Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 4 (Two-week Race Build)

"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Example Gear at Level 72

LMAO... bullshit... no one finds that gear by level 72

Maybe Chris meant "extraordinary" and "example" is just misspelling ;)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I decided to participate and will create log thread with all uniques i drop and all lvl50+ rares i reach before lvl 72

I expect to MAYBE have resist maxed and around 45hp on average on gear pieces

Btw. I find it HIGHLY suspicious that all pieces are 6mod rares. It looks like generated gear..
"
sidtherat wrote:
I decided to participate and will create log thread with all uniques i drop and all lvl50+ rares i reach before lvl 72

Btw. I find it HIGHLY suspicious that all pieces are 6mod rares. It looks like generated gear..

I'll try to do the same.
Not sure if I'll make 72 though...
Depends on work, gf, and soccer.
"no trading was done"

Can we call them "gifts" then? :p

One thing to note about this, i would have enjoyed if the build was more "realistically" shown for a short duration as well.(no more then a minute of gameplay is needed for this)

What i mean by this is, demonstrate your character when first ever reaching city of sarn for example. Having lackluster dps and gear compared to that area, i am well aware this does not demonstrate the game as nicely as it is presented now but i feel the backlash would also be less.

Because as you demonstrate it now, you might also have a soul taker equipped and a kaoms heart for example. (nothing prevents this from being the case at lvl 72, both can drop to a player by RNG's favor at that point in the game) And claim you did not trade for that character.

Just saying, i would rather see this build function in a realistic "new player reaching merc" setting for a few minutes, maybe with some pointers on how to overcome issue's associated with this particular build then how it is demonstrated here.

Compared to the older video's that i personally rate 4/10 due to there lack of character progression and information associated with the build progression, this Botw get's a 8/10 from me. Simply because there was a lot more time spent on "time based progression" and in forms of the "recipe list" added on this page.

(simply put, the older Botw video's are directed at experienced players, while in reality they have no need for these video's, they are just fun for them. I think this new direction of trying to inform a new player about the inherent systems of the game at the hands of a new build is a lot better for the overall community)

Peace and 8/10 from me.

(the items where a turn-off for me, i would have rather seen you struggle like a new player realistically would and offer pointers on how to overcome the struggles associated with this build. Maybe even mentioning the chaos recipe to create more economical buying power etc)

"

Generated gear is not "traded gear", i think we all know chriss like's himself some trollish comments :). They might even be gifts from other dev's on the internal server, they would still not be "traded" :D! Keep that in mind.

I still agree with your assessment, a lot of negativity will come from this once a new player reaches the same level and state chriss depicts in this video, while having roughly 50% item strength.(it isn't particularly fast even with the gear he uses, but that's another issue i am sure the intent was to demonstrate a fun build. And it does look like fun)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on May 6, 2014, 8:20:20 AM
What a typical passive tree: There are not any nodes that distinguish this build from any other melee build.

It just stacks all the best life nodes and general offensive nodes like all the others.

For me, this passive tree only proves that there is actually very little variety in the passive tree.

It makes be quite sad that the build of the week's passives is more like the default melee build.

Base stats shouldn't be in the passive tree...
Last edited by Startkabels on May 6, 2014, 8:22:03 AM
"
Atmoz wrote:
Interesting, will play it!

Edit: After watching the video, the clear speed seems lackluster. This wouldn't be a problem in a 4 month league but if you want to compete with the best, then I wouldn't pick this build in a race. It's a shame because the skill looks cool and is fun.

I know that this build will improve when you reach higher levels (80+) but when you'll finally reach that level, other builds will have already taken a substantial lead.

Edit2: I really like the format of the post, looks good!

During the State of Exile Podcast last Sunday, Chris stated that this build was more for new players who weren't sure what to build or how to build a character. (The passive skill tree is pretty daunting to new players) This way, those of us hardcorer's can get some of our friends to play with us and they can have a build idea. I don't think Chris meant for this video to be the ultimate leveling build or the fastest clearing build.
"
Startkabels wrote:
What a typical passive tree: There are not any nodes that distinguish this build from any other melee build.

It just stacks all the best life nodes and general offensive nodes like all the others.

For me, this passive tree only proves that there is actually very little variety in the passive tree.

Base stats shouldn't be in the passive tree...

You shouldn't expect much diversity in a hardcore tree. There are some really diverse builds out there, but most hardcore just stacks defense nodes as much as possible. Why shouldn't base stats be in the passive tree?
Lol if you think that gear wasn't simply created by the character editor the devs have. [Removed by Support]

That gear is not doable for anyone, in a league like that, outside the guys who write the game and can create any item they need.

This is simply more evidence of the massive disconnect between the devs and the players, and is further proof of PoE's sinking ship.
Last edited by Gary_GGG on May 6, 2014, 8:54:01 AM
"
majesw wrote:

I found gear fairly realistic for someone putting in 8+ hours a day over two weeks.

If you play 8+ hours a day for 2 weeks you will be much higher than level 72. Also there is no way Chris has 2 weeks to devote to a BotW character. I'm sure he is much too busy to devote that much time to playing a character for 1 video. It is obvious he did not play self found legitimately and get that gear.

"
Midnitecloud wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

I found gear fairly realistic for someone putting in 8+ hours a day over two weeks.

If you play 8+ hours a day for 2 weeks you will be much higher than level 72. Also there is no way Chris has 2 weeks to devote to a BotW character. I'm sure he is much too busy to devote that much time to playing a character for 1 video. It is obvious he did not play self found legitimately and get that gear.

You make good points. I didn't even think about the level of the character. It's dream gear for a level 72 for sure...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info