Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 4 (Two-week Race Build)

one final comment:

'(..) youll find leveling uniques (..)

no, you wont. leveled 3 chars to ~70ish recently and found total 3 uniques one can call 'leveling' and all dropped in merci iirc

leveling uniques drop chances are below acceptable levels
"
sidtherat wrote:
one final comment:

'(..) youll find leveling uniques (..)

no, you wont. leveled 3 chars to ~70ish recently and found total 3 uniques one can call 'leveling' and all dropped in merci iirc

leveling uniques drop chances are below acceptable levels

#anecdotalevidence
#rngisrng
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Exile009 wrote:
For links with Molten Strike, here's my recommendations. Firstly, take both Iron Grip and Point Blank keystones. And use Hatred aura.

Links-Molten Strike + Weapon Elemental Dmg + Conc. Effect + GMP + Faster Attacks + Multistrike.

The idea is that that's a lot of multipliers and so every point in 'increased damage' has an outsized effect since it's multiplied by so many things (WED, Conc. Effect, Point Blank, your insane speed, etc.) Melee Physical Damage gem DOES NOT work on the projectiles (confirmed on the wiki), so drop it. GMP, meanwhile, can shotgun very effectively with this skill, especially with Conc. Effect too.

You can also choose to switch either of those last two for a Fire Penetration gem or a Life Leech gem or both. A crit build would switch the last two for the 2 crit gems instead.

Would mana leech from gear alone be enough to sustain mana?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
few more comments:

wen trough my gear and i have a belt better than the one posted! yay me. after playing for more than a year in OB+release.
but my highest helmet is 690 armor and is worthless otherwise. nice self found gear, yeah right. as you can see pretty much everyone call this 'no trading'.. a lie.

Doesn't have to be a lie, but yeah if it's selffound Chris was incredibly lucky lol.

Well considering his one goal is making one character with decent equipment and showcasing it, I find it quite believable, since he'd be using every alch and chaos he found to improve on gear, unlike most players who would rather be hoarding atleast some currency. Although admittedly he seemed to have a lot of chaos left over in inventory there at one point, rng is rng I suppose *shrugs*
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
"
cryptc wrote:
... since he'd be using every alch and chaos he found to improve on gear, unlike most players who would rather be hoarding atleast some currency.

Most self-found players use their currency and don't hoard it.
Uhm, did I miss where you showed us what gems you are using? Kind of useless without that IMHO.

Looks cool though, nice survivability which is of course the key with a HardCore character. Better to kill slower and not die than kill fast but die faster :D
"
Mivo wrote:
"
cryptc wrote:
... since he'd be using every alch and chaos he found to improve on gear, unlike most players who would rather be hoarding atleast some currency.

Most self-found players use their currency and don't hoard it.

I've not done any statistics about it, so I just went by my own playstyle, which is self-found and hoarding. I might be atypical in this though.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Last edited by cryptc on May 6, 2014, 2:44:26 AM
"
Uhm, did I miss where you showed us what gems you are using? Kind of useless without that IMHO.

Looks cool though, nice survivability which is of course the key with a HardCore character. Better to kill slower and not die than kill fast but die faster :D

I've edited the gems into the post now!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
How do you get that gear and have 15 pure chaos orbs self found in two weeks?

edit: on a positive note, excellent build video! It was well done and while I personally didn't like my first try at molten strike, I encourage others to try it since people have different tastes :D
ign: Vixien
Last edited by vixien on May 6, 2014, 3:08:20 AM
This is the first build of the week that has truly excited me to try it.

"
Chris wrote:
No trading was done to make the character.

*This* is the reason!

Thank you Chris. I'm so tired of seeing builds that need a fistful of uniques (and by extension a bunch of trading) to be viable.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info