How this game will survive

It will just survive, don't worry.
Since GGG has invested so many years on the development of PoE as an indie company I'm sure they know what they are doing.

There will be a crowd of people who support GGG through cash shop even if it's not common for them to buy stuff in f2p games and there will be a crowd who buys stuff from the cash shop regardless. GGG has also done some very cost efficient marketing, so there should be some kind of income for them considering the size of the crowd interested in the product.

PoE can be an ARPG hit if it's polished and has enough content on launch.
And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
i agree that it can be weird too buy things in a Free2Play Game.

but since years i use to support the places i loved on the net, a video-game music forum & a funk web-radio, & each year, usually in January i give 20 bucks to each :)

just for the love, the love they put in their native babies.

also i never bought a DLC frankly, seeing Capcom believing the Street Fighter 4 players are just wallets... so many useless DLC... paying for 3 games, yeah 3 SF4, SSF4 & SSF4Aedition xD, they're joking ! (plus the DLC & they are not compatible between the games xp)

but if POE is enough addicting for me, it will be a pleasure to give 20$ to GGG each year ^^ (i am not rich)
but when i love, i support =D

(sorry if my english isn't perfect)
"i'm the French Saigneur ! Fight for your life stupid MOBs !"

Post to ask for a Key is like a Baby crying for his baby bottle.
Totally infantile, it's late, go to bed kids.
Last edited by Sebas_the_French_Lord on Sep 21, 2011, 12:49:28 AM
There's no need to worry about how long the game will last as it's F2P. Some people simply can't afford expensive games so there will ALWAYS be a market for a free one.

=) no fear, this game will do fine.
Special treat just for GGG ->
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8311
Increase your chances of getting into the beta ->
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8428
i had never spent money on a game until i got into league of legends about 2 years ago started buying a few skins because i wanted to support the devs (riot earned a lot of my respect with how active in their community they were until recently that is) turns out i've spent like $300 and regret none of it. id much rather buy some cosmetic stuff every now and then to support a company i like than pay a monthly fee
A F2P model works. think league of legends is the best example of this.

if the game is good people will spend money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info