Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 9

The BOTW is cool. congrats to ninedeadeyes. I personally could care less if the build is innovative enough or uses the right combination of non-overpowered gear to be impressive...the destination is the journey.

If someone wants a "budget" build: roll a marauder and get all the life/resist nodes in the marauder/duelist areas, grab iron reflexes, then go in the Templar area and grab more life/resist nodes. After that grab damage nodes for whatever particular weapon/skill youre using.

Wear IIR jewelry/gear once youre resists are capped.

Save the good stuff you find for next build or vendor.

Rinse wash repeat
"
ander357 wrote:
The BOTW is cool. congrats to ninedeadeyes. I personally could care less if the build is innovative enough or uses the right combination of non-overpowered gear to be impressive...the destination is the journey.

If someone wants a "budget" build: roll a marauder and get all the life/resist nodes in the marauder/duelist areas, grab iron reflexes, then go in the Templar area and grab more life/resist nodes. After that grab damage nodes for whatever particular weapon/skill youre using.

Wear IIR jewelry/gear once youre resists are capped.

Save the good stuff you find for next build or vendor.

Rinse wash repeat

I consider this a terrible piece of advice.
Viable, and terrible.
Though I do have a character built pretty much like this.

Innovation, crazy ideas, and people doing awesome stuff without necessarily needing the BiS-you'll-never-get-tier gear.
That's the true heart of this game.

Best advice in my opinion, is "experiment". Yes, maybe fail a couple of times, but certainly learn new things and get more ideas.

But GGG picked a build that doesn't really care about those stuff,
That makes me sad.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
lol, mins is budget build its not my fault I kept on playing and kept on gaining currency and hence kept on getting better gear. I have written a massive section on my guide how to create this character cheaply from 5 ex to 15 ex ( depending how much you want to spend on gems, high hp, resist gear)

That's just it. 5-15 EX is not a "budget build" from a new player's perspective. It's a budget build for avid players who trade. If you don't trade, your build won't work, unless someone is lucky and gets good claws. Like most claw builds, it isn't very suitable for a self-found style.

A new player will hit a wall in merciless, if not in act3/cruel, and feel they can't progress, because of a lack of claws. That isn't your fault, but it illustrates the problem with these builds. New players will not have what is required for them, and for experienced players the build isn't very new or original. Again, not your fault in any way. It just highlights the problem with many class guides here.
"
Bobbyblind wrote:
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
Bobbyblind wrote:
Dunno, feels like a cheap 5L Reave build with Bloodseeker works just as well. But the totem trick is really neat.

I'm not 100% if it is enough damage because bloodseeker does only 200 pdps for end game but yeah then again it won't be a dual claw build if you use reave which is probably the main point of the build, lol

Yeah, but i'm still reaching 19k dps on a 5L alone and pretty crap gear (no quality on gems either). And it feels like 19k reave DPS is just as efficient as his 40k dual strike dps, watching that video. I might be wrong though. Point is, I prefer reave, it feels like you're not sacrificing a gemslot for melee splash.

depend which video you have been watching as stated several times the build that was use for BOTW is a experimental MF version which only did 22k dps but to be fair a 'budget' version of my build will also do around 18 to 20k dps..

I think there are too many viables (hp, resist, defense) if we go on 'dps' alone to say which is a more efficient build but then again a bloodseeker can cost 3 to 5 ex so it is as 'budget' as my budget version.

Yours might be a little more efficient or mine might be a little efficient but thats not really the point of my build to build the BEST build in the game but the best 'dual claw Vaal Pact' build in the game :)

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jun 11, 2014, 2:13:25 AM
"
Mivo wrote:
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
lol, mins is budget build its not my fault I kept on playing and kept on gaining currency and hence kept on getting better gear. I have written a massive section on my guide how to create this character cheaply from 5 ex to 15 ex ( depending how much you want to spend on gems, high hp, resist gear)

That's just it. 5-15 EX is not a "budget build" from a new player's perspective. It's a budget build for avid players who trade. If you don't trade, your build won't work, unless someone is lucky and gets good claws. Like most claw builds, it isn't very suitable for a self-found style.

A new player will hit a wall in merciless, if not in act3/cruel, and feel they can't progress, because of a lack of claws. That isn't your fault, but it illustrates the problem with these builds. New players will not have what is required for them, and for experienced players the build isn't very new or original. Again, not your fault in any way. It just highlights the problem with many class guides here.

