Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 9

"
ClayDragons wrote:
First page hype!

hä? what is your text about? i can not read any relations to the announced text???

can you explain it pls?

"
geradon wrote:
is there a video where this build beats uber atziri?

oh, no, but i found a video, this build shows @ library level...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4n6ykbAf4

for me all the build of the we builds still very cool. this also nice idea to use the carcass jack
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Jun 10, 2014, 7:21:07 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:
*Sarcasm on*

A Dualwielder using Dualstrike ?!? How INOVATIVE!!!

*Sarcasm off*

I hate that skillgem so much.

I hear you man. It's almost as bad as detonate dead builds using Detonade Dead gem. Or spectral throwers using Spectral Throw. The worst of all are probably trappers using trap gems, lol, how innovative and original

It's more the fact that everything that is not Dual Strike is dominated by Dual Strike when used in a Dual Wielding Build. I really like Dual Wielding but even after the "nerf/buff" Dual Strike is still sooo much stronger than any other skill while Dual Wielding which makes it kinda boring. I believe that's what he wanted to say.
I built this exact build a few months ago, but did Daresso's Defiance for more Dodge and i had way more leech than this guy.

Here is the hard part. Claws don't drop all that often. In comparison to Siege Axes, or even some foils, claws drop less. So, they have less chances at rolling = less good claws.

POE ZYX yourself some 300 PDPS 1 handers. Almost every one is a siege axe lol.

Claw builds are kinda hard because... there aren't many claws, and the instaleech builds are awesome, the only usable skill with them is dual strike.

Claw BUFF needed!
Last edited by CorranHorn on Jun 10, 2014, 10:16:29 AM
I just did the above BTW to make sure i wasn't full of it.

2 Claws between 280 and 320 PDPS BO on Standard league our of 89 weapons... i think my point is valid.
Hello this is the creator of the build..

It is unfortunate that the copy of the build that GGG used was a experimental version ( half MF and half level progression )

When geared probably I do not have any problems with Mana and I have a dps of 37kdps so yes kill speed is pretty quick

Please find below my build before the dual claw buff when I was only doing 32k dps. As you can see kill rate is pretty quick and no issues with mana.

Level map 75

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEDyvrzIOEE

Generally I created this build because I didn't see many dual claw builds at level 85 + hence it might not be very creative but very efficient for what it is

It is also a build that has very low entry to barrier since 250k pdps claws are like 1 to 2 ex and 200pdps are like 6 chaos

You can use BOR or tabala rasa or 5 linked carcass jack which cost 2 to 4 ex.

"
CorranHorn wrote:
I just did the above BTW to make sure i wasn't full of it.

2 Claws between 280 and 320 PDPS BO on Standard league our of 89 weapons... i think my point is valid.

The point's valid but you are forgetting a few things which mitigate it some:

1) how many people are chancing hundreds of siege axes trying to get soul taker? TONS. This generates a disproportionate amount of rare siege axes in the marketplace

2) how many people who find a 300 pdps claw realize that it could be worth something and try and sell it? The average line of thought goes something like this: "hmm this claw looks decent but claws don't sell because no good claw builds exist, vendor trash."

I bet just as many 300 pdps claws drop as 300 pdps axes or swords... it's just people's mentality screwing up the final ratio of weapons that make it to PoE.xyz for sale.

There weren't that many fast atk speed, high crit, low DPS daggers in existance until CoC came around and people realized they were worth selling...
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Jun 10, 2014, 12:47:21 PM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
Maybe I should rewatch the video but I don't see how that was a budget BoTW. He was using a 6L chest and two very high end claws. Thats not that cheap.

Edit: Oh and every single one of his main attack gems were 20/20. So budget...

Varying claws will only effect efficiency. A 6L is hardly needed for this build to work nor are the 20/20 gems. You could use a naked account and start using this build as early as completing the quest sharp and cruel in act 2 normal. The passive tree used is very typical and allows for a lot of variances based on gear and preferences.

Of course I knew that. The build is certainly possible, i've done similar stuff in the past myself. My issue is that the build running is not cheap and the cheaper version that doesn't use a 6L, high end claws, and perfect gems is going to do much less damage and not be nearly as impressive in the end game.

Edit: I would prefer to see a video of someone who is around lvl 70-80 using a 5L with average level gems and nothing else super great. Clearing good maps with that set up would be more impressive.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jun 10, 2014, 12:55:16 PM
"
Bobbyblind wrote:
Dunno, feels like a cheap 5L Reave build with Bloodseeker works just as well. But the totem trick is really neat.

I'm not 100% if it is enough damage because bloodseeker does only 200 pdps for end game but yeah then again it won't be a dual claw build if you use reave which is probably the main point of the build, lol
"
meerkatz13 wrote:
Congratulations ninedeadeyes! :D

This build and more can be found here: Shadow build list

Thanks man.. and keep up the good work yourself :)
"
iamstryker wrote:
Seems very standard.

without the very strong claws the build would struggle pretty hard.

Not really, I was surviving with a

A) 5 linked carcass jack ( cost 2 ex)

B) 2 x dual 250 physical dps claws ( cost 2 ex each )

until level 85. I could probably have leveled from 85 to 90 without the 6 link or 300 physical dps claws but when you are making currency you got to spend it on something :)

The build is effciency focus rather being a super creative build.. I originally created it to help other dual claw builds to get to level 80 to 90 since every time I spoke to them they had some 'issues' with their builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info