How this game will survive

This game looks great and hopefully they'll figure out some way to keep the servers up and running, I think this game will be one of those that comes from nothing and explodes into the gaming scene. Making it really famous.
Im sure going to pay for ingame items to support GGG.
You should take a look at League of Legends, a big example of cash shop done right and they recently got a 400 million investment.
you cannot compare league of legends with the system introduced for PoE in the FAQ.

The LoL-Shop is a giant surge of money in cause of the fact, that riot-Games is selling game-releated stuff you need to play competitive. Until you unlocked all Heroes and with their Cycles of releasing new heroes which are absolutely unbalanced at start they got a moneymaking-Machine running pretty well.

If the PoE-Ingame-Shop will sell only visual stuff like hats or someting like that i think its not that profitable.
Maybe they will input some kind of skill resets or such, what i expect to be realy usefull stuff i would pay for as well if its not too high in price.

Last edited by 7hyrael on Sep 12, 2011, 9:50:08 AM
"
TYFK wrote:
#

This!

If you really like the game, you should somehow support GGG.

Hope the support will be okay though.
We will see how the game will develope.. I mean no one of us HAS to pay anything..
"
Teaef wrote:
"
TYFK wrote:
#

This!

If you really like the game, you should somehow support GGG.

Hope the support will be okay though.
We will see how the game will develope.. I mean no one of us HAS to pay anything..

QFT. If the game is to my liking, and I will spend a lot of time on it, I am sure to spend dollars on it. To support GGG, and my characters ofcourse, haha!
Cosmetic items are in oddly high demand to be honest.

I know that some first person shooters have completely cosmetic items like hats and character packs sold. Here you can actually see what you bought.

How many hatless people do you see in TF2 nowadays? Or people using the default skin in Killing Floor? Though one thing that accounts for widespread hat usage is that there's a lot of people on Steam.

I wonder. Will this game be on Steam?
"
kmansp wrote:
but what if nobody bought any in game items?

Hypothetically: Grinding Gear Games would be forced to close down the game and/or go bankrupt.

It won't happen though, you underestimate group pressure, the need to be unique etc

Look at League of Legends, that game is entirely Free to Play, but has made Riot multiple millions in profit!
Joined Closed Beta 20th August 2011
sure but path of exile isnt exactly the game that brings in alot of cosmetic people, and with gender lock makes it harder to "sell" the game to that specific group of gamers.
"
ziiion wrote:
sure but path of exile isnt exactly the game that brings in alot of cosmetic people, and with gender lock makes it harder to "sell" the game to that specific group of gamers.

expanded stash, is something i atleast is ready to buy.

maybe they have a limited amount of char spot.? and u can pay to increese that.

maybe increese drop chanse potions or more exp or smth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info