It can only costs 6 chaos to get a 200 pdps claws which can hold you out until low level maps.
and then 2 gcp for a random 5 link which can also carry you though for most of level 60 maps but if you want to do level 70+ maps and do end game maps you have to spend some currency. lol

Most top tier builds cost like 50 to 100 ex hence why I don't consider for 'end game' 5ex to 10 ex to be much.

I think people don't understand I am not telling them to buy it straight away they should be
hitting level 75 to 80 before buying such items and if you don't have some currency then you are doing something very wrong

The way I see it by not trading it is like playing chess without your 'horse' because you just don't like the piece..The option is there, it is legal why give you such a disadvantage but not doing it at all.. I don't trade loads but I know which uniques will sell well and I sell them and I haven't sold any 'rare' gear yet.

ps : I have a leveling section guide as well as a review section to show that it is possible to level with it and give advise one what to buy along the way

pss: As a player I am totally against 'only self found' mentality. It is as similar as trying to convert me to religion, it makes no sense to me in any game you use all its options to maximise your build and if you dont' then basically its your own fault if your build doesn't work.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jun 11, 2014, 2:37:00 AM
Well, it's at least a build that doesn't need several way too expensive build-enabling Uniques to do well, so congratulation to that.

But it's still a generic cookie-cutter Dual Strike Build, which there are several on the forum of, only difference here is the fact he uses Claws and the Totem to cause Blind, but in the end, it's the exact same shit as everybody else have done so many times.

Can we please get insight if we'll ever get Melee Viable without forced: Melee Splash / Multistrike
It's getting really dumb with the same links every single build.

Surprised GGG doesn't take the builds where people use a "TRASH UNIQUE BUILD" that does well to prove that the Unique in fact isn't bad in any way.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505

"
Derpey wrote:
Well, it's at least a build that doesn't need several way too expensive build-enabling Uniques to do well, so congratulation to that.

But it's still a generic cookie-cutter Dual Strike Build, which there are several on the forum of, only difference here is the fact he uses Claws and the Totem to cause Blind, but in the end, it's the exact same shit as everybody else have done so many times.

Can we please get insight if we'll ever get Melee Viable without forced: Melee Splash / Multistrike
It's getting really dumb with the same links every single build.

Surprised GGG doesn't take the builds where people use a "TRASH UNIQUE BUILD" that does well to prove that the Unique in fact isn't bad in any way.

Yep got to agree with you it is a generic cookie-cutter build but hey someone has to create the cutter :P

This was created because there wasn't any type of Vaal Pact dual claw guide that cover high level content and the best method to progress.

Yes it is a cookie cutter but this build guide tells you have to efficiently build since I kid you not so many beginners have no idea how to start.

Does it deserve to be 'build of the week ?'

It is subjective since there is no ' entry requirement' aside from doing a build on
the forums and even though we all have our opinions the only one that counts
towards 'build of the week' is those at 'path of exile' and if they feel it deserve the build of the week, it deserve the build of the week :)

its a build of efficiency and accessibility not a build that shoot out fireballs, lightening arrows, ice nova and goblins out of every orifice that only the 1% can afford*

* look at bargain section to build this cheaply
Dont get all this rage. There's was one ST with crit and didnt had this much of rage in there.

Ok, mostly hate dual strike, melee are fucked up and so on. But it's the game design itself, not the build.

To me any build that use claw/mace is "innovative", "no one" use theses things.

Keep seeing all the time people complaining about claw and talking about self found. Well, I pick every rare sword/foil, dagger/claw and axe in the ground... never found one of 300dps.

My highest level chars: 74 (templar), 78 (ranger), 86 (duelist), 87 (shadow) and 92 (scion), so yes, I think I had played a bit the game. Don't matter if it's a claw, I never found a good rare weapon. So why the rage? Any chance you guys are getting good rare items - except claws - and I are the only exception?

Because I can't see how it could be a problem in this build, otherwise any other build would suffer from the same. But then again, this could be my reality alone. My self found weapons are a joke, dont matter if it's claw or not.

Melee splash, multistrike, RIIIOTTTTT, ROOOAHH MOOOOARRHHH. Like the other builds dont use the same pattern, if it's projectile LMP/GMP and/or chain. Crit builds all of them goes to the same path... and so on.

To me this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173 are a innovative build, but expansive as hell. But the guy put mjolner in another level and used a lot of items to boost charges potential without going the common path, and so on. This build deserves build of the year.

Have to agree that the incinerate with three dragons was a nicer build of the week, but the previously ones was not so innovative, so I don't see a problem.

