Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

1st page! :giggles like a little kid:

^
oh no, fail :(
"Yeena thinks she knows the Spirit. That it talks to her. She talks to herself." -Greust <3
Last edited by wahaha123 on May 16, 2014, 12:09:24 AM
while rarity tiers are in itself ok what isnt is 'balancing by rarity'

"hey, i have a very powerful (that is broken) unique, but it is no problem - i will make it drop twice as often as 'never' and it is all ok again. release it."

you did that before (with shavrones that are still OP, kaoms, now with mjolner) and probably see nothing bad about it. game is balanced or it isnt - current model of 'if it is broken, lets make it rarer!' is not working (except it fuels RMT and we have players with one lvl50char and two Tamings claiming that they've 'found these, are these any good?'..)

second issue is 'leveling uniques' dropping in maps (bearable) but not dropping while leveling (unreasonable). ofc it is bad 'for the economy' for items to simply drop for players.. but how much fun is that my only unique that dropped before Cruel was a quiver during charity race?

please change retroactively Crown of Bad Balance and Hyrris Ire (the 'top' evasion chest). first one is totally broken second one is laughable. noone sane shall use that chest ever

and do not touch Blood Dance. one of the best uniques (conceptually) should drop for as many players as possible. let them enjoy the properly designed item.
"
elvy wrote:
Greater availability of build enablers to the detriment of alch shards (from vendoring crown of thorns one too many times) is a plus in my book.

Also, are you not updating the droprates to counterbalance the influx of new uniques anymore (with a larger unique pool, the chance of finding any particular one is lowered every time new ones are introduced)? Or is stuff like singularity boxes, nemesis mod that guarantees unique drop and so on enough?

Yes, this is specifically being handled as part of this change, it will be updated as each unique is added.

This was not mentioned in the manifesto, as its a moderately complicated concept.

hi. good news.

i play for more than 2 years now and have never found anything worth more than 2 exalts. :) i am very unlucky
"
Qarl wrote:
"
elvy wrote:
Greater availability of build enablers to the detriment of alch shards (from vendoring crown of thorns one too many times) is a plus in my book.

Also, are you not updating the droprates to counterbalance the influx of new uniques anymore (with a larger unique pool, the chance of finding any particular one is lowered every time new ones are introduced)? Or is stuff like singularity boxes, nemesis mod that guarantees unique drop and so on enough?

Yes, this is specifically being handled as part of this change, it will be updated as each unique is added.

This was not mentioned in the manifesto, as its a moderately complicated concept.

Good to hear!
you know how we have stats that are most desirable like resists and things like life and mana leech or armor percent and dmg percent.. those top tier rare items to make it top tier we need those certain stats... even atk speed or physical dmg roll with physical percent along with crit... those are amazing things yes but what if there were new affixes that were thrown into the mix that could also be desirable instead of the standard we see across all arpg's. dont get me wrong i love everything this game is and stands for and itemization is jsut amazing... but what if there was a stat that can roll on a rare with an end game affix that was like reduction of armor on hit or reduction of resists on hit or maybe 20% lightning resists on block or +1% max all resists on evade. ya know mix it up a bit with our rares. its boring to see the same 4 tier resists (even tho we can only get 3 at a time) on one item with life armor and then boom its amazing. i know there are uniques for this kind of thing but imagine if u can roll these stats with say a 70+ item level rare... wouldnt currency be used more? or maybe instead if that is too intense make it so there is at least one stat that can be added with an exalt to exsisting uniques.... just putting my little idea out there.

thanks you

sorry for spelling errors haha

i have been here since the beginning and i know im just one guy with an idea that probably has been said already but i have so many other ideas that might just spark a little interest. its in my nature to try to make things interesting!
awaiting till my time
Last edited by whiteblaze420 on May 16, 2014, 12:24:40 AM
Yes! Looking forward for a drop in the price of Bino's knife.

EDIT: Second page!
Another quality ZAP! post.
Last edited by chimpanzee on May 16, 2014, 9:15:36 AM
"
Boem wrote:
Hype!

Edit : after reading this my conclusion is :

Unique's will be the build enablers they where always designed to be, while top end-rares will be the truly "unique" end game goals.

Very nice for theory-crafters that are not aiming for that rare item end-game. Very happy with this change since so many unique's have been added, yet the drop-rates did not seem to reflect this.

Peace,

-Boem-

AGREE. Now I can press pause on the searching for "cheap, found-item only build for beginners" and look forward to a variety of uniques instead of just multiples of sadima's touch, crown of thorns, and last resort... and trying out builds of my own invention inspired by my inventory. :)
Yes, please don't make my blood dancers expensive :(
where is the ball lightning?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info