August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

Yay we got the mana women back! The mana women are super.

I think what Im seeing in this new screenshot is a vast improvement on both the last screenshot and the current UI, it looks great imo. I made a post in the art feedback forum on it, I think in general the direction of the change is great, and the details are shaping up with this second shot.

"
Chris wrote:

We changed it away from the new statues because we agreed with some of the feedback. We're trying to be very clear that they're going to change again in the future.

noooooooo dont away the mana women again. :D

noooooo

I think actually they fit with the whole roman thing, I like the way the game isnt strictly adhering to something but fits the vibe of classical civilizations, and I think they fit the vibe personally.

"
RyogaHibiki wrote:

If GGG is insisting on changing the UI for whatever reason, at least make a variety of selectable UI choices to keep your players happy since not everyone will be pleased with just one choice. (and make our current UI one of the choices!)

thats the worst thing you can do. Where does that reasoning end? Have an option for everything visual in the game because different people like different things? You make a choice that you as an artist are happy with and thats what it is, sure its open to negotiation, art is communication and hence how it comes across to others is important. But you cant waste resources and put things you dont 'believe in' in the game because someone else might prefer it. While it may have compromises to many people you put in what you think is the best solution when all things are considred. This is their game, we give our feedback and they listen, but its the amazing game it is because they put their foot down and say "this is how it should be" on issues, even if we dont all agree.
Now that there is a pop-up menu, would putting the micro-transaction button in there not suffice? I understand you might want newer players to notice it more.

I personally don't have any issues with the UI as it is. I've probably been playing for too long to not be bothered by how it looks, I honestly completely forgot the $ sign is on the current in-game UI till someone brought it up.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
Last edited by Isindel on Jul 29, 2014, 2:49:54 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I hope this means that buff/debuffs are now going to be displayed at the bottom of the screen in the middle, instead of at the top.

+1

"
I still hope that game will remain true to it's root's, keeping it's own unique gothic art style with blood, gore and naked chicks, and not some generic stuff like roman, eastern, scandinavic or whatever else... That's not some Titan Quest or anything...

It's not that gothic. It mixes a lot of maori, roman and renaissance in the art, with lots of gore. And roman is not that overused anyway. I'd rather see...Solaris and Lunaris (?) with the proper art.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 29, 2014, 2:52:19 AM
Nice work guys. I love the new UI, and love even more the commitment to keep improving the game. It's really appreciated.

For the statues, I distinctly remember the mana and life orbs being the first thing I noticed when I started up my first character - it made me think "wow, this game is DARK". The elements I love most about them were the looks of desperation, the impoverished feeling from the rags they wear, and most importantly, the chains. The whole picture beautifully sets the tone for a dark, gritty game set in a world with little hope, and it's done effectively with something as small as a UI element. The proposed statues, with well-fed people, upturned faced, and no obvious bindings, just seems a step in the wrong direction.

I understand the interest in decreasing their size to expose more of the globes, in switching to a more roman style, and even the gender switch (near-naked women in games is always a charged issue). Still, I would love to see the next iteration including desperate people, in rags and chains, since it is so effective at establishing the setting for new and experienced players.
Girls? Naked templars? I wouln'y mind some naked aliens, or Hentai creatures. :)

I really like the new "mercenary" guys, whatever they are, i hope they bring some crazy good game mechanic to the POE. :)
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
"
shanepaw123 wrote:
New waypoint?! Does this mean a new act or a a new area will be added to current acts?

There suppose to be sewerage entrance there, I wonder where it goes.
Hey, I like that the chained statues are back - the new ones don't really fit because they just seem like part of the art on the interface, while the people chained to the orbs look a lot cooler (i.e. there's a story there).

Could the shop button be placed below the menu button? It looks like there's room there, unless that's a button that does something else.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Jul 29, 2014, 2:52:57 AM
Keep the current color, shop icon from the current UI. Menu button still looks like it was made in 2 minutes using photoshop. The potion area looks like it was made in 1990. Whats wrong with how it is currently?
Okay so I made two changes to this new UI.

First off, move the Shop Menu over to where ALL the other menus are, or just consolidate it into the new pop-up list that appears. It simply doesn't make sense to have all but one menu accessed from the same button.

Second, where that little gem thing is next to skills, I put two of them. One goes up, another down. If you couldn't guess, this is a request to add multiple hotbars.
Simply adding more hotbars to the screen would clutter it, but by allowing players to save multiple skill layouts you could streamline setup time when entering areas, fighting bosses, summoning/casting, etc. This would also absolutely not unbalance the game, as it's not like you can equip more abilities than before. It's just CONVENIENT.

Imagine... Load into area. Click up a bar to go to your prep setup. In it you've put auras and spells that reserve mana or otherwise only have to be cast once. Click down a bar to go to your basic combat setup, which is either casting+summons or attack skills. Down another bar to access your boss setup, where your AoE's are swapped out for beastly single target attacks.
Doesn't that sound better?
Note that switching hotbars would NOT change what gems are equipped, only which skill icons are displayed.

*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
I was gonna get all annoyed at how bright and large the menu button was (Which made it super distracting/eye catching) and how the Shop button was too distracting and then you've gone and already remedied the issues... -_-"

Next time wait for me to get annoyed please before fixing the issues!

I'm indifferent to changing the statues on the HUD.

Edit: I like the guys mock up in the post above mine, moving the Shop button to underneath the Menu button is pretty sound change. If you want multiple skill bars then his idea is also a pretty good way to handle it (I'm okay if you don't go for the skill bar idea straight away).

This would keep the skill bar area of the UI clean and simple.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 29, 2014, 3:05:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info