Update on Expansion Development Timeline

As always, excited for new content in PoE, cant wait for new leagues where I will acutally progress this time!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Hi Chris,

Thx for the news. Awesome stuff incoming.

I missed some points bout serving problems regardings to your CUSTOMERS- u know the buyers of ur mtx: The current system of reclaiming effects is pain in the a.. If u dont know anymore when and where u have last time used a specififc effect. Last time i spent a decent amount of time searching for one.
Its more than a hassle. Its something that will prevent me buying new mtx or anything that u offer. For me its more important to have such a feature than having new content. Sure, thats my personal opinion but having spent so much money makes my point valid.

I made two posts about that missing feature in the past. No reply.

Hey dont call me lazy, i only want some better support for my money!

P.S. no sorry for my horrible english
Last edited by ohnono on Jun 13, 2014, 7:58:58 PM
You guys are the best. We get an actual time table instead of other companies' "it will be ready when it's ready."

"

It's very different from Sacrifice of the Vaal

I really like Sacrifice of the Vaal. Very different? I have a feeling the next expansion will be both unpredictable and interesting.
New trade system for casual player please!
Dunno how many others have felt the same way, but I'll bring it up just in case it really is as big a deal as I think.

I haven't minded the grind through Acts/Difficulties for making new chars as much as I have the same systematic redundancy that affects how EVERY single person is forced to consider end game char builds: after a certain level and certain point in maps, almost every piece of gear is judged by the same standards: "does it have Life + resist A + resist B + resist C, sometimes resist D (chaos)".

There is no variety when it comes to choosing how to equip chars, with very few exceptions based on specific builds using uniques. I mean, I get that there is a balancing act involved and a trade-off for every choice one has to make in picking certain equips over others, or sacrifices involved if you choose a unique over a rare with more hp/resists. That makes perfect sense.

The core of it is that every league, every char, every scenario you can think of around picking and choosing a build is ultimately reduced to the same factors: "does this piece of gear have HP + resists?". To me, this makes the end game like a very large, very bland/gray/colorless wall where either you can get over it with a cookie-cutter(-ish) build, or you cannot because you haven't covered all the same old bases over and over with your build out of left field.

I don't know how the end game could be altered, if at all, to accommodate real variety when it came to making chars suitable for the highest maps, but I think it is a fair point of consideration. PoE is an awesome game, but somehow its repetition, by the end game content, doesn't seem to be rewarding or enjoyable or diverse or inclusive enough. Maybe it feels too linear by the end? It's possible that this limitation I'm referring to is kind of built-in to the way its made, the way it was since the beginning. But I feel like to truly tap into what can make people want to play the game (as opposed to making it just another avenue for grind, same as real life tends to do), there has to be something more than this sort of singular, constricting aspect to the end game. I can't even be sure I'm articulating my thoughts on this fully o_o.

Ah well, let's see where this goes.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
souns awsome cant wait.
"
Peripherally wrote:
Dunno how many others have felt the same way, but I'll bring it up just in case it really is as big a deal as I think.

I haven't minded the grind through Acts/Difficulties for making new chars as much as I have the same systematic redundancy that affects how EVERY single person is forced to consider end game char builds: after a certain level and certain point in maps, almost every piece of gear is judged by the same standards: "does it have Life + resist A + resist B + resist C, sometimes resist D (chaos)".

There is no variety when it comes to choosing how to equip chars, with very few exceptions based on specific builds using uniques. I mean, I get that there is a balancing act involved and a trade-off for every choice one has to make in picking certain equips over others, or sacrifices involved if you choose a unique over a rare with more hp/resists. That makes perfect sense.

The core of it is that every league, every char, every scenario you can think of around picking and choosing a build is ultimately reduced to the same factors: "does this piece of gear have HP + resists?". To me, this makes the end game like a very large, very bland/gray/colorless wall where either you can get over it with a cookie-cutter(-ish) build, or you cannot because you haven't covered all the same old bases over and over with your build out of left field.

I don't know how the end game could be altered, if at all, to accommodate real variety when it came to making chars suitable for the highest maps, but I think it is a fair point of consideration. PoE is an awesome game, but somehow its repetition, by the end game content, doesn't seem to be rewarding or enjoyable or diverse or inclusive enough. Maybe it feels too linear by the end? It's possible that this limitation I'm referring to is kind of built-in to the way its made, the way it was since the beginning. But I feel like to truly tap into what can make people want to play the game (as opposed to making it just another avenue for grind, same as real life tends to do), there has to be something more than this sort of singular, constricting aspect to the end game. I can't even be sure I'm articulating my thoughts on this fully o_o.

Ah well, let's see where this goes.

Well, it's easy to make choices in rares...more affixes would be a good solution (if they are properly balanced)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Peripherally wrote:

Well....

I can't really think of any aRPG or MMORPG that doesn't have this constraint offhand, although it's certainly possible I just haven't experienced enough in recent history. If you can enlighten me on a system that currently employs more of what it is you're looking for in this regard, I'd love to check it out to get a better understanding.

Personally, I think the colour of this game comes in the variety of skill gems and passive tree options you can take that opens up an almost excessively wide variety of options to choose from. But, does that array of build options overshadow the affix pool?

Solid question.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
ohnono wrote:
Hi Chris,

Thx for the news. Awesome stuff incoming.

I missed some points bout serving problems regardings to your CUSTOMERS- u know the buyers of ur mtx: The current system of reclaiming effects is pain in the a.. If u dont know anymore when and where u have last time used a specififc effect. Last time i spent a decent amount of time searching for one.
Its more than a hassle. Its something that will prevent me buying new mtx or anything that u offer. For me its more important to have such a feature than having new content. Sure, thats my personal opinion but having spent so much money makes my point valid.

I made two posts about that missing feature in the past. No reply.

Hey dont call me lazy, i only want some better support for my money!

P.S. no sorry for my horrible english

Hi there -

There was a Dev post about this and they do know it's a feature that is wanted. Changing code and figuring out the best way to implement a reclaim button takes time. We will see some type of feature to reclaim them eventually, when it's ready. In the meantime you can email support@grindinggear.com and they will find your missing MTXs for you. Also- Procurement finds MTXs by name http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710 which is a fairly new feature that was added to it. Very handy to use to find those MTXs.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

As always, I appreciate the updates Chris. I wasn't very taken by Sacrifice of the Vaal - far too much focus on the super end-game for me. I'll admit that I'm warming up to the Vaal gems, but now more than ever I feel that there aren't enough sockets nor enough space on the skill bar.

So, for me at least, hearing that the next expansion will be much different from SotV is a great sign. I really hope it focuses more on stuff that everyone can experience and enjoy. I also hope that I can fish (seriously.) I know you guys really enjoy the joke, but for me, my fondest memories from most MMOs involve fishing. Sitting in a level 70+ zone on WoW fishing for a turtle mount on my level 20 was awesome. Also, this game could really benefit from some activities that don't involve dying to Invaders. :)

Keep up the great work, and even though I wasn't in love with SotV, I am definitely in love with the game. Thanks again!
Team Won

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info