What Happens when the Ambush and Invasion Leagues end this Weekend?

"
bitV wrote:
"
"

You dont understand it. Remove only tabs are there to move items from one league to another and if you keep them around forever thats like stealing from someone who has been nice to you.

GGG cant do it any other way sadly or people will be pissed that items get deleted along with the remove only tabs or i would this is what they should be doing but they just cant. This is the best way to do it, buy tabs and get remove only tabs converted or leave the tabs as they are. Either way, no one here paid for the remove only tabs so they are basically just loaned out space for your items you found in their game.

I really must not understand it at all.

How does GGG having to introduce this change, in any way, shape or form, excuse that the change is not well thought out and not well implemented?

Or are you telling me that rolling a D20 and adding your luck modifier whenever you buy a stash tab is the optimal and best way to decide which of your 20 RO tabs gets "upgraded"?

Cause that's what (at least my post, that you replied to) is referencing.

^ This.

If GGG want to stop people hoarding RO tabs that's fine, but there are FAR better options available than auto-merging them.

Even something like having 1 month to clear the tabs and take what you want starting from when you first enter the league in question is fine, that's more than enough time for people to take the stuff they want and gives them a proper incentive to buy more tabs, rather than completely discouraging it.

This makes no sense. If you take a few month breaks and are not here when leagues merge and this 'solution' happens? Stash tabs gone? GGG has done the right choice.
You should all be grateful they even give us any RO tabs, if I remember correctly, in D2 you could only take what you could carry on your characters when they would reset. If they end up doing that in POE there would be outrage no doubt. Sadly its probably what they should be doing at some point...

Honestly I feel like RO tabs are being used to hold items that no one really cares about and don't want to unload from RO tabs to real tabs where they would just rot.

Actually a decent solution to this problem is to buy additional character slots now that think about it. You get around the same space if you actually equip items on your guys. (swap, flasks, inventory, and many gems in your sockets)
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
I had some stuff in a storage unit once but then my storage unit became full so I was like "GIMME A NEW STORAGE UNIT FO FREE AND LET ME KEEP IT FO-EVER!" to the owner. I mean I had more stuff to store (and obviously my old unit was full) but for some reason he wanted me to pay for ANOTHER storage unit....it was soooo unfair. Anyway after that I went and cried on a forum about it.

Also the post above me is wrong about d2. We had mules as well as characters and they had their own individual stash and horadric cube. All of their stash and inventory (as well as whatever was in their horadric cube) went to non-ladder at reset. Also after 90 days ALL of your accounts (meaning your characters or mules and regardless of ladder or non-ladder) expired. Poof! bye bye to EVERYTHING.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jul 6, 2014, 9:06:14 PM
"

This makes no sense. If you take a few month breaks and are not here when leagues merge and this 'solution' happens? Stash tabs gone? GGG has done the right choice.

Do you have reading comprehension problems?

1 month to clear the tabs and take what you want starting from when you first enter the league in question

So even if you did take a break when you come back and enter one of the permanent leagues you THEN start a timer and get a warning telling you that you have to deal with it.

Then you simply save the items you WANT and you don't have to worry about the RO tabs being merged being several pages of junk gems, which will take far more time to manage than simply moving the items you want to keep. Plus it will incentivise people to buy more tabs if they can't fit all the items they want into their available space, rather than discouraging it knowing it's more than likely going to be auto-populated with junk levelling gear or gems which you then have to delete 1 item at a time to make room, only then to have to move the gear you DO want to keep over - the method I suggested literally eliminates an entire stage of this process.

Then after 1 month all of the RO tabs you chose not to manage are removed, and you end up saving a mertic fuck-ton of time managing your gear.

Combine this with the OPTION of merging a whole RO tab or upgrading an RO tab directly and you have a much more palatable solution than simply merging RO tabs at random.

