What Happens when the Ambush and Invasion Leagues end this Weekend?

"
I wonder how many people actually play the game with a focused interest on the story, quests, big battles 'n such, like I do. Seems like most of the population, at least in the forums, is only interested in temporary leagues 'n races.

Well I do like the story but when you played like 50 characters untill end game it gets pretty stale, specially considering you have to play it 3 times(1time for each difficullty).

I am still enjoying the game though, I love making new characters and grind my way to end game every time.
"
I wonder how many people actually play the game with a focused interest on the story, quests, big battles 'n such, like I do. Seems like most of the population, at least in the forums, is only interested in temporary leagues 'n races.

You forgot trading and gambling.

I do races, 4 month leagues and play in both standard and hardcore. I dont really trade at all and just kill stuff.
Yeah, I'm still very new to the game, and although I don't see myself gettin' bored with the story after I've gone through it several times, I understand that could make it dull for others.
"
S_Guy wrote:
After reading this thread:
Hey. Hey guys. I have the craziest of all ideas regarding those Remove Only tabs.
Okay now ... this is a really twisted theory, but stay with me on this one.
Maybe ... just maybe ... you could REMOVE those items out of their Remove Only tabs and stop hording those tabs Ö_Ö

+1 quit abusing an unintended mechanic. I hope they don't allow linking from R/O tabs as well.
can't wait for the new leagues to start! Invasion was fun!
"
BananaJams wrote:
"
S_Guy wrote:
After reading this thread:
Hey. Hey guys. I have the craziest of all ideas regarding those Remove Only tabs.
Okay now ... this is a really twisted theory, but stay with me on this one.
Maybe ... just maybe ... you could REMOVE those items out of their Remove Only tabs and stop hording those tabs Ö_Ö

+1 quit abusing an unintended mechanic. I hope they don't allow linking from R/O tabs as well.
I was a little surprised to hear that "remove only" tabs are available in new 4 month leagues. Doesn't that basically invalidate a "clean start" premise for new leagues? On account of those leagues being new, and all that.

I'd settle for GGG making it easier to organize our virtual junk (searching, sorting, mass disposal of stssh items, that kind of thing). I see no reason why remove only tabs should be usable in new leagues, if that's what is happening.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jul 6, 2014, 11:41:57 AM
"
Tyreneko wrote:
"
"
Tyreneko wrote:
Why wouldn't you have the 1-Month event start as he old Leagues finished?

All I'm seeing in 'Standard' at the moment is "Trade me for free items", everyone deleting their old characters.

Very disappointed to see I have to wait until next weekend to play Path of Exile and have it actually mean something rather than playing in the dead league.

Calling the only league that actually matters a dead league = lol.

What? Hahah!

The league where characters go to be pieced out to players for free and or deleted?

Yeah, rightoh bud.

Stating that lunatics prefer starting over and over like a hamster spinning in a wheel instead of playing on a permanent league where all their work pays off doesn't actually support your position.

Standard is the only permanent league that a person can play on until they fully quit the game, therefore it is the only league that actually matters.

The temporary leagues are only there to beta test content for standard and hardcore and keep kids busy and distracted from the lack of actual content updates.

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
BananaJams wrote:

quit abusing an unintended mechanic.

To those claiming that people keeping RO tabs forever was unintended - where's the GGG quote on that? Because it should have been really obvious right from the start that this would happen, especially since there was data from how long those tabs from races were kept around way, way before four month leagues were introduced.

"
I was a little surprised to hear that "remove only" tabs are available in new 4 month leagues. Doesn't that basically invalidate a "clean start" premise for new leagues? On account of those leagues being new, and all that.

That's something entirely different :-). Those are race rewards you are free to choose in which league to claim and use. And by the time you can do so, the regular items (apart from the legacy versions that were brought back as rewards) are long available on the market, anyway. Also, there are far less than people think, e.g. the total number of reclaimable Andvarius from Season 6 is 2189 and not "zOmG everyone but poor me will have one" as some people apparently believed... ;-)
"
Alysma wrote:
"
BananaJams wrote:

To those claiming that people keeping RO tabs forever was unintended - where's the GGG quote on that? Because it should have been really obvious right from the start that this would happen, especially since there was data from how long those tabs from races were kept around way, way before four month leagues were introduced.

"

That's something entirely different :-). Those are race rewards you are free to choose in which league to claim and use. And by the time you can do so, the regular items (apart from the legacy versions that were brought back as rewards) are long available on the market, anyway. Also, there are far less than people think, e.g. the total number of reclaimable Andvarius from Season 6 is 2189 and not "zOmG everyone but poor me will have one" as some people apparently believed... ;-)

Your reply is irrelevant to the statement. New leagues are new leagues, they've gone against that premise by allowing you to obtain items without even playing it, just do races.. What is the point in grinding for weeks for something that may never come when you can play leagues and get a guaranteed item for your time invested. If you can't see the failed logic in this, then it proves the people they cater too.
"
Peenk wrote:
Spoiler
"
Alysma wrote:
"
BananaJams wrote:

"

Your reply is irrelevant to the statement. New leagues are new leagues, they've gone against that premise by allowing you to obtain items without even playing it, just do races.. What is the point in grinding for weeks for something that may never come when you can play leagues and get a guaranteed item for your time invested. If you can't see the failed logic in this, then it proves the people they cater too.

There's no point in having intermediate race rewards (and no incentive to race if you can't make top three) if they go (again) to a league you might not be interested in playing in. Also, you have to invest time in racing instead of playing the other leagues. And there's a delay between the start of a new league and when you can choose to use an item so the effect on the economy isn't that big anyway. Basically, the trade-offs are fair enough, I think. In any case, this has been debated ad nauseam already, there's no need to drag the discussion through another round of the same arguments. I just wanted to explain those tabs to EnjoyTheJourney. :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info