Update on Expansion Development Timeline

"
Heruar wrote:

All I want is a market place in-game. With or without my character being there.
I wouldn't mind leaving the game on, with a shop open, just like old times.
No search function like in an auction house, because that would be really bad, just a good ol' fashion market filled with shops, or something like an AH without search.
The current system of trading was good around 1995 - 2000 maybe, and I'm getting too old to manage a stupid forum shop, let alone find something in another.

Search is needed but only items with player online are listed or at least you can click on the item. You must PM the owner and you must trade player to player. Offline players have their items visible but are either greyed out so you cannot click on them or Have offline next to them therefore no interaction can be made.

User name is visible so you can add them etc etc...
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Damn our quality standards and ambitious plans :)
agree
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam
"
Jozen wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
rossidis wrote:
playing through the entire game, 3 times per character, facing the same wall each time, is not only repetitive, its boring, fanboys can deny it, but in my opinion, theres a point where you need to draw a line, and extending act3 further, is ludicrous.

I agree. We're not extending Act 3 though.

What are you doing then? Reducing it to four acts and two difficulties? Cause four acts with three difficulties would throw the leveling curve way off. Just like back when we used to only have two acts and four difficulties and had to adjust due to the introduction of Act 3.

That was not in response to Act 4 which will be out in 2015, it was in response to the new Challenge leagues in August. I'm sure we will see information in regards to act 4 when the time gets closer.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Sounds like we're in for a few treats this August. I can't wait to see how you've taken our feedback into consideration. It's also wonderful to hear you're helping out newer exiles. I hope that translates into some good player base growth and retention.

Can't wait to hear more. :)

Player retention, hear hear. I had a guild of over 100 active members drop down to 4 active members earlier this year.

"
JvAegis wrote:
Maybe this new expansion will have the thing they said that will help us achieving 6 links?

I'm getting tired of the QQ about crafting. Specifically 6S/6L. Getting a 6L should not be easy. They made a slight adjustment to it which DOES help. It's called using quality before using fuse. They don't need to do anything more with this.

"
Pulsahr wrote:
I know something that would bring a lot of new players : translations.

Nice one.

"
Pulsahr wrote:
For a mid-casual gamer like me, the trade forums and other dedicated websites are scary as hell. Something like a Bazaar (you set it IG only) viewable on forums/websites (read-only, with search engine ?) might be an idea. The possibility to send an in game notice/message should be good too, even for offline players.

Since poe.xyz.is pretty much solves all of this, I think what'd be cool is if there was an in-game GUI access to the xyz site, or a simpler version of it. Pool the resources, I says.

"
Zapeto wrote:
I think its pretty terrible that the 1 month "downtime" is placed in the period where most people have their vaccation, including me. I'd rather they extend the 4 month leagues tbh...

There's quite a few posts to this effect. I think what's going to happen is that parts of the leagues are going to be implemented into Standard and Hardcore. For example like how rogue exiles became part of the permanent game (just less frequent), I imagine the same will be true of strongboxes.

So, the four-month leagues will likely be extended in that fashion: by being implemented somehow into the permanent leagues.

"
jahcinto wrote:
From my point of view, Act IV seems the priority right now, forget everything n' everyone else;

Simply put: developing an entire act takes a lot of time. They're working on it. Consider these mini-expansions ways to feed our appetite while we wait. Otherwise it'd just be the same game for 12 months.

They're keeping it interesting while we wait A4.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
I think it's fair to say PoE just lost of lot of its playerbase. And here's why:
- it's a fair bet to say the majority of Ambush/Invasion core players won't be playing in the permanent leagues. And with a month and a half of no activity a lot of these players won't be coming back;
- as many already stated, in most places classes begin between mid August and early September. Nobody's gonna play the new league for just a week. And with the new academic year going on nobody will be spending that much time playing PoE.
Personally I'll have to seriously consider coming back to PoE after Ambush. I planned on bringing a new character to the endgame content during the summer and then doing maps and races in that little free time I'll have left.

1) Hence, the 1-month or 2x 2-week leagues, probably with rewards built in.
2) You assume the entire player base is in school. That's false. Most people I know vacation in July, return to work mid-August. The timing is actually perfect for the working class.
3) The above statement is meant to reflect: you can't please everyone.

"
yukatree wrote:
what the fk ggg you promised us act4 this year what the hell have you been doing.

Would you rather they released a buggy, crap version of A4 that needs 1800 patches before it's done right? Or have it done right the first time?

"
LBGxValor wrote:
Also nerfing old builds to the ground, having horrible melee de-sync and the accuracy on melee skills is beyond garbage.

You do realize desynch is pretty much universal (or you're a cycloner), and that you can get accuracy on gear (which solves the problem), right?

"
Tuftronic wrote:
1. Massively increased drop rate of some of the better Unique items. Possibly even smart(er) rare drops at higher levels as upgrades are very hard to obtain(they are absolutely fine at lower levels).

TLDR; I hope that one of the upcoming mini-expansions fix the bad drop rate of useful, fun and exciting rare and unique items. This game is amazing, except for the horribly boring loot (affix) design and drop rates.

An adjustment to unique drop rates was supposed to come in 1.14, but got pushed for some reason. It's coming, though.

Actually, I just think it wasn't mentioned in patch notes. I've noticed a pretty significant increase in my mid-upper tier unique drops.

To the rest of your post, maybe you've heard of something called trading. It's way too easy to get gear upgrades in RoS, which is fine because they've basically killed trading, because they screwed it up terribly. But if you can't find gear upgrades, buy them. :P poe.xyz.is dawg
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 13, 2014, 4:54:26 PM
"
Tuftronic wrote:
I hope the mini-expansion includes:

1. Massively increased drop rate of some of the better Unique items. Possibly even smart(er) rare drops at higher levels as upgrades are very hard to obtain(they are absolutely fine at lower levels). Also needed is a reimagining of what makes legendary items fun. See Diablo III expansion. They added a huge amount of fun/useful effects to a lot of their legendary/set items. There is even a legendary that spawns a pack of rare champion mobs whenever you activate a shrine. Awesome and fun.