By the way, I would never play this incinerate with three dragons, didnt found much effective... and seemed to me a pretty boring one. But at least the build matches the virtual pre-requiriments of build of week in the player database vision. Well, it was indeed a more clever, well-tought, budget build.

Theres was another with poison arrow if I'm not mistaken. For god sake, the build sucked really hard, I would rather kill my self than play that trap poison arrow thing.
Last edited by swib on Jun 11, 2014, 11:46:12 AM
"
swib wrote:
Dont get all this rage. There's was one ST with crit and didnt had this much of rage in there.

Ok, mostly hate dual strike, melee are fucked up and so on. But it's the game design itself, not the build.

To me any build that use claw/mace is "innovative", "no one" use theses things.

Keep seeing all the time people complaining about claw and talking about self found. Well, I pick every rare sword/foil, dagger/claw and axe in the ground... never found one of 300dps.

My highest level chars: 74 (templar), 78 (ranger), 86 (duelist), 87 (shadow) and 92 (scion), so yes, I think I had played a bit the game. Don't matter if it's a claw, I never found a good rare weapon. So why the rage? Any chance you guys are getting good rare items - except claws - and I are the only exception?

Because I can't see how it could be a problem in this build, otherwise any other build would suffer from the same. But then again, this could be my reality alone. My self found weapons are a joke, dont matter if it's claw or not.

Melee splash, multistrike, RIIIOTTTTT, ROOOAHH MOOOOARRHHH. Like the other builds dont use the same pattern, if it's projectile LMP/GMP and/or chain. Crit builds all of them goes to the same path... and so on.

To me this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173 are a innovative build, but expansive as hell. But the guy put mjolner in another level and used a lot of items to boost charges potential without going the common path, and so on. This build deserves build of the year.

Have to agree that the incinerate with three dragons was a nicer build of the week, but the previously ones was not so innovative, so I don't see a problem.

By the way, I would never play this incinerate with three dragons, didnt found much effective... and seemed to me a pretty boring one. But at least the build matches the virtual pre-requiriments of build of week in the player database vision. Well, it was indeed a more clever, well-tought, budget build.

Theres was another with poison arrow if I'm not mistaken. For god sake, the build sucked really hard, I would rather kill my self than play that trap poison arrow thing.

If this was facebook I would have 'liked' this :)

I seriously don't understand self found players. If I was a self found player I would build a 'build' around a unique that has already dropped not find a build with certain uniques and then whine about it that you haven't got it

Its like a vegan bodybuilder entering to a normal bodybuilder contest and then whining its not fair because they eat meat, if you choose to disable yourself for whatever reason live with it and don't complain because it makes you sound like a spoiled brat.
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

I seriously don't understand self found players. If I was a self found player I would build a 'build' around a unique that has already dropped not find a build with certain uniques and then whine about it that you haven't got it

Its like a vegan bodybuilder entering to a normal bodybuilder contest and then whining its not fair because they eat meat, if you choose to disable yourself for whatever reason live with it and don't complain because it makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

most of the respect I had for you, for maintaining a helpful - even if not too creative or newbie-friendly - build guide (that apparently earned GGG's respect), was lost after reading this.

I'm not here to compete, with anyone.
couldn't do that even if I wanted to, with the way this game is designed.

I'm here, to play a game the way I want to play.
the way I played many games before it - including ones that defined this genre - and will continue playing after it.
the way I play the game Path Of Exile masks itself as: Action Role-Play.

if anything, Path Of Exile is a body-building contest where anything fucking goes, and is actively encouraged, and I'm complaining about being left back simply because we - the self-found players - are the only ones not pumping Steroids 24/7 or just all-out real-money bribing the judges.
no, you know what? it's worse than that: it's as if there's a judge standing at the door outside, saying "clean? get the fuck out of my sight!".
judge's name - in case you are wondering - is RNG.
he won't let you in, the legit way. or just randomly will, regardless if you earned it or not - which is even worse.

but yeah, you wouldn't understand.
you wouldn't even try to understand. because you probably don't give a fuck about that.
you also don't give a fuck about how many people your stupid little post insulted just now.
people who probably put more time, knowledge, effort and yes pure unfiltered skill into this game than you ever did - only to be shown the door by all-mighty judge RNG.

so congrats on your build of the week.
you are playing this fucking filthy trade-mongering RNG-fest the way it's apparently meant to be played, and now you got GGG's official stamp of approval.
that's all. GG.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 11, 2014, 5:21:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info