It's going to mean each time a league ends when I end up playing in standard until the new leagues start if I do find any gear I want to keep I DON'T have to manage junk gear for every damn tab I buy.
about this tabs discussion: you're all just a bunch of messies too lazy to clean up your stashes :p

GGG: clean your room kid!

messies: but MooooOm!

:D

ps: i have exactly 10 tabs and don't need more.
I'm that Morty guy.
"
60x7 wrote:
I had some stuff in a storage unit once but then my storage unit became full so I was like "GIMME A NEW STORAGE UNIT FO FREE AND LET ME KEEP IT FO-EVER!" to the owner. I mean I had more stuff to store (and obviously my old unit was full) but for some reason he wanted me to pay for ANOTHER storage unit....it was soooo unfair. Anyway after that I went and cried on a forum about it.

You've completely missed the point that most people have made. The issue is not that people are expecting to be given free storage for life, it's the fact that the way GGG are proposing to deal with the RO tabs is possibly the least effective and reasonable option available, certainly the one that creates the most tedious inventory management for the players - most people would sooner take the option of deleting the tabs entirely than having to sift through the shit in the 1 by 1 when they are merged with a new tab - all they need is an incentive to delete the shit you don't want, and there are plenty of ways to do this WITHOUT turning every new tab you buy into a dumpster.

Out of all the tabs that I have there are only like 5 I would want to keep, and If I had the choice of 'buy new tabs or loose it' I would most likely do so, but for the other dozen or so tabs the idea of not only not being able to delete them, but having to clear them out 1 item at a time will probably put me off dealing with them and subsequently buying new tabs.

One way or the other tabs are of equal or less value than they were before and I imagine less stash tabs will be sold. Unless there is a population of players with many remove only tabs that they want to convert into permanent tabs, which I personally doubt.
Seriously, many LOLs to people complaining about "losing" remove-only tabs.
"
SpectroRush wrote:

only lols are to people who are complaining about people which they think are complaining about "losing" remove-only tabs. I didn't see any reasonable argument from people or your kind. There is no complaining from people of another type. Just simple facts. People don't want to waste time on sorting upgraded remove-only tabs and they are paying money to avoid wasting time on sorting the mess of old 4-m leagues. If GGG is forcing them to sort stash tabs instead of giving new ones then people would rather sort old stash tabs which are full of random crap items as well, rather than paying money and still having to sort crap items.

again, no complaining. just facts.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
SpectroRush wrote:

only lols are to people who are complaining about people which they think are complaining about "losing" remove-only tabs. I didn't see any reasonable argument from people or your kind. There is no complaining from people of another type. Just simple facts. People don't want to waste time on sorting upgraded remove-only tabs and they are paying money to avoid wasting time on sorting the mess of old 4-m leagues. If GGG is forcing them to sort stash tabs instead of giving new ones then people would rather sort old stash tabs which are full of random crap items as well, rather than paying money and still having to sort crap items.

again, no complaining. just facts.

Agreed. It just shows how many people are willing to post abject bullshit without actually reading what people have said.

Almost nobody has demanded that they be allowed to have as many RO tabs as they like, in fact most people acknowledge that the RO tab system will get out of hand very fast and it's an annoyance for both players and GGG - What is being argued here is that the mechanic of merging RO tabs with new tabs does not solve this problem, it makes it worse. Instead of having a time limit on RO tabs which allows us to grab the stuff we want and encourages us to buy new tabs to accommodate the items we can't fit instead we are faced with having to manage the contents of a tab selected at random, remove the stuff we don't want and THEN move the stuff we do want... This introduces a completely unnecessary step to the process - Considering most of my RO tabs are full of level 1 0 quality gems, levelling items or garbage uniques this means that each time I buy a new tab I have to go through and delete everything I don't want 1 item at a time, and THEN move the stuff I DO want to keep into them.

The simple combination of a ttl (time to live) on RO tabs, the option to merge a whole tab and the ability to delete a whole RO tab would go a long way to solving the problems with RO tabs *without* requiring anywhere near as much time and effort in sorting their contents.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info