add to new items he is crafting. The new important currency would be found rare items. If you really wanted to have this league's players focus on game play, then don't allow traded or bought items to be used.

Leagues don't seem too difficult to create, so why not make one that de-emphasizes the economy and emphasizes killing high level bosses and precision crafting?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info