How this game will survive

Look at nexon games, they are HUGE!!! and have made their money off crap games like maple story, this game is actually good so I doubt GGG will have much problem paying for this indie game

and never underestimate the greed of rich kids

Also on the nexon topic they just started their open beta for dragon nest which has won a few PvP awards. Its a more action and MMO based game than this and the art style kinda sucks but the gameplay is soooooo fun, Check it out
When the going gets weird the weird go pro
-HST
Some people just buy stuff to support company,an easy way to donate.
I will quit smoking and dota if i get a key.
I have plenty of time(8++) to play.
I also offer slavery.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/6677
look at league of legends im constantly buying skins and other appearance items, and RIOT makes serious money off that
I personally think PoE will be fine. I personally would never even consider playing a free-to-play game that sold power, as (imo) that defeats the entire purpose of being free to play.

However, I'm one of those dudes who has spent over 400 bucks on random League of Legends shit. Most of it wasn't even champion unlocks, but just skins that I thought looked cool.

Never underestimate the ppls willingness to fork over money at "Oooooh shiny!!!".
"You'd take a eunuch like me?"
"
SirDimos wrote:
I personally think PoE will be fine. I personally would never even consider playing a free-to-play game that sold power, as (imo) that defeats the entire purpose of being free to play.

However, I'm one of those dudes who has spent over 400 bucks on random League of Legends shit. Most of it wasn't even champion unlocks, but just skins that I thought looked cool.

Never underestimate the ppls willingness to fork over money at "Oooooh shiny!!!".

I completelly agree with you Sir
Ok I didn't read everyones posts so if this was stated I'm sorry but it's common sense (I thought) has anyone else ever typed Free MMO or RPG into google? lol A lot of those games that are out there seem to do just fine I understand not all of them but more than likely this game being a new Action rpg that captures the real essence of what Action Rpg means (from what I've seen and heard anyway... waiting on a key lol) will probably do just fine
Default ladder: Zosia
I agree with alot of the people in this thread, I think GGG is doing the right thing. This game looks amazing, and until I play I can't say personally but alot of people are happy with how it plays as well.

As for the cash shop, cosmetic sales, and not selling power. Is the best way to go IMO. You get the best of both crowds. Free to play players dont feel like they are weaker, so they stay in the game and have fun. And those who want to spend money to look like badass can.

Can't wait to play this game.
I think, if the cosmetic items thing doesn't go so well, ggg can always go for a wikipedia-like donations pleed whenever the cash flow goes dangerously low cuz then people knowing the game's in trouble will be more willing to buy stuff from the shop.
Sometimes I hate free to play. The experience of a buy2play game can be much more enjoyable. Especially since sometimes in free to play there is an endless amount to buy, well it favours the company in a way since they can make more money in some cases. But yeh, I'd happily buy it if it's a good game, which it looks like one.
Someone said before that you can't compare what PoE is doing with LoL but I disagree. I know people who have spent $100 on just skins in that game they weren't always necessarily paying for a hero. So I think the system that PoE is going to use will work fine. Remember if people enjoy a game enough they will be more than willing to pay for something even if it is just aesthetics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info