Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 4 (Two-week Race Build)

build is okay - some fixes need to be make like others already mentioned (sword cluster better then berserking, point blank+iron grip) - but the items he is/was wearing are way to good for a 2 week race.

every piece of gear is very good and for newer players this will be impossible to get without trading. i already mentioned in another thread that i personally think molten strike is a very powerful leveling skill. but those gear wont come fly by without a bit of trading and you need at least as much attackspeed as possible for making it work on maps properly.

i also would take life gain on hit after you use multistrike since the number of hits outperformed (on my char) the life leech gem.

but the presentation from him - they way to level; what gems to take - is nice since that is exactly what newbees are looking for. new players need clear leveling guides and not those "500k dps faceroll threads" -> they are for the longtime ones who have enough currency to burn through that by buying BIS items like CoE/Shavs.

if new players hit a wall - and they will in ambush/invasion 2 week at some point if they play solo/selffound/nofriends - they might get disencouraged too early.

so chris approach in making a build like that was cool and maybe we should post more of them (including me ofc) which are possible without a single unique item. i personally dont think thats his "superb" gear after two weeks is needed for making that build work - it just makes it more easy.

also remember there are both strongboxes and invasions bosses in this league , rares will flow my friends , invasions bosses already drop a lot of loot nowadays
Ok, so I'm asking directly: Did you aquire this gear while leveling to 72, or within 2 weeks, or spawn it for yourself, or craft it with endless ressources, or take it from your stash?

I personally would've liked to see this build with 'normal' gear because you probably can run any build with this stuff and get decent results out of it.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
Chris wrote:

"
Wooser69 wrote:
Also I got no idea how you can get gear like that within 2 weeks of a hardcore league. Is this what I miss out on by never trading?

No trading was done to make the character.

CWDT and multistrike are both only available at merc library, so unless I'm wrong, how did you get both?
"
Rowsol wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

"
Wooser69 wrote:
Also I got no idea how you can get gear like that within 2 weeks of a hardcore league. Is this what I miss out on by never trading?

No trading was done to make the character.

CWDT and multistrike are both only available at merc library, so unless I'm wrong, how did you get both?

Most likely finding one of the two during levelling, not unlikely at all for one character (especially if you do like I do and try get "Support Gems Only" from gemcutter boxes)

If anything I'm surprised he hasn't found atleast one unique that would suit the build, since I seem to have easier time finding decent uniques than good rares. I guess he just found uniques that support completely different builds (inb4 he admits to finding shavs and quickly throwing it away since no one would believe it was legit)
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Very good initiative, you guys should make more noob friendly builds, because let be honest here most of the so called community builds around come from streamers and other long timer that have flashy builds that rely exclusively on end game synergy. Those usually totally skip their entire progression (both for skill, gems and gears) which is vital both for self found new players, or the 2 week races. You should do more show case builds like this one because since i started playing i always felt those missing. Thumbs up here.
Awesome video! I LOVE the length, they should all be this long and in depth!!!
Just an idea: Let whichever character wins the race be featured in the next build of the week video :-)
oh wow, ty for the build suggestion. i will give it chance... great idea with dis charity weeks..

btw i think you can find such gear... for me i got some of these gaer parts also... them of the look really exact like dis...

except: high life, and highes, and sometime attack speed... beside dis, i have the exact same gear as you have...

and to all the others: do not call other guys are lying especially its the CEO of a games company :)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on May 6, 2014, 6:21:38 AM
Regarding the links:

Weapon: Grace, Hatred, Reduced Mana: Maybe an Anger, after lvled up, if using an high Increased Attack Speed One-Handed Weapon: + fire dmg = + burning dmg, while cold dmg wont provide extra damage, and 1 or 1000 is enough to chill / freeze.

Helmet: Enduring Cry, Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Smoke Mine: Whirlind Blades versus Smoke Mine: WB will proove more adaptable, either for dodge & movement, since theres a cast speed behind smoke mine versus a natural IAS Skill.

Shield: Enfeeble, Blood Magic

Gloves: Reduced Mana, Purity of Ice, Purity of Lightning, Purity of Fire: Since Elemental Resistances are easy to get from the Duelist start thus a big Life Pool, I'd suggest Vitality instead.

Boots: Cast when Damage Taken, Increased Duration, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call: CwDT lvl 1 only triggering the Enduring Cry at lvl5, Immortal Call should remain on Manual Cast Mode, else its useless, without spending valuable points on the increased skill duration at tree.

Body Armour: Molten Strike, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Melee Splash, Blood Magic: Molten Strike has a low mana cost usage, its a waste spending 1 socket on BM, while u can easily sustain this with a 2% Phys Damage Leeched as Mana on the gear; Melee Splash is also a socket waste, since a decent Attack Speed will clear a large area of mobs with More damage; Molten Strike > MultiStrike > Melee Physical Damage > Faster Attacks > (Weapon Elemental Damage / Faster Projectiles / LMP / GMP) any Area of Effect support gem like increased AoE or Concentrated Effect, didn't proove reliable on this skill since its based on Projectile.

(The 5th n 6th link, will depend on the type of ur build, if mostly physical damage or if ur trying to go for elemental damage. each 1 has its up and downs)
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info