Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

"
Sounds like a slightly more sophisticated version of "I deserve this thing and you don't cause I'm better than you" plus "I have this cool item and I don't want other people to have it".

Just cause you play more and are more lucky on the dice roll doesn't automatically mean you and your "hardcore" buddies are the only ones who deserve good items.

I and my "hardcore" buddies dont have Kaom or shavron , but i dont whine about.
And there is better and worse players, so if i play 1000 hours i deserve kaom more then person who just started doing maps.
"
Song of the Sirens

HYPE!!!!!!! Can't wait for the 20% inc in these
I am so happy about these changes! :)

Totally unrelated but pleaaaase think about making the game remember our prefered allocation mode too!
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
This makes me happy. for 1500 i hours i only find on rare unique.. and theen im back to garbage uniques again.. i hope this change gonna do alot
I LOVE THIS GAAAAAME!!!!
Nice , can't wait to hopefully get the unique gavel mojolner
Last edited by borlur on May 16, 2014, 4:23:55 AM
This change is so needed.

At the moment, finding uniques is not really a great experience 'cause it's always the same (common) uniques over and over again. It's incredibly frustrating to start a new league and of the first 10-15 uniques you find, roughly a third are duplicates. And this trend continues as you progress further. Every time I get another unique I already have (which feels like 50% of the time), I wonder why the game even has so many different uniques when it's always the same ones dropping. I'm okay with powerful uniques being rare, but the balance seemed way off to me for a long time.

But apparently I'm preaching to the converted here. ;)
it maybe sound nice but .000000000000001% times 2 isnt a big improvement its just a marketing trick guys. (im exaggerating ofc atm)

you wont see any difference and it will be still better to actually buy them from others ingame. those stuff like shavs/kaoms should be rare (most have now low level and less usefull surrogates) -> you absolutely dont need them to be happy in poe.

ofc you can then play a facerollbuild but there are others around who are far more cheaper and do the same job.

what i hate is the extreme rng in this game -> i 6l a coil in like 20 fuses and used now 1100 fuse and never got a 5l on a triple res chest. thats too much rng sorry. i gave up and will now only buy 6l stuff and never do it again cause of that. (and yes i really used that much i couldnt believe my eyes when stash was empty)

i would also love to do more crafting on my own but i guess that was never planned. since exalt/eternal droprate sucks (game seems to be planned around that...) i will never have the joy of actually "making" something useful.

btw whenever you drop something like shavs you easily better sell it (if your a casual player)
cause with that amount of exalts you can have tons of gear which makes you able to do alot fun builds easily. and i dont think that casuals are lokking for a shavs (maybe after a year of playtime) they want a decent weapon+5l/6l so that they can play/farm currency easily to buy one.:)
Great changes.
Looks like a little bit in way of selffound leage.

And its a big hit against rmt sites i hope.

The really good uniques will still drop in verry small doses.

So in wonder that so few people whining here about there losing of profit.

Or they know the dobbling of droprate make nothing :-)

For these people who ar whining about hardcore and so you can make a leage

with 10 % dropprate of all items and 0,1 % droprate of uniques and 10 x dammage

of all monsters.

then all the hardcore peaple can show how hardcore they are and go to this leage.

And if they do that not, they must stopp whining.

I prefere a thematik drop of uniques. So caster drop caster uniques for 80 % and

all other for 20 %. hardhitter maces, bow skelets bows and so on.

This isn't surprising. It makes the 4 month league more enjoyable and meaningful. Instead of taking 4 months to find a rare unique for example, it will now theoretically only take 2. Win.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Sounds like very good changes!
How about the unique strongboxes that no one encountered yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info