Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 9

"
Charan wrote:
Dual Strike? Really Fast Attacks? Seems familiar.

All snark aside, this doesn't strike me as anywhere near as innovative or clever as some of the other recent BOTWs. Maybe I'm just tired of the supremacy of Dual Strike+Melee Splash...

But then again if you look at the passive tree.. Completely different :)

Yeah build isn't innovative' more for efficiency and accessibility.. You can
play my build at level 35 from scratch ( which I have done in my progression levelling section of my build )

and if you really really want to strip the meat, you only need any type of 5 link armour and
a couple of 200 pdps claws ( 6 chaos each last i've heard) and this would be able to do end game content.

The only skill that dual claw can use efficiently is dual strike and the only way to give it AOE is melee splash.

This build isn't the most 'strongest' nor 'innovative' build but one that people wants to ninja about with whirling blade and shred the enemies like a wolf :)
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Nice BotW. It's good you posted an everyman build that shows you don't need crazy stuff to play well at endgame. Also like showing some love to melee. GJ guys. :)

Thanks man :)
"
iamstryker wrote:
Maybe I should rewatch the video but I don't see how that was a budget BoTW. He was using a 6L chest and two very high end claws. Thats not that cheap.

Edit: Oh and every single one of his main attack gems were 20/20. So budget...

Please check out guide as I discuss in depth on how this build can be done cheaply

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/852727
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Great build to showcase what rubbish mana leech is today. He's running out of mana every 2 seconds.

it is unfortunate that GGG has used a experiemental version of the build.. In the true build I use a level 11 clarity instead of a elemental aura resist and replaced a couple of items to get max resist.

Please look at my video below with clarity, mana rarely falls :)

pre 1.1.4 vid ( 32k dps) level 75 maps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEDyvrzIOEE&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jun 10, 2014, 1:49:18 PM
"
Charan wrote:
If they're gonna do that, I'd much rather a budget-build-of-the-week. You can do a LOT with so little in this game, if you're willing to be anything but a complete machine of destruction.

I'd really like to see Charan's build featured. Very excited just thinking of it. I could enrich my learning and sharpen my PoE knowledge, honestly.♫ヽ(゜∇゜ヽ)♪♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
"
CorranHorn wrote:
I just did the above BTW to make sure i wasn't full of it.

2 Claws between 280 and 320 PDPS BO on Standard league our of 89 weapons... i think my point is valid.

Hi there.. I count around 18 claws between 280 to 320.

http://poe.xyz.is/search/ikukitozutokuo

To be honest i only recommend getting 250 pdps claws since anything over is super over price and you don't get that much damage more.

"
iamstryker wrote:

Edit: I would prefer to see a video of someone who is around lvl 70-80 using a 5L with average level gems and nothing else super great. Clearing good maps with that set up would be more impressive.

lol, thats how I got up from level 80 to 85, lol

5 linked carcass jack and 2x 250 dps claws. The reason why I created the bargain section was because I didn't feel that you need to 300 dps claws, ok there was a boost in damage but not as significant as the price you are paying

When I just use 5 slots out of my 6 slots on my carcass jack I am still doing 22k dps AOE
which is more than enough and by /6 x 5 ( for equiv of 250 dps claws) my build is still doing over 18k AOE with 5 slots and 250 pdps claws

But then again I would recommend a tabala rasa instead for the additional slot and as I said somewhere before because the main defense of this build is life leech and acrobatics it doesn't really matter too much about defense on the armour.
"build of the week"
or
"how amazing gear can turn even the most trivial character build into a build of the week."

seriously GGG, I think you can find better builds in this community.
yes maybe less "end-game viable" and less "GG RMT gear", but a hell of a lot more creative.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Charan wrote:
If they're gonna do that, I'd much rather a budget-build-of-the-week. You can do a LOT with so little in this game, if you're willing to be anything but a complete machine of destruction.

This, a million times this. Please someone make this a thing.

So many of the BoTW's have 6-links and high powered uniques and double-stacked phys damage weapons and other insane things that **most people aren't going to come across. I do a minimal amount of trading because I like to be mostly self-sufficient. I've only ever found a handful of 5L's, and not a single 6L. I would love to see reasonably viable builds on a budget with non-insane gear, the kinds of things that a new player will be able to reasonably achieve.

I envision a lot of new players seeing these builds and trying to replicate the trees, but falling flat on their face because the gear isn't up to snuff. That's discouraging and gives the impression that you have to have uber gear to play the endgame here, and I know that's not the case. I also know you don't have to roflstomp maps in order to have a good time playing PoE.

So yeah, let's see some budget builds!

**Yes, I know with enough play time and investment in trading you too can have awesome gear. That's not my point.

"
unsmith wrote:

I envision a lot of new players seeing these builds and trying to replicate the trees, but falling flat on their face because the gear isn't up to snuff.

look at this build.
look at the ranger from a couple of weeks ago.

see anything special?
I don't.
only gear.
ok maybe the totem with Blind, I'll give him that.

"

**Yes, I know with enough play time ... you too can have awesome gear.

no.

"
investment in trading

yes.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 10, 2014, 3:09:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info