Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 4 (Two-week Race Build)

playing a build almost like this now , but starting marauder , and nice to see chris knows what he's doing when farming for gear :D first people are like chris can't play the game he knows nothing.

then he shows up with a decked out dude and just /flex , and noone believes that it is selffound.

chris to awesome :D
Initially I just saw that chest and helm, and said, well, is very nice to be selfound in 2 weeks, but is doable. After seeing the rest of the comments on this thread, and reading even some "white knights" beign suspicious about your self-found-RNG, and seeing your rings, amulet, belt and boots, I have to say that I understand the real problem of this game even better.

You're living an illusion, exile (Chris). I ended burned of this game after reaching level 90 in 1 month and half in ambush and seeing nothing more than junk again and again. I found maybe 2-3 pieces of gear worth something, with an insane map clear speed and getting 2 full inventories each map, leaving low base items in the ground. 99.99% (or even higher) items that I pick goes straight to the vendor. And now you come to us saying that you found something like that in 2 weeks by your own? You may have extreme luck, ok, I get it. But the rest of us don't, we feel frustrated and we end burned out. And now, as I said earlier, I know that GGG will never acknowledge it because in their "dream" their loot is as nice as this.

Thats one of the biggest problems this game faces, the loot is even worse than D3 vanilla with their AH balance, many players left the game with the same feedback and nothing is done. Don't getting any upgrade from around level 20 to 50 and ending rage-deleting your own char should never be allowed on a game like this. Don't finding any upgrade from level 60 to 90 (any), either. That makes your desire to play lower and lower, and obviously, you won't make any new char when you see that you reach the same spot where you find nothing unless you trade like a no-lifer. And thats said from someone that made ~10 chars on domination (x4 +80), and just 1 on ambush waiting to see if something changed, but no.

As a side note for those who say that he isn't hoarding alch/chaos/etc, well, alch and chaos doesn't do anything special, is just like finding another yellow item on the ground, but having the base item that you want. The chances of getting something good are the same, if I'm not mistaken.

After this rant (I'm sorry Chris if I sound rough, but I have to leave this feedback somewhere), I have to say that the build seems nice and I really appreciate the time you spent with the description, specially for newer players. This is how build explanations should be made, nice work with it. Anyway I will probably try the previous BOTW ST build (without the bino... -_-) for this 2 weeks, will pray to the RNG numbers to give me decent gear progression.
♠RaGoN♦
Last edited by RaGoNXIII on May 6, 2014, 3:42:41 AM
Thanks for the build, will definitely try this in the new race. Would like to see more of such new builds from you :-) .
Wow...

That's insane gear for a 2-week self-found race. I mean damn... 2 weeks? Holy shit...

My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
In a race this long, is trading allowed?

And if so, how and where is it done to avoid been disqualified.

I.E. can we only use the global trade within the game?

Any comment on this?

As that gear you have Chris!!! Taking a careful look at them they are just too perfect with awesome rolls in all departments? You have the game gods shining on you big time.

We'll all give you the benefit of the doubt on them been self found in two weeks.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Really looking forward to the 2-week league! Great vid too ggg =)
BLAMT!
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
Initially I just saw that chest and helm, and said, well, is very nice to be selfound in 2 weeks, but is doable. After seeing the rest of the comments on this thread, and reading even some "white knights" beign suspicious about your self-found-RNG, and seeing your rings, amulet, belt and boots, I have to say that I understand the real problem of this game even better.

You're living an illusion, exile (Chris). I ended burned of this game after reaching level 90 in 1 month and half in ambush and seeing nothing more than junk again and again. I found maybe 2-3 pieces of gear worth something, with an insane map clear speed and getting 2 full inventories each map, leaving low base items in the ground. 99.99% (or even higher) items that I pick goes straight to the vendor. And now you come to us saying that you found something like that in 2 weeks by your own? You may have extreme luck, ok, I get it. But the rest of us don't, we feel frustrated and we end burned out. And now, as I said earlier, I know that GGG will never acknowledge it because in their "dream" their loot is as nice as this.