And why is this such an important thing to see in an expansion? [Player Retention] Because mine and others current play sessions go like this:

Log on, quest or farm a couple of hours. Get no rare upgrades. Consider ones self lucky if even 1 low level legendary item drops. Know without a doubt that if a legendary item does drop, it will be a low leveling (boring/crappy) type legendary.

Always receive too few good (alchemist/chaos) orbs to craft with in an attempt to compensate for bad RNG/Item design.

Realize that no reasonable amount of play time will present me with fun item upgrades. Log off and play a boring, easy Diablo game since you can actually get good/fun legendary drops frequently. Sit around Wishing that PoE designers would realize how boring the loot hunt is in this game.

You are at a state with your game in regards to loot drop rates and design that Diablo was before their expansion. Don't get me wrong, that game still sucks...but they did WONDERS with redesigning their loot and drop rates. I truly have fun hunting for loot in that game now. Yours is barely worth playing anymore sadly. I tried last night. I received the same boring trash loot as normal and logged off. Your game is much better than Diablo, but sadly not where it really counts, the loot drops.

TLDR; I hope that one of the upcoming mini-expansions fix the bad drop rate of useful, fun and exciting rare and unique items. This game is amazing, except for the horribly boring loot (affix) design and drop rates.

but... the loot/d-rate is always same from the beginning..... i dont think that there should be such increases, cause the game works... and if there are always low level uniques, then why is trade chat full of good, or very good items or uniques??? so... maybe is it your build (item rarity) who knows....

as i can see, you are still a "old" player, and you know 90% of the game IS grinding....
so changing any loot style would not help much player as you think...

for me: i sell alterations, dis means i vendor every blue item, since long time, and make them to chaos. Also selling LV20 gems... after all the time, i got 2.5 stash tabs full of chaos... :) sometimes change to ex and so on...

i think if you get boring, you have to do something other..... if you got not enough cur to craft, then try to vendor more stuff, to get your currency.

i often read, that someone gets no good gear because of being poor, but you must not! vendor more stuff, c recipe, and you will see after some weeks everyone can have enough money to buy the 5l or 6l you like..

So some of you: dont cry about poorness or crappy uniques, while the "money" is laying on the ground :)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Jun 13, 2014, 5:03:00 PM
"
HolyXzer wrote:
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
I wanted to let GGG know that one of their players would like to see some enjoyable trading in the game after 2 years.

It's barely been a year and a half since trading was implemented. They've been working on a new trading system for a while now, and they'll release it when it's ready. I, for one, hope they test it thoroughly and take however long they need to make sure it works properly and duping etc. isn't possible.

^ This. Done right is much better than done poorly. Same goes for the desynch issue. Although I do agree with a lot of the posts about it, it's getting to the point where that needs to be dealt with. Soon. And maybe the expansion delay is meant to give them time to address that.

"
they already buffed chance to find uniques like 1 patch ago they just failed to write it in the patchnotes, if i recall.

Actually, that's a good point. I thought it wasn't implemented, but I have noticed I've dropped a lot more mid-upper range uniques like Aegis and Cloak of Defiance, etc since 1.14.

"
Route1 wrote:
-Crafting NEEDS to be changed so it's not just gambling through HUNDREDS of currency just to make something semi-decent or nothing at all. I play between 3-5 hours a day and farm all the right bosses and areas just to gain currency to craft because I like the idea of making my own items and I basically waste all my currency trying to get something. The crafting system should be more intimate too. It shouldn't be just clicking an object constantly until you get the right modifiers. It should basically be a sort of a mini-game that has more reliable outcomes.

Until something like that happens, people like me who don't have 30+ exalts to gear their builds are basically left on the backburner.

While I partially agree with you, the last line is just fundamentally wrong with how the system is set up currently. It comes down to better decision making. If you're playing 3-5 hours a day and farming hard, instead of burning your currency trying to craft GG gear, save it up to buy that mid-to-upper range item that you need. Then worry about crafting.

You even said it in your first line: you're gambling. Take the risk out of it and save up.

"
petden wrote:
Oh no. New four month leagues, new challenge-league-only features (like strongboxes) held back from permanent leagues...

How are you surprised by this? Mini-expansions to test new content is practically in their development manifesto.

"
Peon wrote:
but will the strongboxes from Ambush and guest base monster types from Invasion integrated into the core game when the current leagues end (july) or when the new leagues start (mid of august)?

While there's been no official statement, it's a fair bet. Look at shrines and rogue exiles as examples. Now a permanent fixture, just spawn less frequently.

"
No search function like in an auction house, because that would be really bad, just a good ol' fashion market filled with shops, or something like an AH without search.

That just doesn't make sense. Spending hours looking through shops until you find that one pair of boots? No. There would need to be search properties. Just because something like searching was included in the D3 AH doesn't mean searching is BAD.

Txfirefighter responded quite well with the rest of what I might've said.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 13, 2014, 4:58:03 PM
"
rootpl wrote:
We need trading system! Or mail system! Or option to buy stuff straight from the forums! ANYTHING!

this +1
How about fixing the current game before churning out even more content please. I'm not being mean, just saying there is a huge laundry list of things to address that have been on the back burner for over a year after being acknowledge as issues, yet the devs keep saying how they're too busy because of new content. Maybe hire some more people and/or prioritize a little better?
Well done GGG..but i hope this game would develop well in order to sustain long..keep promote it n bring more player here..so that the community will become larger n larger :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info