Devs and other GD people - Kripps Death a good thing

So if you don't know Kripp and I believe some of his buddies died

I was going to write up a rant

Instead

I'll say

DONT NERF SHTttttttt

THANKS
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Kripp has stated it several times, that this game is interesting because you're never safe, as was proved today.
They go for the loot and died.
They should separated one from another, or run far when the first when killed lol. Or even detonate theirselves her corpse fast!
IGN: Gonorreitor
"
Valmar wrote:
They go for the loot and died.
They should separated one from another, or run far when the first when killed lol. Or even detonate theirselves her corpse fast!

3 including Krip Died from over a 100k damage Detonate Dead boss.

It was funny as hell to watch but that shit was dumb as hell. No one likes cheap deaths like that.

"
coatesishere wrote:
So if you don't know Kripp and I believe some of his buddies died

I was going to write up a rant

Instead

I'll say

DONT NERF SHTttttttt

THANKS

And so you enjoy cheap deaths in video games? Why don't you play Dark Souls for that, I hear blind Deaths are common and the only way to not die is to have died taking the wrong path or watched/read something about it before hand.

I guess you have no understand on the psychology that goes behind videos games and why most people don't enjoy the type of challenge of blind deaths. Games can be challenging with out them including cheap deaths.

Vaals Hammer attack is a perfect example of the right type of difficulty to put into a boss fight. If you screw up and don't watch for the hammer you will most likely die form a 1 shot. It is telegraphed and even fighting Vaal for the first time you can tell he is getting ready to do a huge hit and you better run.

A quick corpse explosion doing 100k+ after something dies is not challenging, its unfun and cheap.
Last edited by TeamWorkTom on Feb 2, 2013, 6:46:07 AM
It'll probably get changed, but it was pretty funny.
It makes sense and it's intended.

Party play = higher boss HP. no sense in standing on the dead boss' corpse while the other detonates it on you. One of the maps in which that mod is actually potentially deadly. I tend to be extra careful when running that map mod. Besides, it happened before in CB, can't say that there was no warning around!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/63253/
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I wouldn't bother speaking for the developers when saying something is intended or not. Especially a game that is still considered in beta.

It makes sense in terms of game mechanics, but I wager this is an interaction they will not keep in the game. Unrighteous Fire scaling in party play also makes sense, but it's getting fixed.
"
Invalesco wrote:

Party play = higher boss HP. no sense in standing on the dead boss' corpse while the other detonates it on you. One of the maps in which that mod is actually potentially deadly. I tend to be extra careful when running that map mod. Besides, it happened before in CB, can't say that there was no warning around!

If its intended then its going to piss off a lot of people and will get changed from player cry later on.

That sort of death is not fun nor does it feel rewarding from learning about it. The animation for the witch to cast corpse explosion is quick and if you are anything but range are likely to be 1 shotted soon after it dies.

Go find the video, if there was any melee in there they coudln't have ran fast enough away from the first bosses death to the second boss casting detonate corpse to have survived.

Again, its not about trying to make the game not challenging its about making the challenge feel rewarding when over came, cheap 1 shots like that are not fun and it isn't something graphically pleasing that a player will notice they avoided a bullet.

I've brought this up in other threads but Vaals hammer attack is the perfect example of how a how hitting potentially 1 shot ability/skill/attack should work. Its telegraphed and every time that thing swings and misses you feel a sigh of relief that you dodged it.
Last edited by TeamWorkTom on Feb 2, 2013, 6:57:03 AM
"
Wallach wrote:
It'll probably get changed, but it was pretty funny.

Why would it get changed? its easily avoided anyway. They just didn't think it would be possible.
"
Invalesco wrote:

What inva said. This isn't a cheap death. Is working as intended there own fault for rushing to there loot. So Krip´s fanboys should relax and accept they made a huge mistake

"
TeamWorkTom wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

If its intended then its going to piss off a lot of people and will get changed from player cry later on.

That sort of death is not fun nor does it feel rewarding from learning about it. The animation for the witch to cast corpse explosion is quick and if you are anything but range are likely to be 1 shotted soon after it dies.

Go find the video, if there was any melee in there they coudln't have ran fast enough away from the first bosses death to the second boss casting detonate corpse to have survived.

Again, its not about trying to make the game not challenging its about making the challenge feel rewarding when over came, cheap 1 shots like that are not fun and it isn't something graphically pleasing that a player will notice they avoided a bullet.

I've brought this up in other threads but Vaals hammer attack is the perfect example of how a how hitting potentially 1 shot ability/skill/attack should work. Its telegraphed and every time that thing swings and misses you feel a sigh of relief that you dodged it.

Piss of alot of people?? You crying if you get oneshotted by merviel if you got 0 cold resist?

They made a mistake, and POE punished them for it. GTFO if you cant handle the heat. Its easy avoidable with devouring totems or just stand away from the boss.
Last edited by Burmeister99 on Feb 2, 2013, 7:03:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info