Thats one of the biggest problems this game faces, the loot is even worse than D3 vanilla with their AH balance, many players left the game with the same feedback and nothing is done. Don't getting any upgrade from around level 20 to 50 and ending rage-deleting your own char should never be allowed on a game like this. Don't finding any upgrade from level 60 to 90 (any), either. That makes your desire to play lower and lower, and obviously, you won't make any new char when you see that you reach the same spot where you find nothing unless you trade like a no-lifer. And thats said from someone that made ~10 chars on domination (x4 +80), and just 1 on ambush waiting to see if something changed, but no.

As a side note for those who say that he isn't hoarding alch/chaos/etc, well, alch and chaos doesn't do anything special, is just like finding another yellow item on the ground, but having the base item that you want. The chances of getting something good are the same, if I'm not mistaken.

After this rant (I'm sorry Chris if I sound rough, but I have to leave this feedback somewhere), I have to say that the build seems nice and I really appreciate the time you spent with the description, specially for newer players. This is how build explanations should be made, nice work with it. Anyway I will probably try the previous BOTW ST build (without the bino... -_-) for this 2 weeks, will pray to the RNG numbers to give me decent gear progression.

100% truth. I'm using ilvl26
from ~30-40?lvl now I'm 84 and will be the same amulet till 90 - if I get enough motivation to get there....

Anyway, nice build and nice video for newb players.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
For links with Molten Strike, here's my recommendations. Firstly, take both Iron Grip and Point Blank keystones. And use Hatred aura.

Links-Molten Strike + Weapon Elemental Dmg + Conc. Effect + GMP + Faster Attacks + Multistrike.

The idea is that that's a lot of multipliers and so every point in 'increased damage' has an outsized effect since it's multiplied by so many things (WED, Conc. Effect, Point Blank, your insane speed, etc.) Melee Physical Damage gem DOES NOT work on the projectiles (confirmed on the wiki), so drop it. GMP, meanwhile, can shotgun very effectively with this skill, especially with Conc. Effect too.

You can also choose to switch either of those last two for a Fire Penetration gem or a Life Leech gem or both. A crit build would switch the last two for the 2 crit gems instead.

Would mana leech from gear alone be enough to sustain mana?

Not sure. You could use Blood Magic (gem or keystone) and then use Blood Drinker node to make it work. But you should be able to manage the mana cos another thing Molten Strike has going for it is that it is one of the cheapest skills in the entire game (base is 10 mana at highest level, similar to Heavy Strike).
Last edited by Exile009 on May 6, 2014, 4:46:53 AM
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:

New players should expect wearing something like it and it is after 10 level worth of Merc Piety runs with about ~80% IIR:

Ambush Summoner 75lvl gear

Boots, Reduced Mana and Viatality are bought. I dropped Vitality somewhere in Merc once, but no Reduced mana or Bones... Gems and Bones were bough from dropped currency.

I was probably lucky during leveling as I found this in early cruel and was using those up to ~70 lvl or something:

Spoiler

So good luck racers lovers, you will need it. I plan to use this time more productively, I need to drop few more SoJs... ;)

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on May 6, 2014, 4:45:27 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:

New players should expect wearing something like it and it is after 10 level worth of Merc Piety runs with about ~80% IIR:

Ambush Summoner 75lvl gear

Boots, Reduced Mana and Viatality are bought. I dropped Vitality somewhere in Merc once, but no Reduced mana or Bones... Gems and Bones were bough from dropped currency.

I was probably lucky during leveling as I found this in early cruel and was using those up to ~70 lvl or something:

Spoiler

So good luck racers lovers, you will need it. I plan to use this time more productively, I need to drop few more SoJs... ;)

Your gear looks exactly like stuff i find farming maps. THIS is the reality of self found. Not that gear in the OP.

Chris. If you judge drops on your gear then i understand what is happening here. But for us non-devz non-streamers reality looks different

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info